What's new

To be honest, I like the grind

I seen a lot of people complaining about this. I do understand the complaints, because some people don't have the time or patience in playing the game to get the gear and whatever they want. And I understand all that takes a long time. But I like that it gives you incentive of keep coming back to the game. I've been playing MK11 virtually everyday since release, and if not for the grind, I wouldn't have been doing that. Don't me wrong, I'm not the type to drop fighting games once I've finished the story and everything, but I like continually being rewarded for playing the game.

If you had to grind for unlockable character or something, then yeah, that wouldn't annoying. But this is only for cosmetics.

Who can relate with me?

Yeah, grind is good when it's worth the reward. I liked how NRS did the Character towers, it was fun unlocking the brutalities, the intros and all that other stuff for me. I'm trying to do the Gauntlet towers now, but it's difficult. Im not crying about it, just stating the fact. I like a challenge that's not complete bullshit (like it was on day 1).

You've no idea how many people play MK11 just to grind towers against the AI without even trying to play online. I swear it's like 30% of the whole MK community.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I wouldn't care if they didn't lock so much stuff behind offline modes that I don't care about and don't have the time to play. I get 2 hours a day to play, and I spend that time online playing real people and trying to level up. Give us the option to unlock these things organically through online play and there wouldn't be an issue.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
nope .... at first, when I played the demo version in the closed beta, I thought that 100% of the skins and gears, were to be released/avaliable through opening chests in Krypt .... I mean, ok, if I have to grind through others modes in MK11, acumulate 30 millions coins, but, I'm guarantee to soon or later find all stuff in Krypt, and the only necessary thing is find chests and spend that bunch of money on them, ok, let's do it ....

but now, knowing how the Krypt system works (gives you more or less 30% only of stuff and obligate you to grind and gamble in shrine for the rest, using random results), so, the grinding factor is not pleasure to hunt anymore, seriously .... I put Noob Saibot in AI mode for grind stuff in Endless tower , as a lot of people are doing already, lol ! :p

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
To be honest, I kinda miss it lol Now you barely have to do anything. In the beginning it was too slow for sure, but they patched it out too much imo. If I had half the stuff i have now I would consider it fair. But, meh. It is what it is now.

I'm enjoying the grind as well, but I wish they had a redundancy.

E.g. In addition to towers, krypt, etc...your character skins/gear would unlock with usage, after certain milestones. (Skin A unlocks after performing 100 fatalities)

That way people only interested in fighting still get stuff.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
The way it is now, the grind is perfect for me even with all the shrine BS I'm going through to get the rest of Kano's stuff.

NRS did what they intended to do.
They wanted players who only play online to try out towers more, and they accomplished that. I would have never touched towers if it weren't for the incentive tbh.

Now all NRS has to do is bridge the gap between strictly-offline players and online players.

Lets hope the Kombat League is as good as we hope it is.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
I seen a lot of people complaining about this. I do understand the complaints, because some people don't have the time or patience in playing the game to get the gear and whatever they want. And I understand all that takes a long time. But I like that it gives you incentive of keep coming back to the game. I've been playing MK11 virtually everyday since release, and if not for the grind, I wouldn't have been doing that. Don't me wrong, I'm not the type to drop fighting games once I've finished the story and everything, but I like continually being rewarded for playing the game.

If you had to grind for unlockable character or something, then yeah, that wouldn't annoying. But this is only for cosmetics.

Who can relate with me?
I have to perform fifty Fatalities on Cetrion in Towers Of Time to open a box and progress through The Krypt. Fifty. Oh, I feel the grind too.

Afumba

Noob

Who can relate with me?
I understand your point but i totally disagree. If this was an RPG or whatever i wouldnt mind grinding hundreds of hours for stuff, even for useless stuff just to have it. This is cuz i 1) like the game/gameplay and 2) cuz the grind is tied to it/tied to why i like the game.

Mk11 on the other hand is an MP game. I bought it to play against other people.
Exception would be a quick playthrough of storymode and unlocking character endings. The grind in MK11 isnt tied to the the reason i bought the game and the core purpose of the game. You learn nothing and it doesnt help you improve at the game. Even worse, it keeps you from improving as you spend time stomping AI instead of playing others. Its also not fun as most towers are the same. That konsumables and/or AI autowin the towers for you makes it even worse.

So basiacally making the grind mostly SP in an MP game is just stupid. Imagine playing Overwatch and you only unlock stuff while playing against AI, while playing MP gives you almost nothing...

If i had the choice of grinding everything in MP i wouldnt complain, but being forced to play SP crap in an MP game pisses me off especially if the SP content is so boring.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I despise it. With all my heart. Everything should've been in the Krypt. That way everyone gets to play the mode they want.

You can keep the character towers rewards to be only unlocked there. Hell, you can keep every reward Tot and AIB give you, just let us get those things in the Krypt too.

And remove things like augments, and consumables from the krypt as well. Make it so you gain them playing towers. That way ypu reduce the amount of crappy loot.

devdot4

Certified beginner
I despise it. With all my heart. Everything should've been in the Krypt. That way everyone gets to play the mode they want.

You can keep the character towers rewards to be only unlocked there. Hell, you can keep every reward Tot and AIB give you, just let us get those things in the Krypt too.

And remove things like augments, and consumables from the krypt as well. Make it so you gain them playing towers. That way ypu reduce the amount of crappy loot.
Consumables should only be acquired through ToT or even just from lower cost chests.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I have to perform fifty Fatalities on Cetrion in Towers Of Time to open a box and progress through The Krypt. Fifty. Oh, I feel the grind too.
Pretty sure they lowered that requirement. Also I don’t think it’s limited to Towers of Time. A few days ago, I saw someone get a severed head after an online match.

devdot4

Certified beginner
Pretty sure they lowered that requirement. Also I don’t think it’s limited to Towers of Time. A few days ago, I saw someone get a severed head after an online match.
After just going through lots of towers in ToT, the heads are naturally coming to me whenever I do fatalities (or my Noob bot)

DDustiNN

I don’t mind the grind when you know what you’re grinding toward.

I’m still trying to get a specific Jade outfit, and still don’t have it after opening every single Krypt chest, refilling, reopening all of the soul chests again, multiple Kronika Time Vaults, and dumping tons of coins into the shrine. And all it says is “unlocked in the Krypt”.

Give me some more detail so I know what exactly to work toward. Because this is bullshit just to get the one skin I’ve wanted since Day One. I don’t even know if I’m trying the right places. Is it in a restocked chest? Is it in a Kronika Time Vault? Is it in the Shrine? Just let me buy it with my thousands of useless Time Crystals, ffs.

devdot4

Certified beginner
I don’t mind the grind when you know what you’re grinding toward.

I’m still trying to get a specific Jade outfit, and still don’t have it after opening every single Krypt chest, refilling, reopening all of the soul chests again, multiple Kronika Time Vaults, and dumping tons of coins into the shrine. And all it says is “unlocked in the Krypt”.

Give me some more detail so I know what exactly to work toward. Because this is bullshit just to get the one skin I’ve wanted since Day One. I don’t even know if I’m trying the right places. Is it in a restocked chest? Is it in a Kronika Time Vault? Is it in the Shrine? Just let me buy it with my thousands of useless Time Crystals, ffs.
Do you play on consoles or PC? Cuz they made it so you don't get duplicates anymore from restocked chests on consoles.

I kind of agree with this because how many times in different games have you seen people complaining about unlocking everything in the first week and there not being enough content. Problem is, like someone already said, I would much rather play online, but nothing you do online actually contributes to the grind.

DDustiNN

Do you play on consoles or PC? Cuz they made it so you don't get duplicates anymore from restocked chests on consoles.
I’m not talking about duplicates, I’m just talking about all the different options the vague “Krypt” descriptor has. Grinding is not fun when you don’t know what to grind for what you want.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Here's what I know - I played a fuck ton of the stupid towers last week and finished in the top 5% and STILL didn't get the Raiden skin you could unlock via the Race for Time.

Come on.....

devdot4

Certified beginner
Here's what I know - I played a fuck ton of the stupid towers last week and finished in the top 5% and STILL didn't get the Raiden skin you could unlock via the Race for Time.

Come on.....
Sometimes when people play the towers, it bumps you up a few percentages because you haven't completed more than average player. I suggest hitting at least 4%, last time I got to 2.1% by playing 101 towers and that secured me every bonus award.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Sometimes when people play the towers, it bumps you up a few percentages because you haven't completed more than average player. I suggest hitting at least 4%, last time I got to 2.1% by playing 101 towers and that secured me every bonus award.
I played about as much of them as I ever will last week. I'm not going to put even more time in. I really wish there were alternate ways of getting all the unlockables in the game. I really despise the Towers of Time. I want to earn things passively for playing the modes that I want to play. I don't care how long it takes.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
There are only 2 skins I want and I've yet to get them despite playing since release. I actually gave up on it yesterday. I swear I'm getting skins I already have at this point.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
grind is fun but Im not gonna lie, Im sick of seeing tower consumables. Ive restarted the krypt like 5 times and I get gear once in a blue moon and Im still missing a ton of gear and skins.

Also, where the fuck are the skeleton keys? The chest at the entrance that supposedly gives you one doesnt anymore. If its based on RnG, then it must be like 0.01% of the time.

devdot4

Certified beginner
I suggest letting Noob Saibot with sickle grab and 30/30 (combo/reversal or reversal) do the towers if you get sick of doing them, you can use a turbo controller to make it press X.