What's new

TMNT - How will they play? Tag, Trait, Other?

KCJ506

Noob
Nice avy ;) Exactly, they have to consider the fact and know that not only are there loads of TMNT fans but everyone likes a different turtle. Though I'm sure Leo, Raph and Mikey will be the most used. I seem to remember a poll way back those 3 were the highest, Donny came in last lol. Poor Don lol.
That's really interesting considering in a couple of old school TMNT games, Donatello was pretty much the best turtle to use.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I suspect it will be all random.. Trait to random change turtle and on select you pick the "guy in trench coat" and get a random start turtle as well.
This is a nice compromise, but I'd like to be able to select and use only one char and not have to deal with learning the others just to not get mopped until I select mine. Also for tournament play this would be balls.
They play as a team though, so I'm almost sure it's gonna be 4 in 1 with Leo being the base character.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Thanks. :)

My 2 favorites have always been Don and Mikey, given that they're both pretty laid back in comparison to Raph (who's always on edge / a hot-head) and Leo (in which sometimes his leadership has gotten to his head, so I can sometimes sympathize with Raph).
That's true, I like Raph well for a few reasons. I'm kind of the outsider with my friends the one that's different, I'm an Aries which meas while we're cool we don't take shit from nobody and it's my middle name lol. But right on, Donny I always liked a lot myself because of his intelligence. He's pretty much the Batman of the group.

That's really interesting considering in a couple of old school TMNT games, Donatello was pretty much the best turtle to use.
Yeah I love his range, I used Raph and Don more than Leo and Mikey in the Oldschool games, and I loved Donny in TMNT Tournament fighters. Just something about his Bo that's awesome.

This is a nice compromise, but I'd like to be able to select and use only one char and not have to deal with learning the others just to not get mopped until I select mine. Also for tournament play this would be balls.
That's what I was hoping for, too.
I'd like to be able to play as the Turtle that I want to use and not have to hope on a type of RNG luck that I get the 1 or 2 out of the 4 that I want to use and spend the first few seconds of the match wasted on having to swap out to the one that I want to use.

They play as a team though, so I'm almost sure it's gonna be 4 in 1 with Leo being the base character.
I took that more to mean either a trait swap to choose another one (similar to Green Arrow's different arrow types) or that their special move includes the 4 of them beating up on the opponent.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I suspect it will be all random.. Trait to random change turtle and on select you pick the "guy in trench coat" and get a random start turtle as well.
That would be the perfect way to kill all hype for playing the turtles. I really hope they stray away from that formula they use for multiple characters. Let this last one be a league of their own and get to CHOOSE their turtle. Make it happen NRS!

HASHTAG/TeamDonatello

That would be the perfect way to kill all hype for playing the turtles. I really hope they stray away from that formula they use for multiple characters. Let this last one be a league of their own and get to CHOOSE their turtle. Make it happen NRS!

HASHTAG/TeamDonatello
Agreed.
The whole random select screen / Trenchcoat and random Turtle trait change theory would absolutely kill any hype that I had for them, as well.
If we MUST start out with 1 Turtle, then I'm really hoping that we can either choose the default or (if we can't choose the default) to be able to trait / stance switch them out.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Agreed.
The whole random select screen / Trenchcoat and random Turtle trait change theory would absolutely kill any hype that I had for them, as well.
If we MUST start out with 1 Turtle, then I'm really hoping that we can either choose the default or (if we can't choose the default) to be able to trait / stance switch them out.
I just really hope they dont fuck this character up. Cuz if the Turtles are a fail, then its safe to say this game will be on the shelf.

I don't think the Turtles will be a fail and I'm actually hoping that it's the best selling DLC character, given their past track record with DLC characters.

Actually, a huge part of me hopes that NRS is testing the waters with this DLC, and then Viacom (or whomever now owns the TMNT rights) gives NRS the greenlight later to do a full fledged TMNT fighter in the vein of Tournament Fighters.
Yeah, it's a pie-in-the-sky dream / wish / hope, but I really hope that sometime later we can get a full Ninja Turtle fighter from NRS, much like how MKvsDC came out first and then later we got both an MK AND an Injustice series out of NRS.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Ummmm MK vs DC....yeah no. That was bad lol. But a TMNT fighter game would be sick WITHOUT any DC characters. After this game, im superhero'ed out for a LOOOOONG time! Give me turtles or give me DEATH!

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
I know it probably won't happen but I'm crossing my fingers that theyll each be their own character and we get 4 thrilled with unique play styles

Ummmm MK vs DC....yeah no. That was bad lol. But a TMNT fighter game would be sick WITHOUT any DC characters. After this game, im superhero'ed out for a LOOOOONG time! Give me turtles or give me DEATH!
I never said or implied that I want another MKvsDC, though.
My point was that just like how MKvsDC eventually lead to Injustice having its own series, I hope that the same would happen for the TMNT.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
You can't rule the posibillity of the variation there. NRS has this history due of MKX.

If the variation doesn't return there, I believe it will be Leo as main char, and the rest as traits.
@STORMS , guess I was right of not ruling the variation out.