What's new

TMNT - How will they play? Tag, Trait, Other?

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
Since the trailer went out of the way to have them say "We fight as a team" I'm fairly confident that they'll be played all as one and not as a variation system. I'm hoping trait swaps them out, either random or maybe a bar to choose a turtle. Something like that.

I hope it's not random though, it'd be much cooler if you could choose and they all have a mostly unique move set. I'm definitely going to be playing the shit out of them if they work even close to how I imagine.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I'm just really hoping for the trait being able to rotate between the four turtles. Being able to only play as one turtle, and making the others be assists would be pretty lame. I'd still main them, but being able to play as all four turtles and changing in the middle of the match would be the most hype option.

exisTenz

Noob
I hope you can switch between them and each turtle has their own moveset. Don't know how nrs can balance it though, but it would be really fun.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
I hope you can switch between them and each turtle has their own moveset. Don't know how nrs can balance it though, but it would be really fun.
Universal buttons and button combinations but different properties on strings for each turtle could be possible.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Here's to hoping that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle's Trait will be similar to a Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Tag mechanic, where you call in a different Turtle instantly to do mixups/pressure. I really hope they make the Turtles unique and not too restrictive like almost every other DLC character so far.

Also, if any of the turtles are gear moves, it may as well be a guarantee that the community who plays as them will riot.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Hoping for a triborg style character. 1 roster spot, 1 archetype, 4 characters.

I think we will all be pleasantly surprised with them; they will probably have something for everyone.

Aramonde

Noob
After watching the trailer again im afraid its going to be Leo as the main turtle and the others just coming in quick and leaving. At the end of the trailer Leo walks out alone and when the others drop in they're all standing behind him (not right behind him either but a few feet away).

Maybe im reading to much into it and i hope im wrong because if thats how they play im not buying them.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
After watching the trailer again im afraid its going to be Leo as the main turtle and the others just coming in quick and leaving. At the end of the trailer Leo walks out alone and when the others drop in they're all standing behind him (not right behind him either but a few feet away).

Maybe im reading to much into it and i hope im wrong because if thats how they play im not buying them.
I have that fear in the back of my mind. If that's the case, I'm still going to play them, but I'll be disappointed. I really hope we get to play all four turtles.

I think trait will be the tag, and they'll all share the same health. In the end they will be just like Triborg: an universal moveset but one different set of specials for each one and a couple of different strings. But that is a long shot. That's what I would like tbh.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Based on the teaser trailer/reveal and what they said, definitely won’t be stand alone characters imo. This one is tough because if it’s like a tag system with trait, how do they determine who is the default character?

It would be dope if you could pick the starter from the character select screen, then with trait you can switch between them.

Idk, it’s really hard to say especially with no gameplay yet.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Based on the teaser trailer/reveal and what they said, definitely won’t be stand alone characters imo. This one is tough because if it’s like a tag system with trait, how do they determine who is the default character?

It would be dope if you could pick the starter from the character select screen, then with trait you can switch between them.

Idk, it’s really hard to say especially with no gameplay yet.
At the end of the trailer, Leo comes with Enchantress and Atom and only later the rest of the Turtles jump from above behind him. I guess that indicates that Leo is gonna be the default Turtle.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
At the end of the trailer, Leo comes with Enchantress and Atom and only later the rest of the Turtles jump from above behind him. I guess that indicates that Leo is gonna be the default Turtle.
I doubt that Leo will be the default turtle. If anyhing, you will be able to choose a loadout of which turtle you want to use. Also, it's not like NRS can't implement something to change which turtle you start out with...

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I doubt that Leo will be the default turtle. If anyhing, you will be able to choose a loadout of which turtle you want to use. Also, it's not like NRS can't implement something to change which turtle you start out with...
Well it's not impossible to implement, but it does look like that. We will see when TMNT come.

True God of Thunder

Even so, you will FALL!
I honestly think it's going to be all 4. Boon said a "unique style" that has "never been done in a fighting game" before, so I doubt the trait-tag-out thing. Also, because of "unique style", I doubt they will play like Triborg. We will just have to wait and see.

AkioOf100

I play Raph
Trait switch could work. I think their accessory should be the headband. But I’m sure it’ll be the weapons they use.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I don't really see many ways they could implement all the turtles into gameplay mehanics other than the few suggested.

Perhaps NRS could surprise me, but a lot of DLC gameplay so far has felt really dry to me.

9_Lives

Noob
I would like one turtle on the screen at a time for the most part, but switching between midcombo and block strings. Guess is which turtle or something. Thinking nightwing or style switching from mkd

I'm just hoping that we get to choose between which of the 4 we want to play as or at least be able to choose the default Turtle, somehow.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Triborg style. Each Turtle will play exactly the same. Trait brings out their weapons giving them unique specials and normals specific to that turtle.

Suave

Noob
I think it would be cool if they did something like this

Regular Switch - This just switches between the turtle of your choosing
Trait - Leo Switch (Leo will be the starting character but this will be used to go Back to Leo when you are playing as another Turtle)
D Trait - Raph Switch
fw Trait - Donatello Switch
Bk Trait - Mikey Switch

Tag Assist - This will have a turtle come in momentarily to do an assist move. (Can help keep some combos going)
D,D Trait - Raph will come in and do an assist move
D,F Trait - Donatello assist move
D,B Trait - Mikey assist Move
D,B, F Trait - Leo Assist Move

Attack Switch - This will allow the Turtle to switch in with an attack that pops up the opponent and they can combo off of) *only can use one bounce move per combo unless in the corner you can get two
D,D Trait MB - Raphael Bounce switch
D,F Trait MB - Donatello Bounce Switch
D,B Trait MB - Mikey Bounce Switch
D, B, F Trait MB - Leo Bounce Switch

They will all have some similar movesets and some that are unique to the character.

Last edited: