What's new

TMNT General Discussion

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
If you press meterburn immediately during a divekick the meter burn version only comes out on block. That means the divekick is safe but only costs meter when they block it. Very easy to do, here's an example of me having recorded the exact same input:

So there was some discussion today about how "unsafe" one turtle was from the other. This got me thinking when I got home from work and I wanted to gather a list of all the block advantage data on the turtles. So in the process of drilling a few beers and gathering info I came up with this list. Hopefully this doesn't escalade into a pissing contest but at the end of the day it is TYM so I wouldn't expect anything less. Let me know what you guys think....

Normals:
1 2 2 2 2
B1 -15 -4 -3 -4
D1 -5 -5 -5 -5
2 -4 -4 -4 -4
B2 -7 -9 -16 2
f2 -12 -12 -12 -12
D2 -14 -19 -17 -14
3 3 3 3 3
B3 3 3 3 3
F3 2 4 3 6
D3 -3 -3 -3 -3
J1 -17 -17 -17 -17
J2 -13 -9 -9 -7
J3 -8 -8 -8 -8

STRINGS:
2 2 2 2
112 -5 -5 -5 -5
13 2 2 2 2
B12 -7 -6 -2 -5
21 -1 -1 -1 -1
B123 n/a n/a -5 -14
21D3 -2 -2 -2 -2
21U3 -17 6 -13 -11
B22 -9 - 5 n/a n/a
B23 n/a n/a -3 -6
B223 3 -9 n/a n/a
F21 -13 -13 -13 -13
F213 -11 -22 -11 -7

SPECIALS:
BF2
-36 -9 -23 n/a
mb -16 -27 -5 n/a
DB2 n/a -13 -19 n/a
mb n/a 1 1 n/a
BF3 -29 -29 -29 -29
mb 13 13 13 13
DB3 -27 -27 -27 -27
mb -19 -19 -19 -19
JDB3 -34 -34 -34 -34
mb -8 -8 -8 -8

CHARACTER POWER:
Donnie: n/a on block advantage but 60 frames of start up, yeeesh

Mikey:
41 1
42 -8
43 -25

Leo:
4 1
B4 -30
43 -5

Raph:
4 (3/10) -9
4 (5/10) -9
4 (7/10) -4
4 (9/10) -4
4 (11/10) -4

I know both Mikey and Donnie have their spikes but I still think Donnie is more unsafe than Mikey....
@xKhaoTik :DOGE

Just messing homie, not trying to stir up shit with the God Lord Kitana and GOAT Ivy <3

What do you think?:) Cheers!!

P.S. Bossa Nova!!

Aramonde

Noob
For real? Idk man, I usually defend businesses for being businesses but shit like that is frustrating
Yeah WB/NRS were already on my shitlist for putting loot boxes in the game. I don't feel the TMNT are all that different to warrant the extra money. That's why I'm asking others here if they think so.

I haven't played this game since Sub came out and thought I'd jump back in for TMNT but I don't want to support business practices like this.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
So it's 9 bucks for TMNT by themselves?

A higher price for them is not something you want to see but I can't say that you aren't getting more bang for your buck.

Dankster Morgan

she don’t call me daddy she call me Grandmaster
Leo is best imo, he has a complete tool kit. Raph is very good, Mikey is very good, albeit unsafe. Donny is the worst without a doubt imo but I don’t think even he is really bad.

AkioOf100

I play Raph
What makes you think Raph is bad?
I think the fact that there’s no reason to go in on him in a lot of matchups is really bad for him. If he’s getting hype, he’s either getting punished for it or he’s using meter. And he has to get in to use it. But some opponents literally just don’t care if you get hype because they don’t have to be in on you. And the characters that out-space him are harder than the zoners because then Raphael has to make so Many reads. And sometimes it’s impossible for him to make the right read. It’s really never in his favor with the amount of option selects other characters have against his options. BUT when you do get your game going after landing a combo into a restand, their health can (in theory) melt really quickly. He’s probably super good if you’re making all the right reads and using the right options. But the thing is, he doesn’t have a lot of options that cover a lot of situations.

Marinjuana

Doing a grounded crossup Shellbomb(DB3) in the corner will give you a +2ish hard knockdown where you land on the other side of the opponent. If you delay for a frame or two after the knockdown and then jump, you'll reverse the opponents wakeup direction which can lead to you punishing it while still being able to maintain pressure off of your jump attacks if they just block. It doesn't work on every wakeup though, many will catch you, but ones such as Batman's slide or Blue Beetle's shield will be easily punished by this setup.

not been on these forums for a while but thought id check it out when i downloaded TMNT.

what happened to combo threads? is this not a thing anymore?

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Why does Black Lightning have his own entire forum yet the turtles just have one collective one lol

Marinjuana

Why does Black Lightning have his own entire forum yet the turtles just have one collective one lol
I think it's better for discussion to have TMNT all together but yea Black Lightning certainly doesn't need his own lol

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Good question.... not sure why the forums have died all of the sudden... maybe those stupid discords
Well for most characters the large majority of tech (at least useful tech) has likely been found, optimal combos are likely not going to get more optimal, and most of the matchups have likely been discussed to their most intricate details.

Notice the use of the word likely in all of those. I would love to be wrong.

That said, turtles should probably have combo threads.