What's new

TLOU2 Discussion Thread [NO LEAKS]

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Let's talk about it! It's coming in 4 days (or 3 if you don't count Friday like me lmao). I don't want to see 'leaks', some of them were already found to be false by reviewers, but let's talk about the game while we play. I'm gonna leave my own impressions and review of the game for those of you who are undecided once I finish it, without spoilers of course, and I encourage everyone to do the same as well. <3

And just to be safe, also spoiler TLOU thangs especially if it's big plot points.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Let's talk about it! It's coming in 4 days (or 3 if you don't count Friday like me lmao). I don't want to see 'leaks', some of them were already found to be false by reviewers, but let's talk about the game while we play. I'm gonna leave my own impressions and review of the game for those of you who are undecided once I finish it, without spoilers of course, and I encourage everyone to do the same as well. <3

And just to be safe, also spoiler TLOU thangs especially if it's big plot points.
Gonna check this thread out hope its decent and does the big homie Joel right!

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Who said the leaks were 'false'? I've only seen some people say you've gotta see the whole picture to have a decent perspective on the leaks (which should be obvious).

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Who said the leaks were 'false'? I've only seen some people say you've gotta see the whole picture to have a decent perspective on the leaks (which should be obvious).
I didn't say all of them were, I said one of them was. One reviewer who played the game early said that one of the big leaks that was pushed was false. Alanah Pearce, you can find her on YT. But she doesn't say which leak so no spoilers.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
It's gone from a Day 1 purchase to a Wait-and-See for me, and I say that as a massive fan of the first game. If it turns out that the leaks really were overblown, then I'll pick it up later down the line. I just need to see first how the game handles my biggest gripe with it so far.

That said, I do hope that the people who go into this completely blind and unaware of the leaks (somehow) get a good experience out of it.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
It's gone from a Day 1 purchase to a Wait-and-See for me, and I say that as a massive fan of the first game. If it turns out that the leaks really were overblown, then I'll pick it up later down the line. I just need to see first how the game handles my biggest gripe with it so far.

That said, I do hope that the people who go into this completely blind and unaware of the leaks (somehow) get a good experience out of it.
Yeah, I haven't seen leaks and now more reviewers are saying they're inaccurate so I'm confident.

If you wanna watch this one, he doesn't say which leaks cause it's spoiler-free, but he does speak of them after having played the game if you're curious.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Not gonna discuss what it was but the leaked vid I saw, fuck this game.

Double fuck Neil Cuckman for being a gigantic pussy and a self proclaimed feminist that pushed one Naughty Dog's best employees (female btw) , Amy Hennig out of Uncharted 4 basically ditching her vision for the game she deserved to make after directing the trilogy that made it possible for them to even be able to make games like UC4 and TLOU.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
From what I've watched and read, not even about anything story or spoiler related, just as it pertains to the game itself...I think this is going to be a disaster. And a painful one, because I absolutely love the first game.

They should've left it alone, but hey. Why not completely undermine the legacy of one of the best and most well-known games ever made if you can make money off of name recognition regardless of how lackluster the game actually turns out to be?

Seems to be the popular thing to do in gaming these days.

:coffee:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Not gonna discuss what it was but the leaked vid I saw, fuck this game.

Double fuck Neil Cuckman for being a gigantic pussy and a self proclaimed feminist that pushed one Naughty Dog's best employees (female btw) , Amy Hennig out of Uncharted 4 basically ditching her vision for the game she deserved to make after directing the trilogy that made it possible for them to even be able to make games like UC4 and TLOU.
Some of the leaks were found to be inaccurate though. I really don't get why people just believe them but can't believe people who would purposefully falsify leaks to piss off fans like you and me. If I was you, I'd wait until spoiler reviews are out Thursday to really make your opinion on it.

I never played the first one. Is the gameplay fun? I don’t care too much about story in games. In the reviews I have seen...it kinda just looks like an interactive movie. Like it’s cutscene heavy.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Some of the leaks were found to be inaccurate though. I really don't get why people just believe them but can't believe people who would purposefully falsify leaks to piss off fans like you and me. If I was you, I'd wait until spoiler reviews are out Thursday to really make your opinion on it.
I mean like actual game footage I saw :/

I love the first game and all 4 Uncharted games, I want to love this game too and I hope it is great. I just think Neil Cuckman is a pretentious ass and I really don't want to give him any more of my money. He is just such a hypocrite. He speaks so much on social injustices but Naughty Dog is ran like a sweat shop. He claims to be a feminist but pushes out one of the most successful women in gaming because he didn't like her ideas, despite her 3 games being amazing themselves. He obviously doesn't give a fuck about women or LGBT community and just uses them as human shields to deflect criticism on his work, like all other soy filled cucks do

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I mean like actual game footage I saw :/

I love the first game and all 4 Uncharted games, I want to love this game too and I hope it is great. I just think Neil Cuckman is a pretentious ass and I really don't want to give him any more of my money. He is just such a hypocrite. He speaks so much on social injustices but Naughty Dog is ran like a sweat shop. He claims to be a feminist but pushes out one of the most successful women in gaming because he didn't like her ideas, despite her 3 games being amazing themselves. He obviously doesn't give a fuck about women or LGBT community and just uses them as human shields to deflect criticism on his work, like all other soy filled cucks do
ughhhhhh yeah that's shitty. :'( I hope it'll be good still, as a whole.

I've taken the day off work Friday so I can play through this. Taking Thursday evening off so I can sleep from 6pm to release and play it ASAP. Super psyched for it

I've been pretty good at disregarding the spoilers (to the point of writing custom browser extensions to wash them out) but it does look like I'm in for an emotional gut punch when the game releases.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I've taken the day off work Friday so I can play through this. Taking Thursday evening off so I can sleep from 6pm to release and play it ASAP. Super psyched for it

I've been pretty good at disregarding the spoilers (to the point of writing custom browser extensions to wash them out) but it does look like I'm in for an emotional gut punch when the game releases.
It's definitely going to hurt. I'm gonna stream it anyways but it'll be really embarrassing if I start crying lmao.

I can't take my Friday off I don't think, but I will definitely try to finish earlier.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Anyone have anything to spoiler-free report?
Because I really don't want to believe it's as bad as I'm reading and seeing, but...it does not look like this is going to end well, and I am sad :(.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Anyone have anything to spoiler-free report?
Because I really don't want to believe it's as bad as I'm reading and seeing, but...it does not look like this is going to end well, and I am sad :(.
It's super fuckin pretentious and it legitimately is depressing to watch unfold. Not depressing like the first game in a "wow that's fucked up but if I'm being honest I'd be no different in a survival situation, the morality of this world is grey and intriguing." Its more of an "everyone is actually evil, these characters from the first game will do things completely out of character", jussst so Neil Cuckman can tell the story he wants to tell and elicit the reaction he wants.

DeftMonk

Noob
@Vslayer what was ur verdict of the game? Trying to stay away from spoilers and get a review from someone that wasn’t paid before I spend money on this. I really really liked the first one.