What's new

tips to deal with Red hood zoning and oki.

CountHyuga

Old man Hyuga.
Can you give me some tips on dealing with red hood? He gets a life lead and turtle and I can't get close to him. When I do he either b2 or mbb3 (cancer). And what to do to get a good punish on dives. Front dive I do either parry or mbf3. Back dive I do nothing. I am sure there are weak points I cannot see. Help.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Can you give me some tips on dealing with red hood? He gets a life lead and turtle and I can't get close to him. When I do he either b2 or mbb3 (cancer). And what to do to get a good punish on dives. Front dive I do either parry or mbf3. Back dive I do nothing. I am sure there are weak points I cannot see. Help.
When he's turtling just be patient and slowly walk him to the corner, all his projectiles are highs if he doesn't spend any meter so you won't take any chip damage.

When he knocks you down delayed wakeup is really good against most of his setups. He can just change the timing and still catch you with a HTB but that's where the mind games come into play

CountHyuga

Old man Hyuga.
I have no problem when he knocks me down and I am aware of his projectiles height. My opponent was very thorough. He threw mines and dive on me when I got too Close. I managed to lay my paws on him but he always managed to run away.

CountHyuga

Old man Hyuga.
The oki i meant in the op was me applying, not receiving. I ocould also use some tip on using Batman's tool for solving my problems. I could have counterpicked and solved my problems easily with some kryptonian, but I'd like to do it with the bat. I am thankful for any advice though.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Get him into the corner where waking up will prove difficult for him. Lethal lunge, while fast, is not invincible and the ex overhead one is safe. back roll has 62 frames of recovery where it can be -19 on block if he exs it. But you might as well duck because the shots hit high on back roll.

If he goes for mine into air shots in the neutral. MB roll away from that and you'll punish him on recovery of his air guns.

If he does mine into lunge in neutral, depending on the distance, mb b3 him on a read.

Other than his 1,1 string, any string into his trait pressure has a gap that can be backdashed. However, certain strings into trait can catch it but are susceptible to getting poked out of and certain strings can't be poked out of but still backdashed. If the RH player goes for a mine after a string, your best bet is to read it and find a way to avoid the mine and punish him for it (most situations it's a certain special or a well timed jump).

His b3, with the great range it has, is -4 on block so you can check him afterwards.

Most of his htb setups can be beaten by delay wakeup. But like tile said, he can change the timing he does it or can simple not go for it and continue with ambiguous offense instead. His zoning is simply designed for him building meter for his htbs rather than pure keep away. His up star has bad recovery along with trait shot so a dash is pretty much free. His Stars decent in that they get the job done but the real meat of his zoning is he can add the gunshot or mine at any time. Not to mention harder zoners give RH problems like Deadshot.

Last edited: