What's new

Tips on using F2D and landing tick throws?

Hey Team!

I'm an I2 noob who's been having a lot of fun with Bane as my main character and looking to incorporate some of his more advanced stuff. I recently came across a video on tick throws and was wondering:

1. Whether there are any tricks to getting a tick throw to come out on D1 or D2? I can manage a tick throw off a blocked B11 or F2D but that's about it! Could be these stubby fingers :)

2. How and when do you guys use F2D? Can you jail the F2D off a D1? I've been having some success going from D1 on hit to B23 but the F2D seems a bit fiddly and inconsistent. Is it best used as a wakeup counter?

3. I've also read some inconsistent stuff on the armour on the F2D when you activate venom. Do you get 1 hit of armour at level 1 and an extra hit every time you pop another venom tank? Is it completely invincible at level 3 venom? I seem to be getting hit out of the F2D a bit even when venom is on!

Thanks for the help Bane Bombers!

thlityoursloat

kick kick
1. Input D1/D2 BF3 really fast.
2. F2D is best used at level 3 venom because then F2 and F2D are armored, it can still be used nonarmored when you've conditioned your opponent to respect you and block since it's slow.
3. F2D is only armored when you're lvl 3 venom.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
1. Funny you say you're finding the B11 and F2D ticks easier because there's actually a way to make D1 and D2 ticks easier. Basically there's a buffer for directional buttons in the game, so if you've input DBF the last directions the game remembers you entering is DBF and you can use this to your advantage. Since D1, D2 and DBF3 all start with down, if you enter D1~BF3 or D2~BF3 it will count as D1~DBF3 or D2~DBF3 because you've already input the down in the command grab input during your D1 or D2.
2. F2D is good as a game finisher if you have plenty of bar since you can cancel F2D into a bounce cancel, which on higher levels of venom can reach HUGE damage. It can also be used as a wakeup counter sometimes.
3. F2D isn't a special so it doesn't have the same properties his special moves get from trait. F2D only gets armour on level 3 trait. It also gets projectile invincibility on level 3 trait

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll try buffering the D in the D1/D2 and see how I go! It makes sense that it would work but the video commentator was saying that you CAN'T buffer the directional inputs (before going on to say that he couldn't get the tick throw to come out consistently at all)! Just goes to show you can't believe everything you see on YouTube, eh? :)

I'll also try using the F2D in a few different situations but it's good to know when it is and isn't armoured!

Thanks again for the tips guys! Buffering D from D1/2 works beautifully into the tick throws if they block!! Go forums for the win :)

It was pretty awesome to see Biohazard using Bane at ECT (tick throws galore) but it seems you definitely need a good counterpick against some match ups. I know I'm always in for a tough time when someone picks Dr Fate or Superman...

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️
Thanks for the tips guys! I'll try buffering the D in the D1/D2 and see how I go! It makes sense that it would work but the video commentator was saying that you CAN'T buffer the directional inputs (before going on to say that he couldn't get the tick throw to come out consistently at all)! Just goes to show you can't believe everything you see on YouTube, eh? :)

I'll also try using the F2D in a few different situations but it's good to know when it is and isn't armoured!
Also worth knowing F2D on lvl 3 just smashes through other armor. If u think the opponent will use his super it's pretty neat

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hey Team!

I'm an I2 noob who's been having a lot of fun with Bane as my main character and looking to incorporate some of his more advanced stuff. I recently came across a video on tick throws and was wondering:

1. Whether there are any tricks to getting a tick throw to come out on D1 or D2? I can manage a tick throw off a blocked B11 or F2D but that's about it! Could be these stubby fingers :)

2. How and when do you guys use F2D? Can you jail the F2D off a D1? I've been having some success going from D1 on hit to B23 but the F2D seems a bit fiddly and inconsistent. Is it best used as a wakeup counter?

3. I've also read some inconsistent stuff on the armour on the F2D when you activate venom. Do you get 1 hit of armour at level 1 and an extra hit every time you pop another venom tank? Is it completely invincible at level 3 venom? I seem to be getting hit out of the F2D a bit even when venom is on!

Thanks for the help Bane Bombers!
1. Get in the habit of inputing d1b and d2b; just pretend those are special moves and that's the input for them. Do this consistently and you'll still be able to use them just like you always have, you'll just automatically input the db motion without thinking about it (since the d input is already incorporated into d1 and d2). Whenever you want to tack on the dbf motion, now all you have to do is tap f1 (or whatever the input is).

2. I'm not much of a Bane player, but from my understanding, f2d has armor when at 3 Venom, correct? Otherwise, it's just a nice long-range meaty overhead into tick grabs or blockstring pressure.

3. I think it's only at Venom level 3 that it has armor and breaks armor.

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️
1. Get in the habit of inputing d1b and d2b; just pretend those are special moves and that's the input for them. Do this consistently and you'll still be able to use them just like you always have, you'll just automatically input the db motion without thinking about it (since the d input is already incorporated into d1 and d2). Whenever you want to tack on the dbf motion, now all you have to do is tap f1 (or whatever the input is).

2. I'm not much of a Bane player, but from my understanding, f2d has armor when at 3 Venom, correct? Otherwise, it's just a nice long-range meaty overhead into tick grabs or blockstring pressure.

3. I think it's only at Venom level 3 that it has armor and breaks armor.
That's correct+on lvl 3 u can tick throw bane bomb someone out of supers as well

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I shouldn't probably make too much noise in a graveyard, but I have a question.

As per title, what are pros and cons of using two different tick throws off f2d (f2d1+3 and f2d~bomb)?
They have different speeds, reach, trait interaction and all that, but what about practical implications for us?

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I shouldn't probably make too much noise in a graveyard, but I have a question.

As per title, what are pros and cons of using two different tick throws off f2d (f2d1+3 and f2d~bomb)?
They have different speeds, reach, trait interaction and all that, but what about practical implications for us?
F2bomb all the way unless you want to catch somebody walking back.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
F2bomb all the way unless you want to catch somebody walking back.
As in, if you are afraid that f2d whiffs? Makes sense, but it's not like string-specific throw advances you a lot. At least that's how it seems to me.

Otherwise I'm inclined to agree, at the first glance.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
As in, if you are afraid that f2d whiffs? Makes sense, but it's not like string-specific throw advances you a lot. At least that's how it seems to me.

Otherwise I'm inclined to agree, at the first glance.
It doesn't, but it can bop somebody trying to whiff punish.