What's new

Tips on Handling Frustration/Tilted

layer

i'm a song from the sixties
Boy oh boy, how about that Online Ranked, ey? Sure can get frustrating sometimes when you're about to beat someone and they come back to 3-0 you and you vigeroursly mash X to get into the next match to redeem yourself only to play even worst than the last time.

On that note, I thought it'd be nice if we all share some tips on how to stay calm and regain our composure when we find ourselves into these situations. None of them will be the instant cure to success of course, but I thought it be nice if we come together to promote a more positive and healthy mindset when playing.

I'll go first! After you lose a match; don't rematch immediately. When Online Ranked, the game gives you 30 seconds to rematch, in those 30 seconds stand up and take a few deep breaths and think about what you could've done better in that last game. Same with a local, take your time to compose yourself. It's been well studied that deep breathing can help you de-escalate and calm you down. You even see top players all the time go back to character select screen or just sit there after taking a loss with their eyes close and breathing (see: Tokido). And when we're online and super tilted that's when we need to calm down the most so we can go into the next game with a clear mind and goal.

Of course I don't always do this myself because I sometimes let the frustration get ahold of me, but when I do it I feel a lot better going into the next match. Sometimes I'll win and sometimes I'll lose, but the most important part is I don't let the emotions take control of my playing.

How about y'all?

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Turn the game off. If this shit has broken you mentally then it’s time to do something else for awhile. Come back fresh later. If you are getting mad about fatalities or consecutive crouches then stop being a bitch.