What's new

Guide Tips on becoming a better player: Part 2 - Online vs Offline/Tournaments

TRVP6GXD

Noob
Post of the year award contender right here! Thanks for the riveting feedback!!
I couldnt think of any feedback to give you or anything relevant to say because all you seem to do was explain common knowledge, so its kinda like you broke down the equation of two plus two to a middle schooler. This is common knowledge people should already know. So no shade thrown at you but if anyone feels that your post was informative or that they felt they needed it...they should slap them selves. I mean, you explained it good, I guess...if youre looking for feedback.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I couldnt think of any feedback to give you or anything relevant to say because all you seem to do was explain common knowledge, so its kinda like you broke down the equation of two plus two to a middle schooler. This is common knowledge people should already know. So no shade thrown at you but if anyone feels that your post was informative or that they felt they needed it...they should slap them selves. I mean, you explained it good, I guess...if youre looking for feedback.
I really do wish it was common knowledge or everyone knew this/felt this way. But unfortunately that isn't the case. This article was made in 2011 btw, when debates about online vs offline were rampant. The subject still comes up, even as recently as today in discord. So I figured I'd bump my old article.

As far as your initial response, I was just messing around. The "ok" actually made me laugh a little, lol.

TRVP6GXD

Noob
I really do wish it was common knowledge or everyone knew this/felt this way. But unfortunately that isn't the case. This article was made in 2011 btw, when debates about online vs offline were rampant. The subject still comes up, even as recently as today in discord. So I figured I'd bump my old article.

As far as your initial response, I was just messing around. The "ok" actually made me laugh a little, lol.
Glad I at least made ya laugh, everyone deserves to at least once a day breh.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Made some slight changes to this to reflect the times. Online play/netcode, especially in MK11 or modern day fighters, are MUCH better than they used to be. And much better than they were when I wrote this article. That said, most of what I said is still true. Especially when it comes to tournaments. Even if you don’t think you will do very good, you will have a great experience going to a tournament. If you go with the intent to improve as a player and to have fun, those goals will be accomplished.

I know there’s a lot of casual players, or even competitive players, on here that never have been to a tournament and have no interest in them. So I wanted to bump this article to help convince you how important they are, and how much fun they can be. Hell, even if you don’t even compete in a single game at an event, just experiencing the atmosphere and meeting people is worth it!