What's new

Tips for learning to play on ps4 pad?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I come from the xbox 360 but I'm experienced with the ps dual shock. I dont know if its mine but my analog stick seems veey sensitive and jumps when I hold forward. It also seems inconsistent at motions and the D-pad works at times. I want to be able to use the dual shock since the ps4 has a recording feature which allows my gameplay to be critiqued. Anyone else have the same problem? Or is just something I need to adapt to?

I started on the 360 and due to the analpg placement on any dualshock controller 2 through 4 I had my struggles.

But ive noticed with Nrs Games I find its best to use the Dpad since it is 4 directional buttons and not the easy to slip cross dpad.

But it does seem like the deadzones and sensitivity of the dualshock 4 are quite oversensitive. Especially in guiltu gear xrd. You even slightly hold up while guarding. You're getting a jump.

DavS13

Noob
I come from the xbox 360 but I'm experienced with the ps dual shock. I dont know if its mine but my analog stick seems veey sensitive and jumps when I hold forward. It also seems inconsistent at motions and the D-pad works at times. I want to be able to use the dual shock since the ps4 has a recording feature which allows my gameplay to be critiqued. Anyone else have the same problem? Or is just something I need to adapt to?
For me the d pad on the ps4 seems less sensitive and I often have to consciously press down harder which I really hate. Im just hoping a good converter comes out before MKX so I can use my 360 pad on the ps4.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Dpad is definitely the way to go here. The analog stick doesn't have as much resistance as the Xbox one so it feels very weird even for myself (PS user)

There really isn't much of a jump from DS3 to DS4. They're pretty much the same controller feel wise. I can swap between them pretty easily.

Make sure you're not using alt. controls if you're using the dpad.

Also, if you are planning on using Zatanna on PS4 injustice just be aware that double jump ins don't combo into anything.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Dpad is definitely the way to go here. The analog stick doesn't have as much resistance as the Xbox one so it feels very weird even for myself (PS user)

There really isn't much of a jump from DS3 to DS4. They're pretty much the same controller feel wise. I can swap between them pretty easily.

Make sure you're not using alt. controls if you're using the dpad.

Also, if you are planning on using Zatanna on PS4 injustice just be aware that double jump ins don't combo into anything.
I noticed that o.o