What's new

Question - Spec Ops Tips for EX-Rocket - Run to sweep

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Hi there...

I have recently been toying about with Cassie. I really like Brawler as a idea but the single punch in the face is just not satisfying.. so I have been playing with Spec Ops.

Anyway, I see people on streams do the EX-Rocket, run in to combo or sweep to ensure popup or w.e...

When I do this, I always run in WAY late... as in long after the rocket has hit. I do know how to run though.

Any tips on how to time this.. when do I start the FFB to do the run... I an not seam to get the timing right.. I either get nothing after my inputs if I go to fast, or I arrive way late...

Any tips?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Hi there...

I have recently been toying about with Cassie. I really like Brawler as a idea but the single punch in the face is just not satisfying.. so I have been playing with Spec Ops.

Anyway, I see people on streams do the EX-Rocket, run in to combo or sweep to ensure popup or w.e...

When I do this, I always run in WAY late... as in long after the rocket has hit. I do know how to run though.

Any tips on how to time this.. when do I start the FFB to do the run... I an not seam to get the timing right.. I either get nothing after my inputs if I go to fast, or I arrive way late...

Any tips?
Can you buffer it? It's possible you may be able to buffer it.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
the easiest way to get better at the timing, would be to go into practice mode, do whatever combo you wish into ex rocket, then hold down. When you see cassie crouch, that is when she is coming out of the stun from calling the rocket and can run. As for specific tips, I really don't have any, as the run after rocket has always come naturally. But whenever im struggling with timing something, using a crouch after calling the special to see when I can actually input something else (run, input a normal etc) has helped me with the timing.

Jynks

that is a really good idea.. thanks... I'll try that.

Jynks

You just do it right away. End a combo in ex missile and just run right away and go into your sweep.
So as soon as I fo the input for the ex-rocket... just run... so basically do it as fast as possible?

You can buffer it, just tested
What exactly is a "buffer".. like I think I know.. it is when you do a move before you finish the button inputs for the one before it or something..

How would you buffer in this case?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So as soon as I fo the input for the ex-rocket... just run... so basically do it as fast as possible?

What exactly is a "buffer".. like I think I know.. it is when you do a move before you finish the button inputs for the one before it or something..

It's exactly what you wrote above. Input the run during the cooldown of missile. It will come out on the first frame possible.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

Yeah just do the run input after the missile input and it will come out once you are able to move again after the missile cooldown.

Jynks

thanks guys.. got it to work in training a few times. sweet!