What's new

Tips for a noob

I'm sorta new to MK and i need help with something. For Robot Smoke, is there a way to tele-port uppercut twice in-a-row? The reason I am asking this is because when I was playing 1 player mode on novice, The CPU did it twice, so I tried and did not succeed. Is there a secret, or is it that the CPU can do things that aren't possble by us humans?

Hey man, welcome to the site :)

Try reading this first if you havn't already.

http://www.ultimatemk.com/cguide.php?character=rsmoke&game=umk3arcade

ok. Yea, the CPU does many things that are impossible to do. Such as like you saw, Smoke's double teleuppercut and Kabal's spin.

ok, now read smokes guide. Once you get alot better, talk to annihilator83. He's a beast with robosmoke and can help you out, but you should learn the basics first. Add me on XBL (abc ur dead0) <--- thats a zero.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm not sure if we have a list of CPU specific cheating instances on this site specifically, but, the computer can do any special move repeatedly with no limits. Kabal can literally spin you until the match is over, Sheeva can no damage restomp you until the match is over, Sektor can TPU until you're dead. For whatever reason there are unintentional controlling factors involved with the AI that don't allow this to happen.

Shock said:
I'm not sure if we have a list of CPU specific cheating instances on this site specifically, but, the computer can do any special move repeatedly with no limits. Kabal can literally spin you until the match is over, Sheeva can no damage restomp you until the match is over, Sektor can TPU until you're dead. For whatever reason there are unintentional controlling factors involved with the AI that don't allow this to happen.
The CPU can also throw you no matter if your holding back or not. That makes since Shock.

N1nja you should also play freeisgood's robot smoke it's a mOnSter.
On XBLA offcourse.

Indeed Shock knows alot about MK, "UMK3 is life"

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Also about the throwing, they can throw you if you press LP at any time while they are close enough and on the ground. For instance if you go to throw Kabal out of the spin, he will completely stop the spin and throw you, or another example, would be when they are sweeping, if you try to throw them out of a sweep it will just stop, and they will throw you. It's basically you pressing LP activating their throw.

l3oxel2 said:
N1nja you should also play freeisgood's robot smoke it's a mOnSter.
On XBLA offcourse.

Indeed Shock knows alot about MK, "UMK3 is life"
Thankyou lubu La, but I used to be better on wavenet or in person. Now I'm old and slow. I required trickery and forces people into mistakes or I anticipate people moves. Although I rarely use R Smoke, I'll still bring him out when I need to. My workhorse is Usub. I'll bring other chars out too when I get bored.

GGs l3oxel2... your h smoke is tough but your scorp is tougher. For some reasons, I've been losing to Scorp/scorp-like character. Can't figure him out. I need pick up with my aggressiveness attacks.

-free