What's new

Question - Displacer Tips for 3rd F12B2 in Displacer's BnB midscreen combo

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
Are there any tips to land the 3rd F12B2 consistently in Displacer midscreen combo: F12B2 F12B2 F12B2 Flying Thunder God? I'm practicing it in the lab and I got the timing down but the more I execute it the more I realize how inconsistent of it. Also I need other Midscreen meterless combo that you guys rely on during online matches

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
Keep in mind..it's even harder on women...
Go for f12b2 11 f12b2 bf3. Or do his easy high dmg f12b2 x2 ex df2 f12b2 bf3.
Cheers

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
Cheers
It's strange, I find it harder to do F12B2 11 F12B2 because after 11 the opponent is pretty far from the range that F12 can reach so I often miss that. What you do is F12B2 run 11 run F12B2 or F12B2~11 run F12B2? Run after the 1st F12B2 then 11 or no run?

kaseyk

Noob
i agree with the others f12bw-11-f12b2 is super consistent and only 1 or 2 % less even the best drop triple in the moment enough to cost the matches .

learning the triple only makes everything easier so i def recommend atleast learning it to semi consistent .

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
Thanks all you guys for the F12B2 11 F12B2 suggestion, the timing for the run cancel after 11 is a little bit different from the triple F12B2 but I got the timing down and it's also more consistent to execute too, I'm very appreciate for all the helps, I got more motivation to practice the God of Thunder ^^

CaptainCM

Certified trash
Cheers
Weird, I found it to be much easier on females.

@HoangS-Z
Are you buffering the run during f12b2 animation? If so, don't - you need that slight dash before the run to connect the f12b2 x3.

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
YA I FIND THAT MOST PEOPLE WHO CANT HIT IT, SAY IT IS EASIER TO HIT ON FEMALES.
oh..i remember something was wrong about it..maybe big characters?? Anyway it sucks that is that hard and the difficulty changes on different opponents.

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
oh..i remember something was wrong about it..maybe big characters?? Anyway it sucks that is that hard and the difficulty changes on different opponents.
You are right, I find the different timing when doing the midscreen combo on ''normal'' characters and the big characters such as Goro and Ferra/Torr, At the midscreen I get used to the smaller characters now but I often drop the combo while doing it on the big characters, I still have to practice more

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
Weird, I found it to be much easier on females.

@HoangS-Z
Are you buffering the run during f12b2 animation? If so, don't - you need that slight dash before the run to connect the f12b2 x3.
After a few days practicing I manage to do it now, It's not to hard to do when I got the timing for the Vicinity Blast cancel down ^^

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
The remain problem I have right now is in the real fights, I saw a lot of players using Displacer Raiden in the Kombat Cup recently, when they have their opponents in the corner and they do the Low Corner Combo: B34 Vicinity Blast cancel ~ F12B2 ~ F12B2 Thunder Fly. If their opponents did the right read and block Low, they immediately cancel the Vicinity Blast to Electrocute DF2 after B34 in order not to be punished by the Vicinity Blast because DB2 will whiff when it doesn't hit the blocking opponent, I just wonder how do they react immediately like that? O.O

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
The remain problem I have right now is in the real fights, I saw a lot of players using Displacer Raiden in the Kombat Cup recently, when they have their opponents in the corner and they do the Low Corner Combo: B34 Vicinity Blast cancel ~ F12B2 ~ F12B2 Thunder Fly. If their opponents did the right read and block Low, they immediately cancel the Vicinity Blast to Electrocute DF2 after B34 in order not to be punished by the Vicinity Blast because DB2 will whiff when it doesn't hit the blocking opponent, I just wonder how do they react immediately like that? O.O
B34 IS VERY EASY TO HIT CONFIRM.