What's new

Tips anyone?

Komatose

The Prettiest
There is info and a whole lot of guides located around the forum. Not to be rude, but you should try to look for stuff. It isn't hard and easy to find. And welcome to TYM? Lol.

There is info and a whole lot of guides located around the forum. Not to be rude, but you should try to look for stuff. It isn't hard and easy to find. And welcome to TYM? Lol.
Written guides aren't very effective at teaching when one does not know much more than what each button does. I do not even know which attacks are counted as high, low, and medium.

Additionally, guides usually contain acronyms such as (letter)(number). I presume the letter indicatea which direction one should use but I do not know if 1 is x,circle,triangle, square and so on for 2,3, and 4

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Now you posted this thread in the "MK General Discussion" forum, but something tells me you aren't talking about MK lol.

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
1= Square
2=Triangle
3=X
4= Circle

U= up
B=back
F=forward
D= down

So db4 is down back circle.
Here are my steps to get to a decent level fairly fast
In between each step is practice mode, memorize the characters combo strings and special moves is essential. Check out the character specific guides, don't be afraid to ask questions.
Step 1= Tutorial
Step 2= Arcade Ladder on Normal with every character
Step 3= Choose your favorite 1 or 2 characters
Step 4= beat arcade ladder on expert with both characters

Here are some basic tips
Down and 1, and down and 3 are generally your characters fastest moves. When some one is rushing you down use these to help get them off of you.

You can cancel your dash with block. This is very useful for getting around quickly and safely. Dash, and while you are in the middle of the animation hit block. You can repeat this very quickly, and you will learn to cancel thw dash at different distances for different situations.

You can link special moves off of normals and combo strings. What this means is with a character like Cyrax you can hit 12bb3 and you will do two punches followed by his net special move. The general idea is 2 hits linked into a special move, although certain strings and moves can not do this the majority can.

If you have any specific questions. You can think of just ask em here.