What's new

Timeline doppelgangers...

Kishido

Noob
So timeline are mixed but don't you think that is strange that we only have seen the main heroes with their alternate timeline selfs so far?

What about the villians like D'Vorah or Noob?

Will these have counterparts as well?

Further more what about NPCs? Will we see them in story mode or not? Like Smoke and his revenant counterpart?

Do not know if this was a smart decision

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
They might be simply trying to save lots of the juicy details for the games eventual l̶e̶a̶k̶ launch.

I am curious about a lot of the characters though. Like, D'vorah seemed in a good place at the end of MKX, yet her old self seems to have been called back. Maybe Shinnok getting wrecked really ruined her plans. Also, Baraka HAS to be the old one since he died in X. Shao Kahn and Skarlet are also from the old timeline. A lot of the bad guys coming back are dead, so there won't be much past and present interaction between them. Kollector, Erron, D'vorah, and Kano might get some though.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
Old timeline Kitana seems to be all about Edenia protection

Johnny seems his MK9 douchebag

Jacqui is confused as hell seeing her father not knowing who she is and about to beat her dad (WHOS JAX BTW)

ok that led me up to a question

if old Johnny's scratch on the face makes old Johnny hurt too what about Jax beating himself?

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Maybe semantics, but they arent dopplegangers, they are literally them. They are the same persons.

Also, like has been said, weve seen past an present Kano, Sonya, Johnn, Liu, Lao, Kitana, Raiden, Scorpion, Kabal, Jade, Jax, and others Im probably forgetting. Thats almost half. Surely there will be more, but some are dead in the current timeline. Baraka and Shao being an example. Some we havent seen in the past, Kotal, Erron, Dvorah. Some are new and also from the past like Skarlet and Kollector, some are New and seemingly outside of the timelines, Geras and Cetrion.

I cant see what more you want before the game is out, or what more you could want at all.. Everyone will have skins, what is your real point?

Mods clean dis mess up

Kishido

Noob
Again and what about the NPCs?

It would be really strange if we wouldn't see any of them in this at least in story

JINNOCIDE

It would be really strange if we wouldn't see any of them in this at least in story
I want this game to have LOTS OF cameos, but I'm afraid this won't be the case due to last NPC problem in MKX.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I want this game to have LOTS OF cameos, but I'm afraid this won't be the case due to last NPC problem in MKX.
Actually, I think they confirmed cameos. It's just that there won't be NPC fights. That was the problem and why Rain, Baraka, Sindel fans were mad.

And if I remember correctly, Kronika seems to be picking who's coming from another timeline and who's not. So there's that. If your favorite isn't coming back, complain to Kronika.

JINNOCIDE

Actually, I think they confirmed cameos. It's just that there won't be NPC fights. That was the problem and why Rain, Baraka, Sindel fans were mad.

And if I remember correctly, Kronika seems to be picking who's coming from another timeline and who's not. So there's that. If your favorite isn't coming back, complain to Kronika.
She might bring my past self to kill me out of boredom

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
The dumbest thing is that Present Liu Kang and Kung Lao didn’t have to fight their younger self if the theory of “if past character dies so does the present one” really works.

JINNOCIDE

The dumbest thing is that Present Liu Kang and Kung Lao didn’t have to fight their younger self if the theory of “if past character dies so does the present one” really works.
But they're already dead.
If they defeated their younger versions I don't think anything would've happen to them. Maybe cease to exist? Dunno.

The younger killing the older doesn't have any effect I think

DragonofDadashov24

But they're already dead.
If they defeated their younger versions I don't think anything would've happen to them. Maybe cease to exist? Dunno.

The younger killing the older doesn't have any effect I think
Yeah, they’ll just vanish. In the trailer we saw young Cage get a scratch on his cheek which turned into a scar for the old Cage.
There are also rumors about young Kano

JINNOCIDE

Then I think the plot holes will be bigger

If a past and present version fight their damage will pass to each other, right?

I know this will be ignored like Fatal Blows in terms of fight tho

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO

They won't show npcs in the trailers, otherwise people might think they are playable. They shpwed npcs in the mkx trailers and everyone was pissed when they ended up being unplayable.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
And why didn't Shinnok use his amulet to change the past like Raiden did in MK9?

Weird.
I don't think Shinnok's amulet ever had that kind of power?

What Raiden did is not entirely explained either. I don't think it was just his amulet, something else had to be involved (Elder Gods?). Besides, is not uncommon for Raiden to have Deus Ex Machina powers lmao remember his self-destruction with nuclear potential in MK Deception, or how he renounced his Elder God status and went back to fighting just like that... and that whole message to his past self! I just roll with all this.

DragonofDadashov24

I don't think Shinnok's amulet ever had that kind of power?

What Raiden did is not entirely explained either. I don't think it was just his amulet, something else had to be involved (Elder Gods?). Besides, is not uncommon for Raiden to have Deus Ex Machina powers lmao remember his self-destruction with nuclear potential in MK Deception, or how he renounced his Elder God status and went back to fighting just like that... and that whole message to his past self! I just roll with all this.
Forget about logic. I’ve been shitting on MKplot since Deadly Alliance, each game beats it’s predecessor in stupidity of the plot

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I don't get why any so called MK fan would shit on the plot when it's easily the best in FG by like lightyears. I mean nothing is perfect, just look at SW lol...nuff said.

And why didn't Shinnok use his amulet to change the past like Raiden did in MK9?

Weird.
Maybe his amulet don't allow it or work that way like Raiden's does. It could work differently like for example, Raiden's hasn't ever shown to erase people insantly while Shinnok's has. However, Raiden's has the power to change time with his own powers and allows him to see the future to a point. They could just work very differently.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending

She's actually bringing back people who want to fix the timeline to what it was. There would be no point bringing back specific characters like kenshi because it would erase Takeda from existence(for example).

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
She's actually bringing back people who want to fix the timeline to what it was. There would be no point bringing back specific characters like kenshi because it would erase Takeda from existence(for example).
Yeah to kronika things like that are probably considered trivial to her.