What's new

Breakthrough - Cyrax Time to get excited! Midscreen set-up!

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Video explains all.

Those who don't want explanation the combo is at the very start.

This is the most dominant tech I've found for Cyrax.

Reverses Inputs on wake-up
Punish Armor and alot of safe armor
Punish invincible frames
Punish backdash
Punish techroll
Punish techroll backdash
Jails into B3
Armor/backdash needed to avoid B1
Easily tailored to match-ups with difficult tell

Best Cyrax tech I've found.

edit: doing close ground bomb or mid ground bomb has similar oki but mid bomb is mostly a read

Last edited:

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
What happens if special forces wakes up with low kami? I guess it would just be trade, but could cyrax convert? Obviously its not armoured either so it may just be stuffed on the startup anyway.
Im just thinking here, i cant test it right now

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Any tips for the damn njp, bomb, f131? I'm bad. :<
Alot of practice haha.

Luckily you don't need to that combo. You can do

far bomb - f43 - Far bomb -f131 close hover - run under d2 - close ground - teleport.

Or even something as simple as :

Far bomb - f43 - far bomb - f43 - far bomb - quick run d2 - close ground - teleport.

Different combos with varying gravity will have different hit advantages. So make sure to practice the timings for your set-up. The most important aspect is that the close ground bomb oki's them and the teleport behind bugs out there tech roll.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
What happens if special forces wakes up with low kami? I guess it would just be trade, but could cyrax convert? Obviously its not armoured either so it may just be stuffed on the startup anyway.
I've got so much disgusting stuff and if you don't tech roll wakeup i can be invincible myself with teleport.

I will check Sonya for you and alot more videos are to come there is some insane stuff.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Drone disappears as sonya wakes up. This is when starting the combo as soon as she summons drone. So chances are it won't be available at all.

flying kick is unsafe on block and easily armor broken with the same set-up.

Leg grab is where it gets interesting. If you do fast close bomb and teleport same side and the opponent tech roll leg grabs they get launched for full combo. fast mid bomb teleport behind launches as well with techroll. With no tech roll you just delay bomb timings to get the oki after armor, sometimes cyrax is knocked down but he can techroll grab or possibly even just convert with ex saw or 21 juggle.

From the same set-up I can do close ground bomb mid ground bomb and F3. This low profiles her leg grab and trades damage in Cyraxs favour and keeps him safe. If Cyrax does close ground bomb then just F3, if sonya tech rolls and legs grabs she gets launched for full punish

If you reverse the bombs and do mid bomb then close bomb. F3 launches every time when sonya uses no tech roll leg grab wake-up; full punish every time. F3 here for cyrax is a risk as he is punishable.

Leg grab is -22 anyway so if cyrax just bombs and blocks its full punish. It just becomes even harder for sonya players to make the right read when cyrax can go straight into f3 for pressure and they still can't armor out with either option. She either gets low profiled (leg grab) or armor breaks.

If cyrax normal doubles bombs and F3 the opponent can block but the cyrax is plus for a follow-up from the remaining mid bomb so can continue pressure.

Wake 'n' bake

For tech roll wake 'n' bake cyrax can do fast mid bomb teleport in front for full punish. He can also do mid bomb far bomb F3 which launches for a full combo.

For just wake 'n' bake do slight delayed close bomb teleport same side. Or just do delayed close bomb then mid/far and just block if she wake-ups with it shes launched if she doesn't you can use the mid/far bomb for pressure. This is her best wake-up and is still punishable.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Dude, i love your videos! I copied a lot of things from you! I would love to play against you sometime. My PSN is Roko1985

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
We need Cyber Sub tech :( if only he had ex iceball absorbing projectiles to improve his counter zoning.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
We need Cyber Sub tech :( if only he had ex iceball absorbing projectiles to improve his counter zoning.
There could be something but the nerf that i can't set a bomb up without HKD really limits his options.

His midscreen oki has more wholes than swisse cheese

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Good shit man. Can you check the setup against characters with fast advancing wakeups like subzero slide or arial wakeups like kitana's rising fans?

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Good shit man. Can you check the setup against characters with fast advancing wakeups like subzero slide or arial wakeups like kitana's rising fans?
Doing fast close teleport is safe against wake-up slide and tech-roll slide if your fast enough (can block tanyas ex tp with tech roll)

Not much point in trying to launch as its not safe armor so full combo punish if they try it.

Wake-ups that put the character airborne are different and you need to tailor it to that character. Kungjin just gets destroyed by the set-up he cannot wake-up at all without being launched. Whereas kitana (especially squarewave) is very hard to punish. Kano can't wake-up because armor break so you just do the set-up and go for pressure, if he tech roll armors he is full combo punishable as the tech roll moves him out your hurtbox.

There is also F3 tech which low profiles wake-ups like these. You can double bomb F3 against alot of characters and launched for free a lot of wake-ups and the charge wake-ups like shinnok/predator. Video coming soon. There is also an ex bomb version of the set-up.

My graphics card blew up a few hours ago so can't make anything now :(

Last edited:

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Drone disappears as sonya wakes up. This is when starting the combo as soon as she summons drone. So chances are it won't be available at all.

flying kick is unsafe on block and easily armor broken with the same set-up.

Leg grab is where it gets interesting. If you do fast close bomb and teleport same side and the opponent tech roll leg grabs they get launched for full combo. fast mid bomb teleport behind launches as well with techroll. With no tech roll you just delay bomb timings to get the oki after armor, sometimes cyrax is knocked down but he can techroll grab or possibly even just convert with ex saw or 21 juggle.

From the same set-up I can do close ground bomb mid ground bomb and F3. This low profiles her leg grab and trades damage in Cyraxs favour and keeps him safe. If Cyrax does close ground bomb then just F3, if sonya tech rolls and legs grabs she gets launched for full punish

If you reverse the bombs and do mid bomb then close bomb. F3 launches every time when sonya uses no tech roll leg grab wake-up; full punish every time. F3 here for cyrax is a risk as he is punishable.

Leg grab is -22 anyway so if cyrax just bombs and blocks its full punish. It just becomes even harder for sonya players to make the right read when cyrax can go straight into f3 for pressure and they still can't armor out with either option. She either gets low profiled (leg grab) or armor breaks.

If cyrax normal doubles bombs and F3 the opponent can block but the cyrax is plus for a follow-up from the remaining mid bomb so can continue pressure.

Wake 'n' bake

For tech roll wake 'n' bake cyrax can do fast mid bomb teleport in front for full punish. He can also do mid bomb far bomb F3 which launches for a full combo.

For just wake 'n' bake do slight delayed close bomb teleport same side. Or just do delayed close bomb then mid/far and just block if she wake-ups with it shes launched if she doesn't you can use the mid/far bomb for pressure. This is her best wake-up and is still punishable.
Ergh, damn cyrax combos taking half an hour getting rid of drone lol

So to conclude theres sweet fuck all sonya can do for this setup lol

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Ergh, damn cyrax combos taking half an hour getting rid of drone lol

So to conclude theres sweet fuck all sonya can do for this setup lol
Nobody if safe from this set-up. The opponent has to make a read based on cyraxs bomb placements and timings and which side he teleports on.

Best thing you can do is delayed wake-up and just block the the 50/50, if cyrax uses overhead after the bomb explosion you can armor out then. You can't always delayed wake-up though as he can set-up double bombs by just shooting mid bomb instead of teleport.

All this with input reversal on