What's new

Tech Time For The Grand Finale! - Arrow BnB Combo Thread / Swag Combos / Reset Combos (1.06)

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
New Green Arrow Combo Thread for Patch 1.06 and beyond. This is for optimal BnBs that should cover all situations you find yourself and your trusty Bow in.

Please feel free to post viable BnB combos to be added. Optimal damage is key. The old thread linked at the bottom has 900 Arrow Combos if you are just wanting new stuff to try.

F = Forward
B = Back
L = Left
R = Right

1 = Light
2 = Medium
3 = Hard
4 = Trait

:ex/MB = Meter Burn version of a move
~ = Special Cancel
> = Dash
, = do not dash. Hold still and time strings properly.

BnB Combos:
MidScreen
place holder
place holder
place holder
place holder

Corner
place holder
place holder
place holder
place holder

SUPER
place holder
place holder
place holder

For assloads of other combos you will probably never do, but the thread is so clean and nice, and there is lots of good stuff there check out:Old Combo Thread http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/archerys-a-hobby-green-arrow-living-combo-thread.32136/

LEGEND

YES!
Useless corner Swag combo:

F3, 3-Up Haven, D2-MB Up Haven, 33-MB Stinger = 38%
-

Actual Corner Combo:

F3, 3-Up Haven, 111-Sky Alert, 111-load arrow = 40%

F3 will mostly come off of a ice arrow so the damage will be lower, but F3's are still good to use after a stand arrow on hit and MB F3 to beat wake-ups
-

Mid screen BG bounce:

D1-ice arrow, B3, Dash up 3-sky alert, B2 bgb, Ji2, 111-load arrow = 32%

and for when you are doing the regular Ji3, Ji2 ice arrow combo and are ending near a BG bounce, end with 1-Bgb, ji2, 111-load arrow instead of just 111-load arrow for 31%

Edit: there is kind of a dead zone if you start a combo in the middle of bg bounce area. . .best i can get is B3, Ji3, dash under 1-bgb, Ji2, 111-load arrow for 29%

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Useless corner Swag combo:

F3, 3-Up Haven, D2-MB Up Haven, 33-MB Stinger = 38%
-

Actual Corner Combo:

F3, 3-Up Haven, 111-Sky Alert, 111-load arrow = 40%

F3 will mostly come off of a ice arrow so the damage will be lower, but F3's are still good to use after a stand arrow on hit and MB F3 to beat wake-ups
-

Mid screen BG bounce:

D1-ice arrow, B3, Dash up 3-sky alert, B2 bgb, Ji2, 111-load arrow = 32%

and for when you are doing the regular Ji3, Ji2 ice arrow combo and are ending near a BG bounce, end with 1-Bgb, ji2, 111-load arrow instead of just 111-load arrow for 31%

Edit: there is kind of a dead zone if you start a combo in the middle of bg bounce area. . .best i can get is B3, Ji3, dash under 1-bgb, Ji2, 111-load arrow for 29%

Awesome I will add these in tonight and add the Swag combo area. Timing for the B3's off bg Bounces seems tighter now too, thanks for these my friend!

This will look like a real combo thread by the end of this weekend I promise! lol.

LEGEND

YES!
Awesome I will add these in tonight and add the Swag combo area. Timing for the B3's off bg Bounces seems tighter now too, thanks for these my friend!
i've always had problems with B3's off of bg bounces with Arrow. Only very specific points in their area could even link with them from my experience and they seemed like 1-2 frame windows

though the Doomsday bg bounce in Fortress is more consistent for some reason. Might be worth looking into

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
i've always had problems with B3's off of bg bounces with Arrow. Only very specific points in their area could even link with them from my experience and they seemed like 1-2 frame windows

though the Doomsday bg bounce in Fortress is more consistent for some reason. Might be worth looking into

for sure, I know what you mean about that wierd area, like where it pops the dude straight up?? Sometimes I go for B3 and the dude lands on the opposite side right beside me, lol. So I started just J3'ing. Gonna optomize and look for good damage this weekend, I'm actually pumped, it's making me enjoy my time with the game again.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
53% combo, requires 2 bars in the left corner on metropolis street.

B2 xx QCF 2, 111 xx QCB1, 11 xx Ice Arrow, 111 MB cancel B3, jump back 3, machine gun, 11 xx load arrow.

46% 2 bars, same corner. This is off the overhead of f2d13, if you land the whole string it does like 49%.

F2d13, 111 xx QCB1, 11 xx Ice Arrow, 111 xx MB B3, jump back 3, 11 xx load.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
nice combos, GA players should use the MBC's more in combos now since they do more damage and he doesn't need meter anyway.
Yeah 111 canceled into MB does great damage. Best bet is using for a punish or after a freeze.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Just wondering when will this post be updated?
Should be this weekend, I need a few hours to be infront of the game and the computer at the same time. I'll make sure this weekend.

The old Combo thread is linked at the bottom of the OP, but it can be alot to sift through.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
Is it known that you can swap sides in your typical BnB combo? After the J3 you can dash under them and then 2,2,3 into arrow load or whatever. Useful if you're against the corner when your combo starts.

I used to dash forward after B3 and 3,3, which knocks them to the opposite side, but it messes up on some characters.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Here'a a list of most damaging starters off an ice arrow in the corner for each character.

Flash: 111
NW: both stances B2
Batman: 111
Lobo: 111
Joker: 111
Harley: B2
Grundy: 111
Cyborg: 111
Arrow: 111
Superman: B2
MMH: 111
Zod: 111
Lex: 111
Catwoman: F2D13
Deathstroke: 111
Raven: F2D13
Aquaman: 111
WW: both stances 111
Zatanna: F2D13
Scorpion: 111
Ares: 111
KF: F2D13
Doomsday: 111
Hawkgirl: F2D13
Shazam: B2
GL: B2
Batgirl: B2
Sinestro: 111
Black Adam: B2
Bane: 111

Fromundaman

I write too much.
So I came in here to try and help a friend get into the game and learn his character and found a super useful OP. Now I know that all he needs is a placeholder combo!

D

Deleted member 28105

Ive been experimenting with a super reset off a back 3. My logic behind this, is that as soon as i touch my opponent whilst in a match with the 111 string, they automatically feel inclined to clash. So, this reset not only does much more damage than an standard 111 string reset, but it also tricks your opponent into believing that you are performing a Bnb, therefore, they will save their clash (hopefully).

(this works in almost any situation that would normally call on a back 3 combo such as after a freeze)

The input is really simple, it is back 3, dash F, down back 1, down back 1 (double sky alert), 223, super

Or: back 3, dash F, standing 3, down back 1 (backwards sky alert), 223 super

Your opponent lands on top of the arrow, and upon the very beginning of the of the getup animation, will be knocked into the reset by the super. It is an almost perfect reset that i have been using on a regular basis for quite some time now, it works great and will lead to 60-70% damage every time it hits.

Note: If your opponent is too high in the air during the 223, the super will miss, as he will still be in knockdown. Occasionally, you are required to delay 223 in order to land this reset.

Last edited by a moderator:

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
Ive been experimenting with a super reset off a back 3. My logic behind this, is that as soon as i touch my opponent whilst in a match with the 111 string, they automatically feel inclined to clash. So, this reset not only does much more damage than an standard 111 string reset, but it also tricks your opponent into believing that you are performing a Bnb, therefore, they will save their clash (hopefully).

(this works in almost any situation that would normally call on a back 3 combo such as after a freeze)

The input is really simple, it is back 3, dash F, down back 1, down back 1 (double sky alert), 223, super

Your opponent lands on top of the arrow, and upon the very beginning of the of the getup animation, will be knocked into the reset by the super. It is an almost perfect reset that i have been using on a regular basis for quite some time now, it works great and will lead to 60-70% damage every time it hits.

Note: If your opponent is too high in the air during the 223, the super will miss, as he will still be in knockdown. Occasionally, you are required to delay 223 in order to land this reset.

2nd Note: This reset can be escaped using the following moves

-Batgirl's Smokebomb
-Scorpion's Teleport Punch

DO NOT use this reset on those two characters
But if the opponent sees the super's animation, he'll just do a wake up. Or does it hit them late? in that situation they can back dash.

D

Deleted member 28105

But if the opponent sees the super's animation, he'll just do a wake up. Or does it hit them late? in that situation they can back dash.
Just based off of experience, using this reset, I can say that the only wakeup attacks that can consistently escape it are: batgirl's smokebomb, martian manhunter's teleport and scorpion's teleport punch. Stationary wakeups are fairly useless. Ive witnessed around 3 other characters get out of it one time using their dash/charge wakeup, but the timing is very tight.

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
Hey guys. Going to start to play with The Hood to a honor a friend that due to financial issues he had to sell his xbox + the games. So I was messing with some stuff with him today, watched some vids and came up with something I haven't seen around, so far that is.

I don't his best hit confirms, yet, but I started with his 111:

- 111 xx MB b3 dash d2 xx up arrow j2/j3 223 - this alone is 40% with j2 and 41% with j3. Now, regarding enders I'm still trying to establish what options do you have. You can load an Ice Arrow after the 223, if you have an Ice Arrow loaded you can end with 22 xx Ice Arrow then 1st go for the j2/j3 reset or 2nd dash and 33 Hurricane Bow. I think this is a great combo, it's not hard or character specific, tested on Catwoman and Superman, it's great damage and consistent. You just need to get the hang of it.

Going to test some more with this. The d2 xx Up Arrow after a b3 is great, you have SO MUCH TIME to plan what you want to do, because they«ll get launched really high.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
Hey guys. Going to start to play with The Hood to a honor a friend that due to financial issues he had to sell his xbox + the games.
This is awesome !

- 111 xx MB b3 dash d2 xx up arrow j2/j3 223 - this alone is 40% with j2 and 41% with j3.
1,1,1, MB B3, J3, J2, 2,2,3 is 45%. EDIT: End with 1,1,1 Stinger is 48%

You should already know what you're going to do before the combo though. Deciding what you're going to do in the middle of a combo is a big risk, which may lead to dropping the combo altogether.

You have a couple options; Load Ice Arrow then try to freeze again. Use 1,1,1 ender then load Fire/Electric and zone against certain characters. Or go for damage just in general or to end a round.

The MB B3 is interesting. Most Arrow player's playstyle (me included) is to build full meter for last health bar and use Super. I need to mess around with different playstyles, I've been neglecting Arrow for Zat, Zod WoWo.

Good stuff though. :)

Last edited:

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
Ahhh damn! That d2 xx up Arrow got me delighted ehehe but yeah those options are faaaaaaaar better.

Humm... I see! You have a good point there, you can get confused with what to end the combo with. Goin to practice those you've posted here.

Yeah I think burning 2 meters on a MB B3 is worth it with him, however he has great super setups. I think it comes down to the situation and how you like to play with him.

He's really fun to be honest, never explored him hehe Thanks for the hints!

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
T4T|Nevan - The D2, Arrow combo was found a while ago anyway. But I like that you're posting stuff.

I agree, it depends on the situation and your opponent. If you're zoning the whole match then you won't get chance to do any MB B3 combos, which is where Super setups will come into play.

Earlier I was messing with your combo, ending in Ice Arrow, then doing J2, 1,1,1, 4 (Normal Arrow). Then using the advantage off that to continue pressure. Didn't get chance to do much with it though, I'll test it another time.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
Goin to give a read through the several topics on GA to learn as much as I can :)
Let me know if you find anything interesting ! Message me or something and we can help each other. :)

Got back into Injustice about a month ago, so I'm re-learning a lot of stuff. I plan on leveling up my Arrow again.