What's new

tick throw concepts w/ Ivy

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ivy's Command grab a high? What's to keep them from just blocking low and avoiding any kind of tick with it?

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ivy's Command grab a high? What's to keep them from just blocking low and avoiding any kind of tick with it?
Yeah that’s right, this could technically work if you conditioned your opponent blocking high but ivy has no overhead to really do that beside f3 which is kinda reactable and people usually block low against her.
I don‘t think it‘s completely useless tho because her 121 string is so Long you can see if they‘re blocking it high or low as long as they don‘t crouch block suddenly during the string. I‘ll try this the next time and see if it‘s worth going for here and there.

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215
“I’m fully aware that ivys grab is a high and can be ducked, but that all depends on how the opponent is blocking in the sequence. That’s why 213 is the stronger option because it ends in an overhead, forcing opponent to block high which sets up the grab. Opponent can also nj and d1 after 213 if they know you’ll go for the grab. If you feel they’ll challenge, special cancel 213 into df2 mb and it will still launch for a combo (corner only) due to the perfect timing of nightshades projectile.”

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might