What's new

Strategy - Raiden Thunder ''God'' is out.. All hail Displacer!!

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
You complain about "slow" mid that is positive on block, which can't be backdashed if you go 50/50 after it hits (on hit) and which can lead to 2 strings which are block string and safe (and weird block stun so it doesn't feel like negative). This thing isn't slow when you have to use it. You don't use it to whiff punish or to steal turn, you use it when you are at frame advantages (and not +2 plz...).
About something slow, why no one is talking about Raiden's lightning ball ? It's now worse than Goro's, even Jason's is better
If this was directed at me then you misunderstood, I'm not complaining about it. It's not the best mid but I'll take it so that Teleport isn't changed. If this is directed at Darth-Nero then you should know he has a valid reason for complaining about Raiden's mids outside of Displacer. That last part is key here. Displacer is very good because the teleport covers Raiden's weakness, a good mid. Displacer has the ability to maneuver around the screen unlike the majority of the cast and leave him at a beneficial range for F2 or F4. However, outside of Displacer, Raiden does struggle in the neutral because he doesn't have a good, far-reaching, mid. Going against characters like Ninjutsu is a problem because it is hard to contest your turn in Scorpions negative frames without a faster mid. I don't think anyone is trying to use it to steal a turn or whiff punish either, we have F1 or B1 for whiff punishers/checks. Raiden's lightning ball is meant to be slow because he is not a zoner. His game plan is to stay patient, get a punish with F1, push them to a corner, and vortex/mix them to death. This can be difficult to do when you can't contest neutral..... So yeah, there is no reason to blow people up about a pretty slow mid
that still has hitbox issues

xSamuel

My only point @Darth-Nero is that Displacer is Raiden's best variation now and if we were to buff F2 then I'm sure NRS would take something from EX Teleport. Raiden will probably be the best he can be right now with the current Displacer. Sad to say but TG might have to take an L for Displacer

xSamuel

He's very good. I've been placing him 5-10 in my head. Like Reo said, he's a character who breaks the current meta. He gets around zoning, has safe and legitimate 50/50s, jailing pressure, and an armored launching wake up for a bar.

Icefyre

Shadows
He doesn't have an armored launching wake up, unless you're considering vicinity blast against an opponent trying to jump in.

Shocker doesn't have armor anymore.

Tweedy

Noob
I thought Raiden got a buff to his D3 to help out his sweep range footsies?

Why would he have a dominant mid along with that, and his F1?

Loons

xSamuel

I thought Raiden got a buff to his D3 to help out his sweep range footsies?

Why would he have a dominant mid along with that, and his F1?

Loons
They made it -4 instead of -9. Is that what you're talking about