What's new

Three things MK11 Online Needs

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
1. WiFi Filter
Simply put, being able to disallow Wifi connections from being matched with you would very much be mandatory at this point.
Shouldn't be automatic and if someone doesn't mind the connection quality they could turn it on, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say, let WiFi users match among themselves.

2. Latency Benchmark
Ping showing up is well and good but we need to see the range.
If a connection is inconsistent, that should be noted.

3. Automatic Drop on Latency Shift
If someone's connection keeps cutting out, whether it is deliberate or there is a storm, the match should end without either side getting a score.
This would prevent not only horribly laggy matches but the use of lagswitching would also be pretty much made impossible like this.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I want my points though. If your power goes out you deserve that L. I would accept the L if my power went out if it meant cable pullers got a rightful kick in the nards. That’s the only thing I hate about KL.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
1. WiFi Filter
Simply put, being able to disallow Wifi connections from being matched with you would very much be mandatory at this point.
Shouldn't be automatic and if someone doesn't mind the connection quality they could turn it on, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say, let WiFi users match among themselves.

2. Latency Benchmark

If someone's connection keeps cutting out, whether it is deliberate or there is a storm, the match should end without either side getting a score.
This would prevent not only horribly laggy matches but the use of lagswitching would also be pretty much made impossible like this.
perfectly pointed out, dude ! I agree 100% with everything you suggest here ..... NRS has the resources and technical knowledge to implement all these improvements/enhancements ASAP ! ;)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I want my points though. If your power goes out you deserve that L. I would accept the L if my power went out if it meant cable pullers got a rightful kick in the nards. That’s the only thing I hate about KL.
I think that'd be fair.

1. WiFi Filter

2. Latency Benchmark

How bout not losing hundreds of fucking points when you lose.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
I’d really like them to remove the 6-hour rewards screen between matches. It’s not like you actually get anything from just playing the game, anyway. Just let me get back into the next match!
YESSSSSS 1000% to this! The time in between is so damn sloooooooow. Drives me crazy.

Yes there absolutely should be a way to leave a match without penalty if the ping is constantly fluctuating above 150ms. You let me decline 150ms+ matches upfront so IDK why you should be locked into a match that becomes 150ms+.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
1. Literally never going to happen.

They aren't going to alienate half of the fan base that bought their game with the expectation of being able to play in online modes. That's bad business.
what is a shame on itself .... sure, for business practice, they will keep it, in order to assure the great costumer base to be able to access and play the game ..... so, fuck off all complainers, they say .... hehe :p

in other hand, they help to create a hate backlash wave for the costumers base that want to have the best possible online experience with the game, and for this, the WiFi filter would be perfect, but instead, people that invested on great wired internet links services, paying for the best infrastructure they can afford, cannot enjoy playing MK11 full time in the best online environment conditions, due the fact the WiFi warriors will sooner or later be paired with them in online matches (by the current game online matching system) , fucking up the matches experience, so ....

it's a sin, hehe :joker:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
How bout not losing hundreds of fucking points when you lose.

Happened to me a few times this season. 2 of them are well known high level players, Nubcakes and Slayer. There's no excuse to deduct that many points just because I got paired up with a guy who is probably a God or Elder God moving up the ranks, who just so happens to be 2 tiers below me at the moment. This is why they should be taking season 1 data, and applying it to season 2. There should be placement matches, just like Rocket League so we get to start off in a tier that closer suits the skill of the player.

Happened to me a few times this season. 2 of them are well known high level players, Nubcakes and Slayer. There's no excuse to deduct that many points just because I got paired up with a guy who is probably a God or Elder God moving up the ranks, who just so happens to be 2 tiers below me at the moment. This is why they should be taking season 1 data, and applying it to season 2. There should be placement matches, just like Rocket League so we get to start off in a tier that closer suits the skill of the player.
I can’t fucking get anywhere in demigod cause some fuck face comes in with me having a 150 pt loss for. 10 pt gain. Is NRS FUCKING STUPID?