What's new

Thoughts on Ivy 3.0 (COMPLETELY REVAMPED)

myri

Time Warrior
Legit just make Ivy's d2 7 frames and you solve her two biggest problems. 1. No standing anti-air, 2. She can punish shit that is only just minus, as she currently gets nothing off her down 1.

That and buff thorns and we're set for the next two years.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I messed with the character a little bit when the game 1st came out. I don't play her, but I was interested. Seen Dragon play her & was fun looking at. With what little do I know about her issues though, fighting against her, she seems like she needs a faster d2 for a good AA.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Agreed. Any tips on the joker MU? As well as characters who just fly around all day?
She beats joker. She has better normals, better frames, better damage and can zone when needed. His gunshots are annoying but they aren't devastating or anything like that.

Characters who have good air mobility are a problem. Hard to zone them and keep them on the ground. You have to play a good ground game to keep up with them

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215
She beats joker. She has better normals, better frames, better damage and can zone when needed. His gunshots are annoying but they aren't devastating or anything like that.

Characters who have good air mobility are a problem. Hard to zone them and keep them on the ground. You have to play a good ground game to keep up with them
Okay thanks. I always felt like she lost to joker. It's like once I get in the corner I'm done for

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Now I don't know how she does in any of her other MU's, but I know mb f3 and b3 are good anti-airs vs joker. Would that work on other characters jumping in? I mean 1 bar of meter is something she easily gets back in the joker MU. That seems to get joker to think twice before jumping maniacally. Not sure about other characters though. Also, giving her a 7 frame anti-air is a bit excessive imo. That's like a aquaman level anti-air lol though 20 frames is absolute booty.

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215
Now I don't know how she does in any of her other MU's, but I know mb f3 and b3 are good anti-airs vs joker. Would that work on other characters jumping in? I mean 1 bar of meter is something she easily gets back in the joker MU. That seems to get joker to think twice before jumping maniacally. Not sure about other characters though. Also, giving her a 7 frame anti-air is a bit excessive imo. That's like a aquaman level anti-air lol though 20 frames is absolute booty.
I don't even think she needs 7 frames. Maybe like 12. Idk though I'm no expert lmao. I use my f3 to go through gunshots but I really haven't used b3 for jump ins. Her b3 has a weird angle so it has to be timed right

Rex24

There are no bad seeds, only bad men
I really think her d2 needs to be at least 10-12 frames. Ther are 6f down 2s in this game

xKhaoTik

I really think her d2 needs to be at least 10-12 frames. Ther are 6f down 2s in this game
Those D2s don’t have anywhere near the reach she has tho.

Her d2 is more active than most and has the most vertical reach in the game. Having a 10-12f D2 that does that would be OP, unless they changed the range or something.

And her D2 is WAAAYYY better than what is was before. I’m ok with it.

Rex24

Those D2s don’t have anywhere near the reach she has tho.

Her d2 is more active than most and has the most vertical reach in the game. Having a 10-12f D2 that does that would be OP, unless they changed the range or something.

And her D2 is WAAAYYY better than what is was before. I’m ok with it.
It is much better; I see what you mean, but I still feel like I have to do it preemptively to anti air, it would be nice to have a down 2 you can use on reaction(Like catwoman or adam’s dumb d2). It’s possible that I lack skill but I feel like I can anti air on reaction more consistently when I’m playing as catwoman compared to when I play as ivy.

xKhaoTik

It is much better; I see what you mean, but I still feel like I have to do it preemptively to anti air, it would be nice to have a down 2 you can use on read(Like catwoman or adam’s dumb d2). It’s possible that I lack skill but I feel like I can anti air on read more consistently when I’m playing as catwoman compared to when I play as ivy.
If you’re using them, you should be using their D2s on reaction since they are so quick. Ivy’s is more than 2x as slow as Adams, so hers would be used as a read mainly.

Rex24

If you’re using them, you should be using their D2s on reaction since they are so quick. Ivy’s is more than 2x as slow as Adams, so hers would be used as a read mainly.
Sorry I meant on reaction

LoneWolfXX_

"The Queen of The Green"
@xKhaoTik I feel like reasonable buffs would be to give her a few more invincible frames on backdash and faster recovery on barkskin but i could see the buffs you listed being very good and reasonable especially the d1 being 6 frames because im honestly tired of characters with 6 frame d1s being able to disrespect are plus frames:D, it would honestly change mu's that she has to rushdown in, and thats why i also feel like faster recovery on barkskin would help. So imo i would give her 6 frame d1 and faster recovery on barkskin because they would help her out in her losing mu's the most out of all the reasonable buffs, what do u think?

Also another possible reasonable buff would be to make her startup on walk speed better cuz i feel like the starfire and deadshot mu is just terrible, i can atleast jump against deadshots zoning but star i cant. I legit think starfire is Ivy's only 7-3 mu

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

@xKhaoTik I feel like reasonable buffs would be to give her a few more invincible frames on backdash and faster recovery on barkskin but i could see the buffs you listed being very good and reasonable especially the d1 being 6 frames because im honestly tired of characters with 6 frame d1s being able to disrespect are plus frames:D, it would honestly change mu's that she has to rushdown in, and thats why i also feel like faster recovery on barkskin would help. So imo i would give her 6 frame d1 and faster recovery on barkskin because they would help her out in her losing mu's the most out of all the reasonable buffs, what do u think?

Also another possible reasonable buff would be to make her startup on walk speed better cuz i feel like the starfire and deadshot mu is just terrible, i can atleast jump against deadshots zoning but star i cant. I legit think starfire is Ivy's only 7-3 mu
Crazy you say that because literally every starfire/Ivy I talk to says ivy bodies her. I’ve only ran it once but it felt like starfire won, even tho I won the set.

I never once felt like ivy won it. Do you really think she’s harder than Deadshot and SG tho?

LoneWolfXX_

"The Queen of The Green"
Crazy you say that because literally every starfire/Ivy I talk to says ivy bodies her. I’ve only ran it once but it felt like starfire won, even tho I won the set.

I never once felt like ivy won it. Do you really think she’s harder than Deadshot and SG tho?
Now that I think about it Deadshot is way harder and supergirl possibly. We just have to make sure star doesn't get a big life lead.

Lokheit

Noob
Thoughts on Ivy's new move? When they showed the animation I thought it was going to be rekkas (would have been a sweet and unexpected surprise)... but it turns out it's just a "bland" attack meant to have a "meh" wake up that isn't even safe and has no reward on hit... kinda disappointing, specially when she was shown right after Swampy, Joker and Cyborg...

I don't recall anyone stating her main problem was the wakeup in quite a long time... more like the lack of anti airs and her being a zoner that can't really zone more than half of the cast because either they ignore it by flying or outzone her

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

We don’t know the whole patch tho. I’m PRAYING she gets an AA and a 6f d1. I’ll be set with either one but both would be such a blessing

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Could they not think of a cooler animation for her new move.... it just looks like a boring normal lol

Lokheit

Noob
Could they not think of a cooler animation for her new move.... it just looks like a boring normal lol
Exactly. This is why I initially thought it would be rekkas... it's just a regular jab that leads to literally nothing. Why would anyone want to use that as a wakeup?

xKhaoTik

Exactly. This is why I initially thought it would be rekkas... it's just a regular jab that leads to literally nothing. Why would anyone want to use that as a wakeup?
I haven’t seen it yet. Is it safe? Can it be MB’d?