What's new

Thoughts on Ivy 3.0 (COMPLETELY REVAMPED)

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
You taking about ANY special or some specials.

If its the latter, GA's d1 savage blast no longer combos. He still has his annoying d1 arrow, or any other just as good special because he's safe if not plus on them.
Doesn't he get d1 bow spin? Either way, you have d1 arrow which is nice

There's absolutely nothing she can get from a d1 meterlessly. So for example, if she's fighting catwoman and she does a full screen catdash, she's -8 and Ivy can only punish with a d1. Not only is it a tight punish, she doesn't even get anything from it meterlessly. She has to go right into MB Datura which takes a bar and scales heavily. It's pretty lame

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Doesn't he get d1 bow spin? Either way, you have d1 arrow which is nice

There's absolutely nothing she can get from a d1 meterlessly. So for example, if she's fighting catwoman and she does a full screen catdash, she's -8 and Ivy can only punish with a d1. Not only is it a tight punish, she doesn't even get anything from it meterlessly. She has to go right into MB Datura which takes a bar and scales heavily. It's pretty lame
I don't play arrow anymore, been focusing all my attention to Red Hood. But I see your point.

GA is very strong in this game since most of his bad mus are gone from the first game and they gave him what he lacked. He has a safe MB bow spin that launches and still has bs d1~ arrow. Ivy does fuck him up fullscreen from what I heard.

Yeah, if thats the case with her d1, then that is a concern.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I really hope they fix this damn input bug because I'm tired of getting b2 barkskin...
Don't know if you heard that already but apparently it wasn't a bug, it was intentional in the design. Yes it might be uncomfortable to some people, but it most likely wasn't a bug. Just saying.

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

Don't know if you heard that already but apparently it wasn't a bug, it was intentional in the design. Yes it might be uncomfortable to some people, but it most likely wasn't a bug. Just saying.
Well either way they need to fix it. It's dumb and it effects a lot of characters.

Lokheit

Noob
The d1 not connecting into any special is a big issue. If Datura Hammer instead of working as a stance worked more like Tremor's punch (normal input for Mid Datura, hold for delay, input then up for launcher, input then low for low knock down, MB for the spin, then pick one of the 3 option) and was a bit faster it could be solved while also getting rid of needing to hold up after the launcher so you're not left standing with a yoyo like an idiot and miss the combo... I'm already used to it but it's an unnecesary step to force down the throat of new players and Datura is never used as a true stance in most situations. It would solve 2 problems in one step.

xKhaoTik

For the record, I don't want people thinking her d1 is bad. It's not bad at all. 7f poke with good range, +13 on hit which guarantees pressure and it's safe. So it's a good poke

It's just a bad punisher...no combo potential meterlessly and shitty damage for a bar

I really hope they fix this damn input bug because I'm tired of getting b2 barkskin...
Turn off input shortcuts. Problem solved. I'm guessing you're rolling the inputs of b2d2 so you'll have diagonal down inputs. The issue with input shortcuts is that it reads diagonal down inputs as actually pressing down so when you do the last hit (D2) it activates barkskin.

Lokheit

Noob
I've been doing some research on D2s across the cast to see if other characters had similar problems... I believe the 2nd slowest one is Scarecrow's, almost half the frames of Ivy's D2 and covering HUGE horizontal and vertical reach while Ivy's has laughable reach (less than a poke). A lot of D2s have way more horizontal reach and the same vertical reach at even less than 10 frames.

It needs to be 10 frames instead of 20 AND STILL it wouldn't even be a top15 or even top 20 D2 in the game because the vertical reach is unnecesarily high (meaning that it would be equally effective if it had less) and the horizontal reach is really bad even using a prop during the attack (some barehand D2s have better horizontal and arc reach).

Considering Ivy gets eaten alive by airborne opponents, some anti air options aside of J2 would be welcome, specially when her D2 is on a league of its own in terms of how bad it is.

Last edited:

myri

Time Warrior
I've been doing some research on D2s across the cast to see if other characters had similar problems... I believe the 2nd slowest one is Scarecrow's, almost half the frames of Ivy's D2 and covering HUGE horizontal and vertical reach while Ivy's has laughable reach (less than a poke). A lot of D2s have way more horizontal reach and the same vertical reach at even less than 20 frames.

It needs to be 10 frames instead of 20 AND STILL it wouldn't even be a top15 or even top 20 D2 in the game because the vertical reach is unnecesarily high (meaning that it would be equally effective if it had less) and the horizontal reach is really bad even using a prop during the attack (some barehand D2s have better horizontal and arc reach).

Considering Ivy gets eaten alive by airborne opponents, some anti air options aside of J2 would be welcome, specially when her D2 is on a league of its own in terms of how bad it is.
Me every time I lab with Ivy and remember her d2 is 20 frames.

Lokheit

Noob
Me every time I lab with Ivy and remember her d2 is 20 frames.

Yeah, I'm afraid in the future they would change it to 14-15 frames and call it a buff when really compared to the rest of the cast it has a bad hitbox to begin with and would still be too bad to use at over 10 frames.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
What up dudes Looking to pick ivy up as a pocket character i just want to know how she does against green arrow and deadshot there giving me the most trouble right now

xKhaoTik

What up dudes Looking to pick ivy up as a pocket character i just want to know how she does against green arrow and deadshot there giving me the most trouble right now
She loses to deadshot.

Green arrow can be annoying but she does way better against him than deadshot

Yoaks

A spaceman
I've been doing some research on D2s across the cast to see if other characters had similar problems... I believe the 2nd slowest one is Scarecrow's, almost half the frames of Ivy's D2 and covering HUGE horizontal and vertical reach while Ivy's has laughable reach (less than a poke). A lot of D2s have way more horizontal reach and the same vertical reach at even less than 10 frames.

WW's d2 is 13f FYI. Can't think of a slower d2 other then Ivy's.