What's new

Thoughts on Ivy 3.0 (COMPLETELY REVAMPED)

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
Just some rando dropping by to say I get whacked with instant J2 and MB B3 all the time so maybe use that idk k thx byyye

P.S. Agreed, new move is unnecessary booty unless someone shows up with some crazy tech for it. Looking at you @Red Raptor

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I feel like Ivy is the "Quan chi" of the game in the sense she has amazing offense but weak defense.

If her trait were to track the opponent rather than shoot in a straight pattern, a weak anti air wouldn't be that bad because her trait would stop them from jumping or going airborne at all. Yet they didn't do that either..

Also I think Vine drill should get a very slight damage buff, especially the meterburn version. It just seems like you don't want to spend the bar because you need it for a MB B3 to anti air.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I feel like Ivy is the "Quan chi" of the game in the sense she has amazing offense but weak defense.

If her trait were to track the opponent rather than shoot in a straight pattern, a weak anti air wouldn't be that bad because her trait would stop them from jumping or going airborne at all. Yet they didn't do that either..

Also I think Vine drill should get a very slight damage buff, especially the meterburn version. It just seems like you don't want to spend the bar because you need it for a MB B3 to anti air.
Quan had AAs tho lol

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
yeah the only thing she needs is an anti air. at least an 11 frame d2. i still believe every character should have a good anti air.

i would also like to see a hitbox fix on her b3 its super good but its also super wonky. id trade the hit box behind her for a more consistent hit box versus jump ins.

Once she does get an anti air and every body that wants to main ivy goes to her ... and play her regularly is going to experience what I’ve been saying all along about her trait and I can’t wait just one step towards getting her trait fixed

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Yeahhhhhhh not feeling the new wakeup. The same options that beat the command grab beat this move and it has very little payoff for the risk involved...it doesn't even knock down.

I don't like Hellboy either so I'm probably still not picking this game back up.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Feel free to bash or correct me. I’m a person who doesn’t hate on other characters because of what they have. I want all characters to be enjoyable. Personally, I think Ivy is one of the characters who I felt needed more help than a lot of the cast.

Make her d2 9 frames
Make her j2 faster & reach further to catch air mobile characters?
Her trait projectile I'd make a little faster.

Honestly idk what I would do to bed of thorns, but it should have a lot more uses.

Idk man personally I feel since she’s actually one of the hardest characters in the game (Injustice characters aren’t that hard), her barriers should be well rewarded in the long run.

Last edited:

AkioOf100

I play Raph
Feel free to bash or correct me. I’m a person who doesn’t hate on other characters because of what they have. I want all characters to be enjoyable. Personally, I think Ivy is one of the characters who I felt needed more help than a lot of the cast.

Make her d2 9 frames
Make her j2 faster & reach further to catch air mobile characters?

Honestly idk what I would do to bed of thorns, but it should have a lot more uses.

Idk man personally I feel since she’s actually one of the hardest characters in the game (Injustice characters aren’t that hard), her barriers should be well rewarded in the long run.
I think I'd make Ivy's d2 like 11 frames but keep the growing hitbox thing or however it currently works. It's fine but slow/inconsistent.

J2 is a great air to air rn but it just doesn't consistently hit, so I'd probably increase active frames or change the hitbox on it so it can be a more consistent jump-in.

Bed of Thorns should keep opponents from jumping if they're standing in it. :T

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I think I'd make Ivy's d2 like 11 frames but keep the growing hitbox thing or however it currently works. It's fine but slow/inconsistent.

J2 is a great air to air rn but it just doesn't consistently hit, so I'd probably increase active frames or change the hitbox on it so it can be a more consistent jump-in.

Bed of Thorns should keep opponents from jumping if they're standing in it. :T
She's a defensive character. There's no reason why her d2 should be that slow. Even if it is like 9 or 10 frames. Her dynamic is design to be a moving wall. Nj2 or ji2 I agree with. We were pretty much suggesting the same thing.

AkioOf100

I play Raph
She's a defensive character. There's no reason why her d2 should be that slow. Even if it is like 9 or 10 frames. Her dynamic is design to be a moving wall. Nj2 or ji2 I agree with. We were pretty much suggesting the same thing.
11 frames is not really slow at all. 9 frames seems basically instant to us and that's 2 frames above that. Putting it in perspective, catwoman's b2 is 10 frames, and it's relatively fast. 1 frame on top of that = a fast d2.

I think the 11 frames is fine it’s just the “growing” hitbox isn’t accurate and I’ve had moments when my D2 has been through the opponents leg and Still it doesn’t hit because the growing hit box needs to be better

Reactions: JDE

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
So I was doing some thinking about her Bed of Thorns (you know, the move that has been garbage since release), and I think I have an idea

What if they buffed it so the regular version does exactly what the MB version does, but the MB version is completely reworked and now acts like a “capture” move, ie Cold Ground Puddle or Atoms Beaker?

AkioOf100

I play Raph
So I was doing some thinking about her Bed of Thorns (you know, the move that has been garbage since release), and I think I have an idea

What if they buffed it so the regular version does exactly what the MB version does, but the MB version is completely reworked and now acts like a “capture” move, ie Cold Ground Puddle or Atoms Beaker?
That could be decent tbh. Maybe you could stack two on one another too? :)

Lokheit

Noob

I've wanted it to have something like that for a while, BUT it would still need to have its start up reduced by 20-30 frames to be useful.

The move needs real utility AND speed, if it only gets one of those it's still a terrible move.