What's new

Thoughts on Ivy 3.0 (COMPLETELY REVAMPED)

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I haven’t seen it yet. Is it safe? Can it be MB’d?
Pretty sure they said it was unsafe and they didnt show it being mb'd. Its a mid with shit range. She just stabs like a foot in front with her shoulder plant things.... really lame....

Lokheit

Noob
It's actually ridiculous that they invested time on a crappy animation for a meh move that didn't cover a real need rather than following the character feedback as almost everyone agrees about her weaknesses... it's not the first time NRS tries to go too much out of the box and do something different rather than what the feedback says and it's getting really weird. It's like they feel they're not original if they follow feedback or something and sometimes it's a bit messy.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
It's actually ridiculous that they invested time on a crappy animation for a meh move that didn't cover a real need rather than following the character feedback as almost everyone agrees about her weaknesses... it's not the first time NRS tries to go too much out of the box and do something different rather than what the feedback says and it's getting really weird.
We have all been complaining about her wake-up since launch, though. Let's see how it plays before we complain about this.

Personally I hate DBF inputs so this is a godsend for me even if it's not substantially better than the kiss.

Lokheit

Noob
We have all been complaining about her wake-up since launch, though. Let's see how it plays before we complain about this.

Personally I hate DBF inputs so this is a godsend for me even if it's not substantially better than the kiss.
I mean... there has been some talk about the wakeup, specially around release, but for a long time now almost everyone agrees her wakeup while not being great would be fine if the main weaknesses were adressed.

ryublaze

Noob
Her wakeup has always been underrated imo. The command grab is a fully invincible launching wakeup attack, which is better than some of the weaker wakeups in this game. I guess this new move might help against grab immune attacks when you're knocked down.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Ive been playing ivy for around 3 months now and I really really want to graduate her to main status, but the lack of an AA is really annoying. She needs nothing else imo, although I would love to see d1 getting buffed but I think thats a luxury. Some characters dont have anti airs for the sake of balance(fpr example deadshot) but I dont see how ivy should be in that demographic.

What I personally want to see more than anything though is having b2d2 changed to b22, the input is really awkward, and I end up getting random d2s way more frequently than I'd like.

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215
Ive been playing ivy for around 3 months now and I really really want to graduate her to main status, but the lack of an AA is really annoying. She needs nothing else imo, although I would love to see d1 getting buffed but I think thats a luxury. Some characters dont have anti airs for the sake of balance(fpr example deadshot) but I dont see how ivy should be in that demographic.

What I personally want to see more than anything though is having b2d2 changed to b22, the input is really awkward, and I end up getting random d2s way more frequently than I'd like.
But I thought deadshot had one of the best air to air jump in

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
But I thought deadshot had one of the best air to air jump in
But that’s the problem. Deadshot WAS the best zoner in the game, and he could AA just fine. Still a zoner that can AA.
Firestorm is a zoner who can AA.
Fate is probably the best zoner now and he can AA.

All of those characters are better zoners than ivy and they can AA so I’m confused

xKhaoTik

Yup an AA is the main problem. Bed of thorns needs a change too because that move has been garbage since release

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215
But that’s the problem. Deadshot WAS the best zoner in the game, and he could AA just fine. Still a zoner that can AA.
Firestorm is a zoner who can AA.
Fate is probably the best zoner now and he can AA.

All of those characters are better zoners than ivy and they can AA so I’m confused
Exactly... and ivy Can’t zone all game like ds/ dr fate if they wanted too. I’m confused

xKhaoTik

He doesn't like to be tagged even if it's for reasonable claims, he mostly responds to true bugs but rarely for pure balance (he's colt if you need to contact him in the future).
Well i tagged Tyler so hopefully that’s enough

Lokheit

Noob
Too much effort for what she is
Yeah you need to master almost every single "hard to input" aspect of the game only for her (3 direction grabs, multi direction strings into DD commands, cancel pressure, moves requiring multiple buttons per hit, 1 frame links, trying to time moves with a trait which timing you can't control...) only to get a "meh" character that at best is a counterpick that could be replaced with better counterpicks for the same situations.

She needs an anti-air (and the slowest D2 in the game with a deceivingly bad range as it has almost no horizontal range and the vertical range could be lower and be as effective, isn't an anti-air) and Bed of Thorns doing ANYTHING worth using would be welcome. I would even trade those for the new wake up move as that thing doesn't seem to lead to any reward anyway so it doesn't move the needle...

Last edited:

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
@myri @xKhaoTik
The 3 main reasons I dropped Ivy week one are the 3 main buffs she needs I LOVE Ivy but she needs help and it's apparent they aren't goin to do anything for her all the changes proposed I agree with.

xKhaoTik

@myri @xKhaoTik
The 3 main reasons I dropped Ivy week one are the 3 main buffs she needs I LOVE Ivy but she needs help and it's apparent they aren't goin to do anything for her all the changes proposed I agree with.
FP3 is coming out so that means 1-2 more patches. She has a chance, but it’ll definitely be her last chance