What's new

Thoughts on Black Manta

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge

felt like bringing up a certain issue as well as just how i generally feel about em :)

#Notfunctioningproperly

Last edited:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
@Invincible Salads Is Darkseid the only character it konnects on? I haven't gotten it to konnect on other big bodies I tested, like Bane and Atrocitus...

I have a bigger issue with the teleport's hurtbox, I have been hit out of the teleport by low hitbox attacks...

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
@Invincible Salads Is Darkseid the only character it konnects on? I haven't gotten it to konnect on other big bodies I tested, like Bane and Atrocitus...

I have a bigger issue with the teleport's hurtbox, I have been hit out of the teleport by low hitbox attacks...
regardless even if it is only darkseid, why you gonna have an OVERHEAD that whiffs on majority of the cast? makes no sense, and theres already a gap between the two hits anyways.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
regardless even if it is only darkseid, why you gonna have an OVERHEAD that whiffs on majority of the cast? makes no sense, and theres already a gap between the two hits anyways.
It's meant to be punishable... Maybe they just want Darkseid players to have to think more? IDK... Not a big deal to me, because it was meant to be unsafe, this is more like a bonus to me.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
It's meant to be punishable... Maybe they just want Darkseid players to have to think more? IDK... Not a big deal to me, because it was meant to be unsafe, this is more like a bonus to me.
its STILL punishable even WITH darkseid, like i showed, i prefer to just do mbb3. and im sure other characters can get a better punish by dashing underneith since they'll have better strings than darkseid.

you have so many options to punish it already.....why does it need to whiff too?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
its STILL punishable even WITH darkseid, like i showed, i prefer to just do mbb3. and im sure other characters can get a better punish by dashing underneith since they'll have better strings than darkseid.

you have so many options to punish it already.....why does it need to whiff too?
Yeah.. IDK. It's a teleport, it's supposed to be unsafe...
You kan also D2 with Darkseid before the MB komes out... I tested it and it's not that easy, not that hard either though.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Yeah.. IDK. It's a teleport, it's supposed to be unsafe...
You kan also D2 with Darkseid before the MB komes out... I tested it and it's not that easy, not that hard either though.
Sektor did it better in mkx, and there was ways to deal with that too still.....don't see a need for it to completely whiff.

Ride the Sand Worm

Atrocitus, Green Arrow, Brainiac, Black Manta
During the breakdown stream they talked about how you can duck. It's intentional. The inconsistency is that darkseid can't duck it. It should just be a high.

It's probably not a high just because it would look weird. But you might as well think of it as a high.

I believe they said on stream it was supposed to whiff if they ducked it.

Doesn't change anything for me. I only use the tele on a hard read and don't even bother spending that meter if the first hit is blocked. I expect im gonna get hurt bad.

If we're gonna ask for a Manta fix the timing on b22, 4, j2 is stupid pls give faster flight pls. Tele is working as it should- super yolo.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
its supposed to whiff? then yeah just make it a high then, or make it possible to whiff on darkseid, lol still annoying. either way things are lookin pretty good for manta :)