What's new

MK11 Roster Rant Thread

mattteo

Noob
Just 25 roster spots, occupied by same old-same old Sonya (Johnny Cage definitely too after what Ronda Rousey said), Jax (cause the tester guy's leak of Kabal turned out to be true) and the kombat kids (the London reveal showed Cassie).

That makes Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Raiden, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kitana, Johnny Cage, Sonya, Jax, maybe Kano (though he could just be background), Baraka, Skarlet, Kabal, Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Noob Saibot, Cassie, Jacqui, Kung Jin, Takeda, Geras, Kronika, probably Kotal Kahn, D'vorah, Reptile, Jade, Kenshi.

So basically, MKX+ some MK9 characters.

No love for characters who haven't been in games for a long time like Fujin or Havik or Sareena or Reiko or Ashrah. This sucks

mattteo

Noob
You have no actual idea what the fucking roster is going to be, why even make this thread?

This guy leaked Kabal before the reveal and also said Jax, Shang Tsung and Noob, so.....that's pretty much it:

https://testyourmight.com/threads/nrs-player-daddy-dab-invite-revoked-for-leaking-playable-characters-at-mk11-reveal.67724/

With Cassie Cage ( https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/ah1t4f/pretty_sure_they_just_showed_cassie_in_london/ ), pretty sure all of the kombat kids will be in, or at least 3 of them. I don;t want to jump to conclusions, but it certainly looks that way.

And Johnny Cage is basically cnfirmed by Ronda.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
lol, the 25 roster spots probably are placeholders so far , maybe will be 30 spots in the end..... and we'll have to see yet what chars will make the final roster .... let's have patience and see the chars reveals .... there are 12 weeks yet until the date release

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I don't think that'll be true but that could be a really solid guess for the roster, I'm going to keep an eye on this list.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
This guy leaked Kabal before the reveal and also said Jax, Shang Tsung and Noob, so.....that's pretty much it:

https://testyourmight.com/threads/nrs-player-daddy-dab-invite-revoked-for-leaking-playable-characters-at-mk11-reveal.67724/

With Cassie Cage ( https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/ah1t4f/pretty_sure_they_just_showed_cassie_in_london/ ), pretty sure all of the kombat kids will be in, or at least 3 of them. I don;t want to jump to conclusions, but it certainly looks that way.

And Johnny Cage is basically cnfirmed by Ronda.

That was Sonya again with a different customization set, not Cassie. EDIT: Oop maybe it was.

There’s have been about a hundred leaks and none of them have been confirmed except the leak of the official email telling us about Rhonda and Geras.

Also being upset that Cassie and the rest of her squad is in this game is like being upset that the Revenants are in this game, they’re central to the story, what did you actually expect?

Last edited:

mattteo

Noob
Also being upset that Cassie and the rest of her squad is in this game is like being upset that the Revenants are in this game, they’re central to the story, what did you actually expect?
In a 25 character roster, I was really hoping they wouldn't bring back both the parents and the kids

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
What if they gave him a personality and made him not a jobber?

How about they fix their old shit instead of having it stew and fester all the time.
Or do what they’ve been doing and create better characters while not dumping fan favorites like JC? More people are hyped to play Sub/Scorp/Liu etc than they would be someone like Reiko or Havik, meanwhile I’m MKX they added badass and original characters like Kotal Kahn and D’Vorah. Jacqui and Kung Jin were pretty bland, but comparing the new MKX characters to the 3D ones outside of Quan and Kenshi, they’ve been doing much better creating original ones.

In short you can’t polish a turd

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I care less about the roster and more about the gameplay. It is as if all the MKX characters drank way too much lean

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
People actually like characters like Johnny Cage because he has a personality and is a badass, shit jobbers like Reiko can sit it out
I prefer Reiko over Johnny. Would love to see Reiko back in a game and evolve as a character, get a redesign both in appearance and gameplay. Loved him in the MKX comics, was absolutely awesome!

The only time I even though Johnny was likeable was in MKX's story mode, but never cared for his design or gameplay. Wouldn't mind if he sat this game out. Reiko might never return though, but there are other more interesting characters than Johnny which could come back, imo.

I got my main in Baraka and I do think this game can still be more bold in terms of the roster, but with the story and characters running into their younger selves it's highly unlikely for many 3D era characters to return. I think even Fujin has a very small chance. I do believe they have a chance as DLC, since Skarlet, Tremor and Tanya have been part of it and are not characters a casual would know.