What's new

"This Princess Fights Her Own Battles." - Starfire General Discussion

So I'm going to say it.

Starfire's F2 should be a mid.

It knocks away on hit so we get nothing off it.

It stops everyone from mashing d2 after a blocked B3 or during hit advantage.

Its a safe option for us to play footsies and if we commit into F2 trait, then there goes the zoning mind game.

The ONLY REASON why I can see it noting being a mid if F21+3 was a true grab or it didn't launch on it but it isn't so we end up in massive recovery just begging for our opponents to punish us.
f2 doesn't lead to anything on hit anyways except a hard knockdown but having delayable wakeups in this game make hard knock downs not as strong. f2 being a mid would be huge for one thing... push back. f2 hair or f2highshot MB then trait for 3/4 pushback, meter build and chip. she has top 3 zoning in the game and the best unpredictability in her zoning

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
f2 doesn't lead to anything on hit anyways except a hard knockdown but having delayable wakeups in this game make hard knock downs not as strong. f2 being a mid would be huge for one thing... push back. f2 hair or f2highshot MB then trait for 3/4 pushback, meter build and chip. she has top 3 zoning in the game and the best unpredictability in her zoning
Yyeaahhhh OK that's definitely too much lol. I still wish it didn't knock away on hit

DarksydeDash

Couple things for you guys to test further.

232 immediate tam charge in corner crosses up and is safe. Damage is pretty solid with trait.

Also, orb, charge it behind the orb and hit them before the orb will allow for some safe pressure cross up mix. See what you guys can develop from that

Dark dude lmao. I didn’t look one post up and see that. So funny. I think it’s more likely they will block unless u catch them dashing to try and mb roll through it.

Focus more on options after block, orb right behind u for plus pressure

DarksydeDash

Dark dude lmao. I didn’t look one post up and see that. So funny. I think it’s more likely they will block unless u catch them dashing to try and mb roll through it.

Focus more on options after block, orb right behind u for plus pressure
Yeah that's a very smart idea since charge is super active.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I don't know if you guys have noticed that but Starfire's Starbolt Trait can go through Enchantress' Hell's Gate (BF1) despite being a projectile, probably because it is a beam projectile. Just so you know.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

I don't know if you guys have noticed that but Starfire's Starbolt Trait can go through Enchantress' Hell's Gate (BF1) despite being a projectile, probably because it is a beam projectile. Just so you know.
We've known, just like it goes through atrocitus shield and ignores Grodd's trait

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Thank you for sharing anyway though because even though a lot of people know there are plenty who do not. Someone was saying Starfire gets rocked by Enchantress but that's partially because they didn't know this key detail and just assumed so whatever we can do to promote knowledge and reduce misinformation is paramount.

It's match up changing information. Gonna help make Starfire a very interesting choice for challenging Enchantress perhaps due to the fact she can get 200 damage off of trait, hinder her ability to set up hexes and force hesitation that allows Starfire to use her other zoning tools and get in on her more easily.

DarksydeDash

Thank you for sharing anyway though because even though a lot of people know there are plenty who do not. Someone was saying Starfire gets rocked by Enchantress but that's partially because they didn't know this key detail and just assumed so whatever we can do to promote knowledge and reduce misinformation is paramount.

It's match up changing information. Gonna help make Starfire a very interesting choice for challenging Enchantress perhaps due to the fact she can get 200 damage off of trait, hinder her ability to set up hexes and force hesitation that allows Starfire to use her other zoning tools and get in on her more easily.
Very early impressions is that we might win it or it's 5-5 because out projectiles require a down motion which makes up take damage. Also getting our specials disabled makes us pretty helpless.

On the whole I'm happy with the buffs we got. The only change I'm not a huge fan of was them increasing start-up on MB Star Dust so that you still can't combo into it from d1. Thankfully it doesn't seem to mess up any other combos so I suppose I can live with it...

f2 1+3 could prove to be yet another frustrating gimmick for inexperienced opponents to deal with - they think that since you've whiffed f2 right in front of their face they can go in for the whiff punish when BAM! they get thrown. Unlikely to work repeatedly but, you know, it's nice to have that option there...

Honestly though the biggest buff Starfire got was an indirect one from Supergirl being nerfed. It'll probably still be in SG's favour but not by too much.

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
Her walk speed is indeed better but I feel like her jump is even more floaty, although it was easier to link normals after jips

Jump is the same. She got really nice buffs. Walk speed is HUGE and she has something to fear in mid range. I think she is top 10-15 now in the right hands. A main could get to top 8s with her but u will still need an alt to win a major with her.

DarksydeDash

We have superman like shenanigans in the corner with this new walk speed.

232 (-1), walkback, and whiff punish with 23/21 is a thing now.

Of course they have options but so do we; Armor, neutral jump, d1, backdash, etc.

Anyone else notice the new quote that sometimes plays when Starfire depletes Cyborg's first lifebar? "Can I get a... booyah?" Definitely a much better addition than "You don't fight as well as you dress"