What's new

"This Princess Fights Her Own Battles." - Starfire General Discussion

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Starfire General Discussion

"As the next Queen of Tamaran, Princess Koriand’r found herself the victim of her fratricidal sister's vengeful plot that resulted in their planet being conquered. Now a royal exile on Earth, Koriand’r uses her ability to absorb and convert ultraviolet energy as Starfire."

Starfire discord: https://discord.gg/ESxkFBW

She's finally arrived and looking better than ever; Discuss all things Starfire here!

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
113~Stardust seems like a legit thing on block especially if you were to mix it up. It's plus 5 and you can cancel into trait for a ton of chip.

It seems like the only option to counter it consistently across different characters is to either backdash which you'll get caught by trait cancel or to d2, in which case you'll get hit and be holding hit advantage. If you interrupt it with anything that doesn't juggle or knockdown then you'll get hit and she'll be standing right in front of you. But I'm not so sure most characters will be able to react with that D2, and it seems like some characters can't d2 at all. I would think they would have to commit to d2'ing in many cases which is really damn good for Starfire. If you MB F3/B3 you get armor broken.

I'm trying to find out if this is just a gimmick but right now it actually looks really good, even if the opponent can D2 you 100% of the time which I don't think they can the damage trade is still in your favor.

Edit: The AI on Very Hard can't find a way out lol

Edit: It's minus 3 for the close one derp :(, but it's still something cheeky you can throw out.

Last edited:

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
So, if I end a combo into F22, it cause a splat that allow for more pressure/setup using her EX sparkle (the Fate-ish sphere).
Is it a good strategy?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
For reasons I can't explain, Starfire will do her J3 in reverse sometimes. So the beam will go from the right(our perspective) to the left normally, but then randomally to left to right. I don't know if it's a big deal but since the hitbox follows the beam it could create inconsistency in crossups setups and the like. At first I thought it was something to do with jumping back or the when you input it in your arc but it seems completely random.

Edit: Ignore this shit.

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
For reasons I can't explain, Starfire will do her J3 in reverse sometimes. So the beam will go from the right(our perspective) to the left normally, but then randomally to left to right. I don't know if it's a big deal but since the hitbox follows the beam it could create inconsistency in crossups setups and the like. At first I thought it was something to do with jumping back or the when you input it in your arc but it seems completely random.
They ssid you can control it's direction in order to create alternative crossups

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Dude her zoning is oppressive lol. Based on labbing she can actually contest with Deadshot - I never thought I'd see the day Deadshot gets zoned out lul

With trait the opponent's scared to move and the chip + meter build on stardust lets you put out MB orbs which buy a bit of time for trait to recharge and also only really cost half a bar because you build it back throwing projectiles

21 might be -8 but it's a pretty good stagger. 23 is also decent. Her J3 is legit un-anti airable for some D2s. Her D2 isn't too bad either.

Her shimmy game is OD. She'll take half life for one bar and half of trait. Though I'll usually only use the full trait if I'm going for the kill since she needs it for zoning. Otherwise I'll just use the first hit since it still adds a decent bit of damage. Also trait recharges between rounds.

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
I won't lie, I was hoping for her to have a more unorthodox play style with a reasonably high execution barrier. She's definitely more interesting than most the other female characters though, it's just a shame that many will pick her up due to ease of play and I kinda like playing characters that are under represented. Think I was looking for hawkgirl 2.0 with a sprinkling of Zatanna haha

Very interested to see what people can make of this character, I lack the patience to spend hours in practice trying to find stuff.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Havent gotten my hands on her yet personally, but I was kinda hoping for a more unorthodox playstyle too. Something super different, though I dont think her design is bad by any means. Its just the usual expectation vs reality.

Im hoping she turns out to be more of a mid range, space and pace control character.. She has shades of that from what Ive seen, but also shades of just pure zoner. But whats trickling down seems to show really solid damage and if anything, she has busy zoning, with lots of shit to do, which is always more interesting than just spamming a single thing over and over. Fingers crossed. Ive wanted a secondary to Canary for a while and Ive been looking at Batman, SG and Deadshot... But her swag factor is through the roof, Id love it if she ended up slotting in better than any of those three, lol.

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
What are peoples first impressions? I'm looking for a co-main and she looks interesting but haven't got my hands on her yet.

Will hopefully hit the lab tonight!!

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
I don't think this character being "easy to play" is true. She has some high execution combos to up her damage significantly and she's negative/unsafe on almost everything so she can't mindlessly attack you. She seems like one of the harder characters to play to me.

Minus

Sucks at fighting games
23~mb hair flip is so good on block. Builds half a bar, only -1 but she has a 6 frame d1 so she can get out some cheeky pokes, but it has the tiniest gap that you can't backdash or else you get hit, maybe its possible to mb b3 out but I can't do it.

After conditioning with the mb hair flip, you can start canceling hair flip into trait and they'll expect the overhead so they stand into the beam instead of ducking and get like 60% meter back dude wtf.

Last edited:

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
I don't think this character being "easy to play" is true. She has some high execution combos to up her damage significantly and she's negative/unsafe on almost everything so she can't mindlessly attack you. She seems like one of the harder characters to play to me.
I think by beginner level they meant few strings, a very easy confirm and being able to chain specials for easy combos

Her b2 is very interesting, if the opponent is already in the air it will juggle but for some reason you have to hit confirm into special cancel

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Messing around with something; after a mb hairflip in the corner, immediately do a DP. Most of it whiffs, but the last hit of the laser behind starfire hits as a crossup overhead. I can seem to convert the hit though.

grounded b2 into b3 is possible.

Also found something interesting with trait and her db1 MB. Looks like it has the same effect as clone shatter, but I didnt get a chance to try it on someone.

What are you guys using to wakeup?

Overall fun char, but she has her weaknesses. Zoning is od and that j3 silly.