What's new

This one deserves its own post - The ultimate setup for the Leopard Krawl

DeftMonk

Noob
Only thing about this variaation is you lose that slide which is how I like to end combos and provides a very easy KB. I wish you had the option to not roll backward after you mb the slide though.

DeftMonk

Noob
what if your opponent has a brain tho
also this.
edit: @Trevor I also wanted to say thanks for posting something you thought to be worthwhile as the site could always use tech no matter how niche it is. I think what Mike was trying to say (in his own way) This setup has a lot of holes in it like #1 the command grab kb forces you to early cancel the crawl reading that the enemy was going to for some reason roll forward when you are a mile in front of him. Also the rest of the setup would be almost the same as saying "new liu kang setup for kb parry" then tell players the best oki for liu is to use his command grab and parry then alternate between d1/parry/command grab. But it might work for some players and Rambo definately can use all the help he can get so thanks for posting it up, I liked/subbed ur channel.

Last edited:

Trevor

Noob
Hey DefMonk, It's all good man. Love the outstandingly diplomatic approach in your writing. People like you are a rare breed in this world, much respect. As far as Mikemetroid, that is perfectly fine. I have noticed how the more invested gamers are in their gaming, and the more snobby they become about the quirks of gaming, the more they like to pat themselves on the back with witty comments like that lol. I have actually used this strategy against players in KL many times, if only the braindead fall for it, it's still satisfying as hell to pull it off.

It's all in fun fellas, I am not looking to get paid for playing MK11, but it's so much fun. Probably the most fun I have had playing a fightin game. Specially with Rambo and Jax.

DeftMonk

Noob
Hey DefMonk, It's all good man. Love the outstandingly diplomatic approach in your writing. People like you are a rare breed in this world, much respect. As far as Mikemetroid, that is perfectly fine. I have noticed how the more invested gamers are in their gaming, and the more snobby they become about the quirks of gaming, the more they like to pat themselves on the back with witty comments like that lol. I have actually used this strategy against players in KL many times, if only the braindead fall for it, it's still satisfying as hell to pull it off.

It's all in fun fellas, I am not looking to get paid for playing MK11, but it's so much fun. Probably the most fun I have had playing a fightin game. Specially with Rambo and Jax.
People surely haven't labbed out what to do in this situation so thats great thats it working out bro! Let us know if u find anything else.

Trevor

Noob
I noticed you are talking about the command grab setup, but the one I am referring to is the leopard krawl KB with the launcher startup. The steps I mentioned set up a 50/50 scenario that has worked for me many times. it's not something you can lab against. it's always a guessing game for them if you set it up the way I explained it. Granted you have to guess right twice to land it, but that is certainly not impossible if you can read your opponent. If done right, they can't jump away, nor can they roll in any direction if you slash them. if you find a hole in that setup that covers all options, then yes, it becomes useless.

DeftMonk

Noob
I noticed you are talking about the command grab setup, but the one I am referring to is the leopard krawl KB with the launcher startup. The steps I mentioned set up a 50/50 scenario that has worked for me many times. it's not something you can lab against. it's always a guessing game for them if you set it up the way I explained it. Granted you have to guess right twice to land it, but that is certainly not impossible if you can read your opponent. If done right, they can't jump away, nor can they roll in any direction if you slash them. if you find a hole in that setup that covers all options, then yes, it becomes useless.
That’s not what I meant. In this game especially if u do something ur opponent has never seen u get bonus points toward ur plan to work. For instance when I used to play Liu kang very sparingly I would stagger by cancelling a button it into the projectile reflect nunchuck move. People aren’t used to seeing that so they had a brain fart and hit buttons way late... you guessed it right into my next f4. This setup has a similar situation where people will see u end the combo in leopard crawl and have a brain fart. Leading them to make a very predictable decision I would assume. Good thing to have in the arsenal.

Trevor

Noob
This makes me wonder what percentage of players in MK11 have labed all options, for all characters, for all variations. It has to be a VERY small percentage.

I think there are two kinds of matches in fighting games. The ones you play with random people in ranked 2 out of 3 (more difficult to learn opponent patterns and behaviors this way) and the ones where you fight the same opponent many times week after week like many of the top players do. The latter makes it easier to learn to avoid those overly obvious setups.