What's new

This is Sub-Zero (Injustice 2) by Tom Brady

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Nice vids, watched 1st two them earlier before thread was made :), that u were mentioning parry chars while talking about ways to counter the "get in" db1mb, cpt colds ex ice puddle stops sub's ranged mbdb1 game (if only for few seconds) and if he sits just behind it can build meter fairly handy (even better if he lvl 3) as sub can't slide or jump in as mb ice puddle stays when colds hit

Lokheit

Noob
Really interesting take, I still have some doubts about db1MB being used to get closer on certain matchups that can blow it up with streams of projectiles (though you can always slide under those to punish it, mind games I guess), but you're really squeezing its properties for good here!

An interesting note about db1MB having higher advantage at longer ranges is that jails allow Highs to not be ducked, so 111/113 or B233 won't be duckable (the command grab doesn't benefit as it can't connect on jails), I think it's worth exploring in that direction to add even more variety to his followups.

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Corner pressure video is actually a huge help! I haven't been having too much problem with my corner pressure but this shit is waaaaaaay better than what i've been doing. Allows a lot of creativity too. Gonna get it in my play immediately!

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Just finished the open space video, the strategy looks great but extremely meter intensive. Maybe this gets addressed in the other vids but where does Sub-Zero get all this bar from and what does he do once he's out of meter?

An interesting note about db1MB having higher advantage at longer ranges is that jails allow Highs to not be ducked, so 111/113 or B133 won't be duckable (the command grab doesn't benefit as it can't connect on jails), I think it's worth exploring in that direction to add even more variety to his followups.[/QUOTE]
Just finished the open space video, the strategy looks great but extremely meter intensive. Maybe this gets addressed in the other vids but where does Sub-Zero get all this bar from and what does he do once he's out of meter?
Like every character, meter building is very mu dependent. When and how you build meter in these mu's is case by case.

Corner pressure video is actually a huge help! I haven't been having too much problem with my corner pressure but this shit is waaaaaaay better than what i've been doing. Allows a lot of creativity too. Gonna get it in my play immediately!
The corner game is very strong and the fact that it is so freestyle is what makes it even harder to escape. You can literally keep them sitting there for over a minute like a statue.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Don't personally use sub zero, but I like seeing what characters have to help me counter it if possible with joker. Great videos, highly informative.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Why? You cannot use it unless it is inside of a juggle. Whats the point of being punished in juggles with the dbf command because "hey its a command throw though" when its a command throw that you cannot use unless you have them juggled?
for one reason and one reason only, its a guaranteed reset if aquaman uses trait while frozen, lol

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Another thing to think about the db1mb from range is if you don't have a clone to shatter on the way in you risk being mb b3ed

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
very nice. Ive been stuck in that stupid mkx habit, and trying to shake that game off with this char. Using the "he's an injustice char with x tools" helps on the mental level.