What's new

This is Reality - Jin Kazama Tekken 7 Reveal

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

HOLY SHIT, HOLY FUCKING SHIT, WTF.

I have to tell you guys i wasn't this interested in this game without this guy, but NOW, omg, the fact that not only Namco revealed him be completely buffed him to what all jin mains always wanted, i am 100% sold for T7 now.

in Changes:
The HOOD is a throwback to the godlike jin from T4 which came in god tier with some godlike changes.
- EWHF: now grants a tailwhip bound without being necessarily a counter hit. Note: He is the original user of the tailwhip system before T7.
-Jin now has ARMOR STANCE move: it can absorb a certain number of hits to get a juggle, doesn't seem to take damage.
- Roundhouse kick (4) now grands a bound on juggles.
- New move FF+4: sends characters into the knockback mode.
- DF1,4 is still a blockstring HOLY SHIT.
- Parrys are still presend aside from the armor stance
- MA2 and Zenchin stance are still present with all followups
- Low profile Roundhouse DB3 to avoid highs now grants a free Karate knockdown punch
- Jin now has a juggle ender like Howarang and Baek Do San
- BD2,3 on juggles ensure tailwhip bound FUCK YESS.
- His DF+2+3 Fever Kick Throw IS STILL THE FUCK IN

Jin just got a lot more better, this is like my wettest dream in one char HAHA

And he pays Homage to Seishiro Kuki, my greatest Samurai SNK characters of all times by using HIS EXACTS WORDS: Kore ga Genjitsu da, which means:"THIS IS REALITY".

In other words, he is the perfect Genius that has a count of 0 defeats, so you're doomed the moment you choose him to fight, exactly as this Seishiro Kuki

Now if only NRS added Skarlet...

Last edited:

Spinky

Restless Dreamer
Yeeeaaah, I'm not really feeling Tekken 7 or that Jin redesign, but at least Devil Jin's back. Always liked that guy, because I'm forever a badass edgy 12-year-old.

Last edited:

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
That was a good showcase of his moves, looks like his EWHF launches on regular hit now. Jin has always had some of the best animations in Tekken imo, his moves look like they just hurt!

The more I see of Tekken 7 the more I'm looking forward to it. I'm just hoping for a streamlined roster, I like the demands of its execution, it's the learning four dozen characters that's a pain.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I don't know what you mean by this. But he is not the first person to have a tailspin launch. And tailspin just became an extension in this game....
Jin could do Tail spin launch as a counter since Tekken 4 or 5 if i'm not mistaken, it became an universal extention in this game, for the other characters, but jin had these way before even T7 ever exist.

You can see in this video.

Jin could do Tail spin launch as a counter since Tekken 4 or 5 if i'm not mistaken, it became an universal extention in this game, for the other characters, but jin had these way before even T7 ever exist.

You can see in this video.

No I knew that. But you said he was the original but in pretty sure that launcher animation has been there for a while.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
No I knew that. But you said he was the original but in pretty sure that launcher animation has been there for a while.
Yeah, as far as i know, he was one of the few that could launch characters like that from counter only, latter on Kunimitsu on TTT2 also gained something similar, not sure who else, maybe Julia or Michelle in TTT2

haketh

Noob
I'm sure TYM cares very much about a game that even hardcore fans are looking at in a funny way.
Except after finally playing it after FR all complaints have pretty much died, the gamae is pretty much an improvement all around. Only iffy thing is throw techs.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
OP how can you get excited for something like this after watching all the amazing MKX stuff? I used to play Tekken and Street fighter games alot, MK9 is the first non-crossover mortal kombat game i ever played, it killed other fighting games for me. I simply can't enjoy other fighters anymore. They look aesthetically unpleasant compared to NRS games, not to mention same copy paste animations. Can't believe Tekken 7 and MKX are both supposed to be next gen.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
OP how can you get excited for something like this after watching all the amazing MKX stuff? I used to play Tekken and Street fighter games alot, MK9 is the first non-crossover mortal kombat game i ever played, it killed other fighting games for me. I simply can't enjoy other fighters anymore. They look aesthetically unpleasant compared to NRS games, not to mention same copy paste animations. Can't believe Tekken 7 and MKX are both supposed to be next gen.
So...opinions? lol. Anyway, Tekken 7 actually looks really good graphically. I've been itching to get back into a 3d fighter and it will probably be Tekken 7, but I'm hoping SC VI is around the bin instead.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Granted I haven't really followed Tekken in a hardcore way ever, the game just looks the same to me, and has looked the same to me, since T3.

The characters look the same, they move the same, the game seemingly plays the same since the days of the old arcades, albeit move lists have changed / been updated, and a few (many?) system changes have occurred.

Looking at that Jin "reveal" was boring; sorry. Jin is my favorite character from Tekken (he's been my favorite since T3), but Tekken IMO has just become stale and pretty boring.

I'd love to love it again, but it would really need to reinvent itself in my eyes.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Df4, uf2 and 4 launch on CH now, although the ch 4 launch seems kinda inconsistent. 4 on normal hit wallsplats if you are close enough to the wall. cd4 gives a tailspin combo now. B4 no longer gives a a face down head towards knockdown and with the loss of bind CDS4 no longer grants a combo at the wall.

note the uf2 wall combos with 1+2 follow-ups. Looks dirty. Uf2 has to be unsafe on block now or that move is too good.

And yeah, EWHF launches on normal hit now, regular cd2 doesn't. Jin will definitely be really strong in this game.