What's new

Video/Tutorial - High Tech This Is Fine.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Listen... I won't even front. I took her online so I could get "free wins" with this. I ain't won shit. I've been strugglin'.
Haha that's what I mean. On paper or training mode she looks stupid, but take her into a couple of games and you go, "Ohhhh, now I see why she sucks."

I should also clarify, I'm not saying that something like this isn't really good, just that given it's limited to Jacqui it's not exceptional. Think of how Joker has unblockable setups and a block infinite in Injustice. Stupid good tools, but he had no real way to abuse them properly.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I remember when I thought Jacqui was good, a secret high tier character that people slept on, and I was upplaying for months. Then everyone learned the MU and well here I am, playing D'Vorah and Johnny...

I apologize to both the Jacqui community and the TYM community for my previous blasphemous comments. It shall never happen again.

Malarkey

"What's that? Something like underground?"
If your opponent neutral jumps midscreen Jacqui's f12 will whiff, allowing a full combo punish.

Edit: Test a little further and with good timing the f1 will hit but the 2 will whiff, getting you out of the situation midscreen. But in the corner the f12 will connect, and you can charge the QB for a full combo.

1212 x QB run still jails however, this is just for what was shown in the video.

Edit 2: I can't seem to make 1212 jail if the opponent is crouch blocking, and they can crouch during the block string. Is it possible?

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If your opponent neutral jumps midscreen Jacqui's f12 will whiff, allowing a full combo punish.

Edit: Test a little further and with good timing the f1 will hit but the 2 will whiff, getting you out of the situation midscreen. But in the corner the f12 will connect, and you can charge the QB for a full combo.

1212 x QB run still jails however, this is just for what was shown in the video.

Edit 2: I can't seem to make 1212 jail if the opponent is crouch blocking, and they can crouch during the block string. Is it possible?
1212 is chat specific. Also has tight timing. It is a true block strong however.

Malarkey

1212 is chat specific. Also has tight timing. It is a true block strong however.
So I've tested most of the cast now, and the two characters r I've found that is jailed by 1212 x QB, run, 1212... Etc while they are crouch blocking is Ferra/Torr and Kotal. I tried all the big bodies, and none of them besides F/T are jailed if they crouch block during the string, including Goro, Jax, Predator, Quan Chi, Raiden, etc. Although it still breaks the armor of characters like Predator and Takeda.

Is there any video of 1212 QB jailing while someone besides F/T or Kotal is crouch blocking? I don't think this is an execution problem, as I can make it jail while they are stand blocking consistently and I'm using my hitbox.

Edited to add Kotal*

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So I've tested most of the cast now, and the single character I've found that is jailed by 1212 x QB, run, 1212... Etc while they are crouch blocking is Ferra/Torr. I tried all the big bodies, and none of them besides F/T are jailed if they crouch block during the string, including Goro, Jax, Predator, Quan Chi, Raiden, etc. Although it still breaks the armor of characters like Predator and Takeda.

Is there any video of 1212 QB jailing while someone besides F/T is crouch blocking? I don't think this is an execution problem, as I can make it jail while they are stand blocking consistently and I'm using my hitbox.
I think @rev0lver did it to me at Defend The North but I can't remember. Is it a jail?

Malarkey

I think @rev0lver did it to me at Defend The North but I can't remember. Is it a jail?
Were you trying to armor out and also crouch blocking? Even on F/T or Kotal the timing is as strict as it gets. Much more difficult than most any cancel I can think of besides D'vorah's B1.

Edit: I take it back, they are definitely more difficult than D'vorah's B1 cancel.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Were you trying to armor out and also crouch blocking? Even on F/T or Kotal the timing is as strict as it gets. Much more difficult than most any cancel I can think of besides D'vorah's B1.
I definitely remember trying to armor and getting hit at one point. Gonna have to double check with him. They are definitely harder than most cancels in the game for sure though.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
So I've tested most of the cast now, and the two characters r I've found that is jailed by 1212 x QB, run, 1212... Etc while they are crouch blocking is Ferra/Torr and Kotal. I tried all the big bodies, and none of them besides F/T are jailed if they crouch block during the string, including Goro, Jax, Predator, Quan Chi, Raiden, etc. Although it still breaks the armor of characters like Predator and Takeda.

Is there any video of 1212 QB jailing while someone besides F/T or Kotal is crouch blocking? I don't think this is an execution problem, as I can make it jail while they are stand blocking consistently and I'm using my hitbox.

Edited to add Kotal*
That's similar to the results I got while testing it a while back. I think the execution barrier makes it hard to test though. I can barely get her other run cancels like b14~QBRC, 1212 to jail. This is probably even more strict.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I definitely remember trying to armor and getting hit at one point. Gonna have to double check with him. They are definitely harder than most cancels in the game for sure though.

@Malarkey I dug up an old Revolver quote from when he found the tech:
some of the ones it works on were extremely inconsistent, like Cage and Scorpion, and could potentially have actual inconsistency in the pushback or something going on. but some i was able to be pretty consistent with, such as Lao, Predator, FT (obviously), Goro, and Shinnok. also with some of the characters it doesn't work on, you can still stuff their armored reversals, you just have to worry about pokes

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
JaQuanchi Briggs confirmed top tier.

I'm maybe wierd but anytime I see Cassie I go JaQuanchi. Other then the dialogue being Godlike (Stahp It!!)) I just feel like I have an answer to everything she does. Then I get cuntpunched and go back to Kitana so I can spam glaives all day. B1 into d3 still bodies me though....fml.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Plz explain my video then I am confused :((((
It's late and I'm tired but can someone explain why this is happening? Training mode bug?

The only variable in your video is when you start holding block as KL. My guess is this changes the blocking animation. As KL breathes, his hurtbox shrinks and expands. When it expands, your knee hits him earlier in the animation, which affects how the next block animation plays out and the gap between the knee and QB. This affects KL's hurtbox again during the blocked QB. The later the QB hits them, the more advantage she has. That's my hypothesis at least.

I slowed down the video to .25% in youtube and watched the animation play out. Watch KL's left hand right before he gets hit by the QB. Sometimes it is outstretched towards Jacqui, sometimes it is closer to his own body (earlier in the animation). When it is outstretched all the way by Jacqui's belt (later in the animation), he gets hit by the next knee.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young

Edited to add Kotal*
I made a list of characters a while ago but idk where it is lol. It does work on many more characters than that, it's just a tighter link.

Also this isn't that big of a deal. A lot of characters can get out of it and it's a situational thing that only works if you get charges up and you're in the corner the opponent doesn't have armor. The 1212 thing is theoretically more messed up.

Also I just tested this and you can double backdash in the corner, so it's kinda similar to the 4~qb thing

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
The only variable in your video is when you start holding block as KL. My guess is this changes the blocking animation. As KL breathes, his hurtbox shrinks and expands. When it expands, your knee hits him earlier in the animation, which affects how the next block animation plays out and the gap between the knee and QB. This affects KL's hurtbox again during the blocked QB. The later the QB hits them, the more advantage she has. That's my hypothesis at least.

I slowed down the video to .25% in youtube and watched the animation play out. Watch KL's left hand right before he gets hit by the QB. Sometimes it is outstretched towards Jacqui, sometimes it is closer to his own body (earlier in the animation). When it is outstretched all the way by Jacqui's belt (later in the animation), he gets hit by the next knee.
The breathing hurtboxes strike back

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I made a list of characters a while ago but idk where it is lol. It does work on many more characters than that, it's just a tighter link.

Also I just tested this and you can double backdash in the corner, so it's kinda similar to the 4~qb thing
Interesting about the double backdash, but that's all their stamina, so it's pretty risky.

I dug up your old post and you had said it works pretty consistently on Lao, Predator, FT, Goro, and Shinnok.

The breathing hurtboxes strike back
At this point, it seems to be the only explanation. This is the second example in a week where KL is involved in weird frame-data shenanigans.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Interesting about the double backdash, but that's all their stamina, so it's pretty risky.
I guess but I just don't think we should be freaking out about something that you can counter with armor or stamina. Like at worst you have to take a couple reps before you have options if it happens right after a breaker.