What's new

Video/Tutorial - High Tech This Is Fine.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
... This thread wtf

Even Quan can armor out of this (between the 4 and QB, and if they hold it then it's a bigger gap and you can poke or do whatever) so let's not make this seem like some breakthrough, especially coz it's been known since June <___>

HT is still the ultimate "theory fighter" variation, it does crazy damage and has mad frametraps and block loops IF you get them to the corner and have gauntlet charge AND they have no meter to armor

This is the reason i picked up hightech. You never get minus, all u have are gaps, shes always plus 2 or something. If a player can deal with her lack of good advancing string, she would be deadly, her corner game is Nuts. You Seeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! @Damaja325

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
The thing in the video should also work mid screen.
That's the reason of this thread right?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
The thing in the video should also work mid screen.
That's the reason of this thread right?
It kind of does work mid-screen, but backdashes work even better there. The tech is pretty good actually. There is a better chip string out there with no gaps but it's very hard to execute. This is easy to execute, but hard to set up because of the limited time in lvl1 gauntlets. Also, it's hard to keep going in a real match because they will either armor out or get hit by something and the gauntlet will knock them down for like 20%.

It's good but far from broken. Hi Tech is still a low tier variation, imo.

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Whelp. I've been told multiple times that you "deserve" to lose if you get cornered by this character. I'm done. Some of you guys are ridiculous.
There's theory fighting and there's practicality. You maybe think we haven't tried this ourselves? Did you not think that maybe the people who main the character and have done for much longer than you have tested this themselves enough to be able to say that it's pretty impractical? We're not just telling you this because "lel downplaying", we're telling you this because there's more than just the lab and a few games with someone who doesn't know the matchup. This is the equivalent of a combo video with someone doing a jump in punch at the start.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
There's theory fighting and there's practicality. You maybe think we haven't tried this ourselves? Did you not think that maybe the people who main the character and have done for much longer than you have tested this themselves enough to be able to say that it's pretty impractical? We're not just telling you this because "lel downplaying", we're telling you this because there's more than just the lab and a few games with someone who doesn't know the matchup. This is the equivalent of a combo video with someone doing a jump in punch at the start.
Fair enough.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
The issue High Tech has is that her range is so pathetic, she rarely gets the chance to land any of her big damage gauntlet charge combos in a practical situation against a good player.
Oh i know i was serious lol im ok with her having it for that exact reason haha

Also off topic i just picked up sorcerer quan ur video guide has been an incredible help

Idk
Who even cares?
Jaqcui sucks, so everything doesn't matter.
You found an infinite combo?
She needs it cause she can't control space
Killme
DF Liu Kang has a block infinite plus his really good tools and he can still lose
whereas Jacqui has terrible tools so a block infinite might not even help her that much.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Fair enough.
Sorry if I came across a little hostile there, I just really like Jacqui (Shotgun anyway) and it pisses me off when I'm trying to pressure and I can't use the normals I want to because they don't reach or I somehow missed the 3 frame window that I have to do them :( I can understand why people want to say she's great when looking at her tools in a vacuum but they tend not to look at where she really struggles which is in neutral considering other characters have insane reach on their normals or their advancing mids are faster and in general she just can't compete, even with her amazing walkspeed.