What's new

This Is A Hunt I've Longed For: Cheetah General Discussion

geogeolivero

Sindel where are you
Hey guys any tips fighting a good Cyborg that knows how to zone effectively. I tried with (Air) predator pounce it helps a to reach closer, leaping is stuffed like 80% of the time. Hmmmm any ideas? Thanks ;)

cashthesehands

monster masher
Hey guys any tips fighting a good Cyborg that knows how to zone effectively. I tried with (Air) predator pounce it helps a to reach closer, leaping is stuffed like 80% of the time. Hmmmm any ideas? Thanks ;)
Yea pounce gets shut down hard. You have to learn how to walk again. I've had some luck with short pounces, but it's always a risk. Shorter stages help. Once you get him knocked down it gets easier. This and Darkseid are my least favorites to play with Cheetah.

geogeolivero

Sindel where are you
Yea pounce gets shut down hard. You have to learn how to walk again. I've had some luck with short pounces, but it's always a risk. Shorter stages help. Once you get him knocked down it gets easier. This and Darkseid are my least favorites to play with Cheetah.
That EMU hurts fingers from being patience and hurts more when they start t-bagging and you loose hahaha. Im gonna keep practising, see what I can find.

Hey guys wondering if anyone has ever been successful with staggering some of cheetahs strings? If so which ones? She's not plus off of any besides 11 (a high starter), but is anyone finding any strings that get respected to be able to enforce a mix on hit/block?

Sidenote: after a dbf1 ender, dash up b12 has worked wonders on oki especially on delayed wu. Condition b12 then do b1xdbf1 to full combo them for a bar. After they get used to that, b2 1+3 dd will gurantee damage on block/hit if they just keep blocking any oki you do.
B2 (throw) is rarely seen and the dd version allows a safe dashup.

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

Hey guys wondering if anyone has ever been successful with staggering some of cheetahs strings? If so which ones? She's not plus off of any besides 11 (a high starter), but is anyone finding any strings that get respected to be able to enforce a mix on hit/block?

Sidenote: after a dbf1 ender, dash up b12 has worked wonders on oki especially on delayed wu. Condition b12 then do b1xdbf1 to full combo them for a bar. After they get used to that, b2 1+3 dd will gurantee damage on block/hit if they just keep blocking any oki you do.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator

The normal attacks I stagger:

Forward 2

Her actual stagger pressure is more nuanced than a lot of others though because she's staggering off of things by utilizing her leap into her air command grab, jump normals and other attacks just not simply ground based.

In my opinion though as a general rule she should be using trait for the immense chip then weave back out and come back in and then mix in her MB blood lunge to punish people.

Her strings with gaps like 3,3,2 are also especially excellent for the aforementioned stagger pressure and you can abuse people trying to evade her plus frames off of this string with a close leap into full combo. You got trait on and tag someone trying to back dash those plus frames they'll reconsider trying to slide out like soap so hastily.

Then you throw in MB lunge at various points of the strings and they're left uncomfortable and vulnerable. It's all about setting up scenarios where you got the best odds of coming out on top with your mind games or at the very least you're taking less risks.

She's definitely hit and run of the highest order.

So I've been trying to work on Cheetahs non existent footsies by trying out her strings in the neutral. Here's what I've come up with if anyone is interested.

So far B12(THROW) Has been my go to in the neutral. It's by far her most forward advancing string. The overhead will catch people ducking in the neutral, if so, you can hit confirm to BC B3 or db2. If blocked practice buffering into pounce and back up or leap across. The downside of using this string is recovery on whiffing,but when you think about it that is normal on all characters, she has about 23recovery frames on whiff of the full string. If you only do b12 its 30 frames of recovery. Almost better to do the full thing on whiff or dont do it and get closer.

Im going to experiment with her 12(throw) string as well since the range on the throwing part is really deceiving.

The best part i found about these options/strings is they end in throws and are awkward to interrupt since they have a throw in the string to catch button presses.

What do u guys think (if anyone is still out there in Cheetah Land lol)?

So far B12(THROW) Has been my go to in the neutral. It's by far her most forward advancing string. The overhead will catch people ducking in the neutral, if so, you can hit confirm to BC B3 or db2. If blocked practice buffering into pounce and back up or leap across. The downside of using this string is recovery on whiffing,but when you think about it that is normal on all characters, she has about 23recovery frames on whiff of the full string. If you only do b12 its 30 frames of recovery. Almost better to do the full thing on whiff or dont do it and get closer.
I'm going to have to rain on your parade and point out that b12 is a complete and utter gimmick. On top of being able to block the overhead on reaction with a bit of practice, your opponent can easily interrupt with a fast normal between the first and second hits. Pretty much everyone can get d1~special, and many can get a d2 combo. The fun part is that you can't even mix in b11 to catch them out, because your opponent can buffer a d1 or d2 while still crouch blocking...

121+3 is less of a gimmick. They can backdash to avoid the throw, or if they're feeling gutsy they can jump out of it, but there are ways to counter both of those. Unlike b1 there's a genuine guessing game involved.

Being honest when it comes to neutral I live and die by d3, f3, d1 and 112.

I'm going to have to rain on your parade and point out that b12 is a complete and utter gimmick. On top of being able to block the overhead on reaction with a bit of practice, your opponent can easily interrupt with a fast normal between the first and second hits. Pretty much everyone can get d1~special, and many can get a d2 combo. The fun part is that you can't even mix in b11 to catch them out, because your opponent can buffer a d1 or d2 while still crouch blocking...

121+3 is less of a gimmick. They can backdash to avoid the throw, or if they're feeling gutsy they can jump out of it, but there are ways to counter both of those. Unlike b1 there's a genuine guessing game involved.

Being honest when it comes to neutral I live and die by d3, f3, d1 and 112.
I get what your saying but I'm mainly talking about when your really just shimmying back and forth and where someone like the flash/manta is in complete control you can atleast compete(weakly i may add lol) with b12. When it comes to it its all on timing and the opponents reactions to it. I believe most would be looking for a jumpin/f3/d3.

You should try it. I've actually had decent success. What would be deadly is if they gave her the meterburned version of b121+3 :)

I get what your saying but I'm mainly talking about when your really just shimmying back and forth and where someone like the flash/manta is in complete control you can atleast compete(weakly i may add lol) with b12. When it comes to it its all on timing and the opponents reactions to it. I believe most would be looking for a jumpin/f3/d3.

You should try it. I've actually had decent success. What would be deadly is if they gave her the meterburned version of b121+3 :)

b121+3 MB is actually one of her gear abilities, and it is pretty cool because there's enough of a bounce to follow up with b3 or f3 afterwards. b121+3 MB f3 112 dbf1 is a basic combo which does great damage.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I use b12 occasionally as a 'litmus test' for how well the opponent knows the matchup, and as a general rule if it works more than once it clues me in that they'll fall for all sorts of other disrespectful gameplay as well.

And tbf, we're more than one year into Injustice 2's lifespan, and a shocking number of people still try to counterattack after a blocked f3. So if they let you get away with b12 by all means keep doing it - just don't necessarily be surprised when a solid player comes along and blows you up for it later lol

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator

The best option if you're trying to play a ground game with her string wise is her 2,2,3 string due to respectable range, speed and safety on block of all parts of the string. 1,2, grab is solid because it lures the opponent into a false sense of security trying to whiff punish you or under estimating her due to her poor ranging and blowing them up/sending them to the corner for their troubles.

There's absolutely no mix up from Back 1,2, throw and not only are there gaps but all versions are unsafe anyway. You don't even have to be a learned Cheetah jurist to fuck with that string. Risk/reward is just not worthwhile.

If you're trying to play footsies use her back 2, throw options because it's legitimately safe with a throw and side switch option rolled into one and you can utilize leap and a variety of other options with it. It's 15 frames and -5 but as stated you can utilize multiple options to keep mind games open and avoid pressure.

The reality is for the most part her footsies are outstanding when she's airborne and weak on the ground, it's a trade off we have to adapt to if we're going to play her.

The people that crush leap and her attempts to get in hard you just more or less should focus on 2,2,3 and Back 2 throw/various options + sweep + Forward 3/Back 3. Back 1,1, Down 3 and Forward 2, 3 have their own niches/purposes as well.

That's good to note, ive actually been using her b2 alot more. Even in the cases of pokewars. Atleast gurantee some damage on hit or block

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
There is no footsies with Cheetah, you will lose if you try to play them.

The main goal with Cheetah is to grab a life lead and run away for the rest of the match and capitalize on their aggression. Once you land any kind of hit you need to confirm into the highest damage and end with db2 knockdown and stay in until you aren't.

She needs buffs if she is ever going to be competitive.

Air DB2 needs better priority, D3 -7, trait needs a damage nerf but utility buff (perhaps small percentage regeneration), she needs a proper conversion without bounce cancel (b121+3 mb gear move would sort this), 1 command grab that hits mid and scales hard (around 250 for full 1 bar combo)

In her current state she has overpowered damage but is too linear in her approach leaving it very difficult to enforce anything on her opponents. Having said that her command grab B&B is air escape full combo punish, the conversion to counter is around 300; this really hurts her if the opponent has 2 bars.

In you guys opinion, how could a neutral pounce cancel help/hurt Cheetah? What would balance giving her that type of buff?

I feel she is badly designed on her ground game, she has to rely too much on being in the air and dashing back and forth. IMO when she gets in just relying on scoring a hit and running is cringy. I played a really good Grodd and his stampede cancels were so on point and unpredictable that i felt jailed into unrelentless pressure (though my knowledge on the frames of his cancels is lacking) when I did try to poke I was beat for a full combo. Cheetah would be alot more fun with a mechanic similar

In you guys opinion, how could a neutral pounce cancel help/hurt Cheetah? What would balance giving her that type of buff?

I feel she is badly designed on her ground game, she has to rely too much on being in the air and dashing back and forth. IMO when she gets in just relying on scoring a hit and running is cringy. I played a really good Grodd and his stampede cancels were so on point and unpredictable that i felt jailed into unrelentless pressure (though my knowledge on the frames of his cancels is lacking) when I did try to poke I was beat for a full combo. Cheetah would be alot more fun with a mechanic similar

Well well well. I guess I was jailed into almost all his cancels since they are all plus or neutral on block smdh

F2~SC IS +5, B1~SC IS+7, S2~SC IS +1, 2,2~SC IS NEUTRAL, 112~SC IS +10, B2~SC IS +2, D2~SC IS SAFE

^^^
wth

DTruth

Noob
Are Cheetah's air to air attacks bad or am I doing something wrong? I feel like all my jump attacks get beat out easy.

Canary's J1 just beat my J2 straight out...im clearly doing something wrong.
Its all about mastering J2 and when doing air to air hit 2 as early as possible. Also if your doing it from pounce I believe only j1 comes out at the fastest frame but has less priority. Then depending on the opponent and if they have instant jump normals you can get fkd easily. Like superman, fate, black adam, and firestorm.

I've been working on making my leaps less predictable by doing alot of pounce dash cancels pouncing short and medium instead of full screen. Itll make them whiff normals or specials and on landing you can immediately b3/f3 (add meter for security) if your in range. It can also cause crossups once you get in range depending on the character

geogeolivero

Sindel where are you
Hey Guys,

Whats is the most dissatisfying thing when you playing as Cheetah against another player?
Well mine is when a player does:
- Delayed wake-ups, after when you think I got this :p.
- Push block
- Counter pick
I'm curious what's yours?