What's new

This is a big problem.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The hitboxes in this game sadly a joke and very, very inconsistent. You never know what's going to happen with situations like that, as someone who mains both of those characters. Sometimes that string hits, other times it clips, other times it whiffs completely and other times people somehow jump over it...

Slymind

Noob
I thought this was intentional? I've faced Jades and from a certain frame, that overhead does not connect on airborne. It's the same for Kotal's amplifyied Xolal Quake, the overhead will go through aerial opponents half way through the animation.

Not denying the overall hitbox issues, but this particular case, seems to be intentional and not only for Jade as i said.

Denny

Noob
I thought this was intentional? I've faced Jades and from a certain frame, that overhead does not connect on airborne. It's the same for Kotal's amplifyied Xolal Quake, the overhead will go through aerial opponents half way through the animation.

Not denying the overall hitbox issues, but this particular case, seems to be intentional and not only for Jade as i said.
I need you to try something, please.
I'm NOT being snide, trying to be constructive.

Before you make a post like this. Go to practice mode and TRY your theory.

SEVERAL overheads do not have this problem.
EDIT: In fact MOST of them do not.
EDIT2: To clarify, overheads tend to work as anti-airs, and they are excellent at catching people who hold UP on oki.

Last edited:

Slymind

Noob
I need you to try something, please.
I'm NOT being snide, trying to be constructive.

Before you make a post like this. Go to practice mode and TRY your theory.

SEVERAL overheads do not have this problem.
EDIT: In fact MOST of them do not.
EDIT2: To clarify, overheads tend to work as anti-airs, and they are excellent at catching people who hold UP on oki.
Ok, then i hope they fix It, i just stated what happened according to my experience against Jade and playing as Kotal since day one and whiffing in the same fashion. I know overheads work as anti-airs, i just thought this particular one was intentional to working the way It does, that's It.

Denny

Noob
Ok, then i hope they fix It, i just stated what happened according to my experience against Jade and playing as Kotal since day one and whiffing in the same fashion. I know overheads work as anti-airs, i just thought this particular one was intentional to working the way It does, that's It.
I understand Kotal's problems as it were: he's Jade's husband so if she's the king of whiffing and bad hitboxes, he's the king. Thing is though, he has damage, setups and he's a lot less vulnerable to being straight up stifled by just superior frame data, superior damage, superior hitboxes, just superior everything ever.

mrapchem

Noob
Yeah, I don't play Jade, but it's clear as day that this is entirely messed up. There are so many mids from so many characters that can't be jumped over because they AA people. Yet we have a string that has two hits coming from the air to the ground and they somehow don't hit aerial opponents.