What's new

This community and Match Ups

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I've actually asked various people to play me over the past few weeks. Not a single one has ever even responded back to let me know if it will or wont happen. Not worried about it now I'll just play ranked and PL whenever he has time since he seams to share the same problem I have.
I'm not upper level in the least bit, but I'd be glad to play a long set against a good GL player, I do need to work on that mu.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I've said this before, sf2 turbo players have been having matchups changed for 20 YEARS!!!!!. As much as people hate to say it, a year or even 2 years isn't enough to see things fully for a fighting game. Who knows what would've happened in mk9 had we gave it one more year and etc. Now granted some games it seemed blatantly obvious who were the best characters (like mvc2 and umk3), but still i'm sure they found some things that changed that factor. Overall, many want to discuss matchups, but it is true that we shouldn't have a number completely set in stone after like a few months or what not. Heck we can't even get a damn tier list for this game that many can agree on, so we know we don't know the matchups super well yet.

Case in point is in umvc3 where firebrand for the longest time was considered a low mid tier character. Ever since his unblockable was discovered, ud be hard pressed to find a tier list that doesn't list him lower than a tier.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
First to 100 will determine a MU

yo.... i heard you did ft 100.... but me and my brother did FT500 and our results were different

WELL YOU SSUCK MAN CUZ WE DID FT2000!!!!!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
This is so true. That bub probably sleeps with a Bane toy.
I don't even like Bane as a character :( I like the way he handles and how he is a seemingly limitless well of tech potential. I'm more of a Flash fan than anything.

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
People people, MU numbers do present one thing that'll never change, it presents how easy a character is to learn, not to master. When a new player picks HQ he'll most likely lose more matches than if he chose Batman.
The entire point of MU lists is to fill the online rooms with "top tiers" = see the same character again and again.

I'm a new player, I get destroyed less and less by top tiers, but I really think that that's the definition of top tiers.

Reborn

Noob
Personally I love match up numbers! More importantly, I love the discussion that goes along with the numbers. It is a way to analyze the strengths and weaknesses of your character compared to the rest of the cast on a character by character basis.

The problem I have with a lot of the match up talk on the forums is that people put personal bias when giving a number. They try to use these numbers as a crutch to justify a win or a loss. At the end of the day, the numbers are just theory and a lot more goes into an actual match than just a scouting report.

It is important to realize all match up numbers are DYNAMIC! As characters and players evolve, so do their corresponding match ups.

Agree with CD jr, I remember when IGAU released and ChrisG did his Fingercramp stream he said that the object of the game is to basically do "Something something B3, something something" *finish combo*. Honestly, there isn't much you can do with the game.