What's new

Third party PS4 devices desyncing/disconnecting issues?

protools27

Rebel without a scene
For what it's worth, this is definitely NOT a hitbox-specific issue. My Etokki Omni started to time out in the last few days as well.
Thanks for your response. Since it seems to be multiple platforms and not just the hitbox, i would like to open this up in an effort to raise awareness. Could a mod change the title to third party devices not working to get more feedback and try to get this more widely known? @SneakyTortoise @Mikemetroid

TKB

Noob
Thanks for your response. Since it seems to be multiple platforms and not just the hitbox, i would like to open this up in an effort to raise awareness. Could a mod change the title to third party devices not working to get more feedback and try to get this more widely known? @SneakyTortoise @Mikemetroid
Yeah, I'm pretty confident it's an issue with the most recent PS4 update; it's likely going to come down to the individual companies that make our 3rd-party controllers to update their firmware so they don't time-out again.

I emailed Etokki customer support, I'll update with their response ASAP.

I was told that Sony released a stealth patch that blocks 3rd party PCB's. They are working on a new firmware that will hopefully be on the HitBox website soon.

Reactions: TKB
Anyone know if the official PS4 Hitbox uses the brooks universal? Could you theoretically flash it with the latest brooks firmware?

protools27

Rebel without a scene
For the hitbox players, I did get a response from the guys at hitbox. Apparently there is going to be a firmware update released in a few days to fix the issue. The email that I received reads:

There is a firmware update comming that will fix the issue. I am sorry for the trouble. We should have it released in a few days.

Shawn Huffer
Hit Box

So hopefully it's released soon.

TKB

Noob
For the hitbox players, I did get a response from the guys at hitbox. Apparently there is going to be a firmware update released in a few days to fix the issue. The email that I received reads:

There is a firmware update comming that will fix the issue. I am sorry for the trouble. We should have it released in a few days.

Shawn Huffer
Hit Box

So hopefully it's released soon.
Etokki also sent out a tweet regarding the issue: https://mobile.twitter.com/etokki/status/858278374908624896

Everyone is on top of it.