What's new

Third party PS4 devices desyncing/disconnecting issues?

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Anyone else have the PS4 hitbox from hitbox arcade and having issues with it randomly stop working mid match? It will either simply not register any input at all, or get stuck on an input and won't change (I.e walking forward, jumping etc). Me and a friend got our hit boxes around the same time and both starting having the issue today, so I doubt it's a coincidence.

Any help would be appreciated

Branden Delio

PSN: C9-Keiji
Same issue any help to solve this asap would be much appreciated as combo breaker is around the corner. Tried re flashing the 2016 firmware, didn't help. Emailed hit box, no response as of yet.

Thanks.

Brack1sh

Chimpanzee that!
Yea I just tried mine and had the same issue as well. Sounds like a firmware issue or something. Hopefully it can get fixed quickly

Belial

Noob
which hitbox is that? Apparently I had this issue a couple of times (like once in 1000 matches) on PS360+ motherboard (PS3 hitbox). Didnt try it with PS4 hitbox yet.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Anyone else have the PS4 hitbox from hitbox arcade and having issues with it randomly stop working mid match? It will either simply not register any input at all, or get stuck on an input and won't change (I.e walking forward, jumping etc). Me and a friend got our hit boxes around the same time and both starting having the issue today, so I doubt it's a coincidence.

Any help would be appreciated
That's normal. It's an issue with the Ps4 kicking out 3rd party controllers, not an issue with the Hitbox. If you have the most recent drivers (or at least, drivers from within the last 2 years or so), there is a shortcut to manually "reset" the Hitbox. I think it's RB+Select, but I'd have to check. That causes it to disconnect for a second or two, and then reconnect. I just do it between matches (even on PC, since I just do it without thinking, now). I'm responding from a shitty laptop on shitty wifi, but I can try to find links to the drivers and shortcut info for you. It was a hassle initially, but once you get set up and get in the habit of resetting, it's no problem.

You can also just unplug and replug the cord from the back of the hitbox.

[Edit]: Here is info on how to update the firmware (which should give you access to the shortcut): https://www.hitboxarcade.com/blogs/ps4-firmware-update. Still looking for info on the actual shortcut.

[Edit] Ha, just found my answer in another Hitbox thread. Here you go:

You need to make sure your firmware is totally up to date. PM me if you need help with that. Once it's up to date, the combo is R2+Select, then after a second or two you need to press the Home button and select your profile. It takes about 3 seconds in total.

Last edited:

Brack1sh

Chimpanzee that!
That's normal. It's an issue with the Ps4 kicking out 3rd party controllers, not an issue with the Hitbox. If you have the most recent drivers (or at least, drivers from within the last 2 years or so), there is a shortcut to manually "reset" the Hitbox. I think it's RB+Select, but I'd have to check. That causes it to disconnect for a second or two, and then reconnect. I just do it between matches (even on PC, since I just do it without thinking, now). I'm responding from a shitty laptop on shitty wifi, but I can try to find links to the drivers and shortcut info for you. It was a hassle initially, but once you get set up and get in the habit of resetting, it's no problem.

[Edit]: Here is info on how to update the firmware (which should give you access to the shortcut): https://www.hitboxarcade.com/blogs/ps4-firmware-update. Still looking for info on the actual shortcut.

You need to make sure your firmware is totally up to date. PM me if you need help with that. Once it's up to date, the combo is R2+Select, then after a second or two you need to press the Home button and select your profile. It takes about 3 seconds in total.
Thanks for the info, I'll give it a go. I've read about this before but mine never timed out before. Any idea why this might randomly pop up now?

Branden Delio

This is PS4 Hit Box.

So are you saying there is no actual fix? Only a shortcut to reset it if it happens?

What happens if it stops working mid match we still lose hp while its reconnecting for those couple seconds and we cant do anything?

Protools and I just bought these hit boxes a couple weeks ago so I would assume they would come with the most up to date firmware but just in case we followed the instructions on the link you provided last night after researching the problem and re flashed our hit boxes with the firmware listed there. It is still happening. We want a fix so we can use these in tournament without having to worry. We planned on attending Combo Breaker.

Thanks so much for the help and any further help any of you can provide means a lot as hit box customer service haven't responded as of yet.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
This is PS4 Hit Box.

So are you saying there is no actual fix? Only a shortcut to reset it if it happens?

What happens if it stops working mid match we still lose hp while its reconnecting for those couple seconds and we cant do anything?

Protools and I just bought these hit boxes a couple weeks ago so I would assume they would come with the most up to date firmware but just in case we followed the instructions on the link you provided last night after researching the problem and re flashed our hit boxes with the firmware listed there. It is still happening. We want a fix so we can use these in tournament without having to worry. We planned on attending Combo Breaker.

Thanks so much for the help and any further help any of you can provide means a lot as hit box customer service haven't responded as of yet.
Ah, I'm not totally sure. I just know there have been problems with Hitbox on Ps4 for a long time. Whenever I've had issues, I've just emailed Dustin and Shawn Huffer (the owners) and they've been able to help me out.

As far as the reset, it's like an 8-minute window before the Ps4 will boot you, so as long as you just reset between every match, it should never boot you mid-match.

Branden Delio

Ah, I'm not totally sure. I just know there have been problems with Hitbox on Ps4 for a long time. Whenever I've had issues, I've just emailed Dustin and Shawn Huffer (the owners) and they've been able to help me out.

As far as the reset, it's like an 8-minute window before the Ps4 will boot you, so as long as you just reset between every match, it should never boot you mid-match.

Ahhhh ok makes sense because it's a time out issue, ok so as long as you reset every match your good ok thanks man. I emailed [email protected] and told them about my issue. Do you have a different email that we could reach out and get a faster or better response from or is that like just for you cus you know them?

Thanks a lot!

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Ahhhh ok makes sense because it's a time out issue, ok so as long as you reset every match your good ok thanks man. I emailed [email protected] and told them about my issue. Do you have a different email that we could reach out and get a faster or better response from or is that like just for you cus you know them?

Thanks a lot!
I can't remember what email I used, but I'm on my phone now, so can't look it up. I'll check when I'm back to my computer, though. And no, I don't know them, I just had some issues with my first hitbox a few years ago and for whatever reason, I was able to deal directly with them. Probably because they were still a crazy small company.

chores

bad at things
the de-sync was for ps3 hitboxes, the new ps4 ones should never have that issue. i think hitbox support is your best bet, not sure how to expedite your request

Branden Delio

the de-sync was for ps3 hitboxes, the new ps4 ones should never have that issue. i think hitbox support is your best bet, not sure how to expedite your request
Thats weird, we emailed their support so will see what happens in the meantime will continue to use reset work around and hope for a fix.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
I can't remember what email I used, but I'm on my phone now, so can't look it up. I'll check when I'm back to my computer, though. And no, I don't know them, I just had some issues with my first hitbox a few years ago and for whatever reason, I was able to deal directly with them. Probably because they were still a crazy small company.
So I am trying to do this reset and it's not working, so I wanted to clarify. So I'm playing injustice, every once in a while I would hit R2 (third button from the left on the bottom row) and select (middle button on the top of the hitbox). Only thing I see change is that my PS4 takes a screenshot, I guess from hitting the select button.

After a little bit my controller dies mid match. I try hitting the reset again with no results, I try hitting the home button and get no results, nothing. No response at all. I can unplug it and plug it back in, and it will work again but only temporarily.

Is there something that I am missing?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
So I am trying to do this reset and it's not working, so I wanted to clarify. So I'm playing injustice, every once in a while I would hit R2 (third button from the left on the bottom row) and select (middle button on the top of the hitbox). Only thing I see change is that my PS4 takes a screenshot, I guess from hitting the select button.

After a little bit my controller dies mid match. I try hitting the reset again with no results, I try hitting the home button and get no results, nothing. No response at all. I can unplug it and plug it back in, and it will work again but only temporarily.

Is there something that I am missing?
Next time you play, unplug and replug yout controller and time how long it takes to crap out. Then do it again. If it's the same time, then it's almost certainly the ps4 booting you. If it's a different time, it could be something wrong with the ps4 or the hitbox.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Next time you play, unplug and replug yout controller and time how long it takes to crap out. Then do it again. If it's the same time, then it's almost certainly the ps4 booting you. If it's a different time, it could be something wrong with the ps4 or the hitbox.
Ok. I really don't want to have to unplug and plug it in every match. Can't imagine that's good on the port. My PS4 is literally brand new, got it like 2 weeks ago. What specifically are you doing when you are hitting R2 + select?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Ok. I really don't want to have to unplug and plug it in every match. Can't imagine that's good on the port. My PS4 is literally brand new, got it like 2 weeks ago. What specifically are you doing when you are hitting R2 + select?
When you hit those (simultaneously) it should disconnect the hitbox. You then hit the Home button to reconnect.

And you don't need to unplug it from the ps4. Just unplug the cord from the back of the hitbox and plug it in. And just do it two or three times to measure the time.

Have you updated the firmware?

protools27

Rebel without a scene
When you hit those (simultaneously) it should disconnect the hitbox. You then hit the Home button to reconnect.

And you don't need to unplug it from the ps4. Just unplug the cord from the back of the hitbox and plug it in. And just do it two or three times to measure the time.

Have you updated the firmware?
Yea I've updated the firmware, and the new hitboxes you can't unplug the cord from the back of the hitbox any more. You can't unplug it anymore from the box itself. Check out the pics on hitboxarcade.com, you will see what I mean.

Honestly I think this is a new glitch. Me and @Branden Delio got out boxes like a week a part, played them without issues for a month, and then the same day we get the same issue. I would imagine it's something software related, but it's really annoying. Emailed hitbox twice and haven't gotten a response.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yea I've updated the firmware, and the new hitboxes you can't unplug the cord from the back of the hitbox any more. You can't unplug it anymore from the box itself. Check out the pics on hitboxarcade.com, you will see what I mean.

Honestly I think this is a new glitch. Me and @Branden Delio got out boxes like a week a part, played them without issues for a month, and then the same day we get the same issue. I would imagine it's something software related, but it's really annoying. Emailed hitbox twice and haven't gotten a response.
I just looked through my email, and my last contact was in 2013 at the email address you already have. I have a card somewhere at home with their email address that I can try to find (I get home tomorrow night).

Even if they made the cord a permanent fixture, it won't hurt your ps4 to unplug the cord a few times from the ps4 to see if it's a specific time or a random time until you get booted.

Brack1sh

Chimpanzee that!
I noticed there's a few other folks posting about this on reddit and twitter. Looks like the ps4 may have had a stealth update recently or something that's messing with the converters. Definitely looks like a new firmware issue or something at the moment. I'm guessing we might need to wait for a new update for the time being.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
I noticed there's a few other folks posting about this on reddit and twitter. Looks like the ps4 may have had a stealth update recently or something that's messing with the converters. Definitely looks like a new firmware issue or something at the moment. I'm guessing we might need to wait for a new update for the time being.
This wouldn't surprise me one bit, I think it's something new that Sony changed without warning, because I've been using the hitbox since I got it a little more than a month ago same as @Branden Delio and had literally no issues until yesterday.

TKB

Noob
For what it's worth, this is definitely NOT a hitbox-specific issue. My Etokki Omni started to time out in the last few days as well.