What's new

Thinking of Picking Up Skarlet

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
As the title says, I'm thinking about picking up Skarlet just because she looks so cool. Generally, I lean toward more aggressive, pressure-heavy characters, but obviously that's not her gameplan.

Which tournament variation would be easier for me to adjust to? Is one just objectively better than the other? Just looking for any tips, thanks!

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
I would say that in most cases, the variation with the Teleport and the Parry is the better one to use. You won't be cornered as easily and the parry helps deal with pressure.

Against characters lacking teleports, the other variation has its advantages. Cell Siphon will allow you to keep pressure going if you want with a mild frame advantage, but modifying the speed of blood ball allows for interesting set ups and traps.

Generally, you'll want to use her fast movement speed and ranged normals to outspace, punish and anger your opponent. B3 is a fast, decently ranged low that can be cancelled to one of her projectiles. Use bf2 for health regen on hit amplify or plus1 frame advantage on block. Blood ball for set ups. B34 will combo in the corner.

If you use b2, make sure it hits. Punishable on block. Once it's hit, they'll probably want to block high for fear of the KB, so throw or B3 after. Against teleport characters, DON'T THROW ANY PROJECTILE 2 OR MORE TIMES IN A ROW. Especially Scorpion.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Always cancel d4 into Blood Tentacle if you decide to use it. It's good vs characters with advancing high attacks.