What's new

Thinking of picking up Noob but I have a few questions for you guys....

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
So let's get this out of the way....why do I want to pick up Noob? Because hes cool af.
But the thing is, I like to play a more rushdown/space controlling kind of game instead of a zoning one (hence why I play Frost)

• So I was wondering what tournament version of NS is best suited for this style of play?
  • And if no tourney versions are, what is the best customized version for this?
  • Finally, I know it's early, but does he have some serious weaknesses? For example, I can tell you frost has issues punishing certain attacks with a pushback because of her t-rex arms, or she has difficulty starting her pressure after hit confirming a poke because her mids are slow af. Anything clearly problematic like that for Noob?

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
So let's get this out of the way....why do I want to pick up Noob? Because hes cool af.
But the thing is, I like to play a more rushdown/space controlling kind of game instead of a zoning one (hence why I play Frost)

• So I was wondering what tournament version of NS is best suited for this style of play?
His second variation, Dark Sabbath I think it's called has more options for this play style.
  • And if no tourney versions are, what is the best customized version for this?
Probably the teleport extender, anti air sickle and the dive kick seems kind of broke.
  • Finally, I know it's early, but does he have some serious weaknesses? For example, I can tell you frost has issues punishing certain attacks with a pushback because of her t-rex arms, or she has difficulty starting her pressure after hit confirming a poke because her mids are slow af. Anything clearly problematic like that for Noob?
Doesn't really have overheads, he's more about spacing and whiff punishing but his normals are not the best but he makes up for in damage. His shadow tackle which is one of his main tools is lacking. He's still decent and fun to play.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Probably the teleport extender, anti air sickle and the dive kick seems kind of broke.
When u say broke, im assuming you mean really good?

Doesn't really have overheads, he's more about spacing and whiff punishing but his normals are not the best but he makes up for in damage.
Sounds like Frost lol

His shadow tackle which is one of his main tools is lacking.
In what way?

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
When u say broke, im assuming you mean really good?

Sounds like Frost lol

In what way?
Yeah it sounds really good I haven't really tried custom though. Sounds like it but he does have an advancing normal f2 to punish some moves sadly it doesn't combo into teleport mid screen.. The shadow tackle is just a slow projectile that dissapears when noob's hit, also hard to get this krushing blow (I've never gotten it playing Dark Sabbath)

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
Running Dark Sabbath for Ranked. He can get lamed out by a smart player with a lead, especially if that player is teching their throws.

For kustom I really like TP amplifier combo extender, the ability to air tp, and low slide. A little more aggressive with jump kicks then you get the mind game of connecting the jk which leads to a free amp tp or you do the tp early if you read an aa attempt. Then of course you mix in jp and empty jumps. Low slide gets them jumping more which lets you trade more jk for a full combo.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Custom combo I like the most is TP AMP combo extender, sickle snag [for letting you combo off his advancing f221 string for around 300-330 easy braindead damage, as well as ending regular combos with it for higher EASY undroppable damage], and the fast projectile [to get them defensive and making them jump or coming into f221 sickle snag AMP range.

Lot of success using these.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Lack of overheads but i suppose we just have to work in hop overheads
That's a lot easier said than done. Unless I'm playing a very defensive opponent, I have a very hard time setting anything up remotely viable to work in the hop/overheads. I'm sure as time goes on, more setups will pop-up but right now, I got nothin'.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
A lot is being said about Noob's lack of overhead options but he is strong just about everywhere else. When it's all said and done Noob seems top 10. Top 10 out of 25 is very good.

Shadow tackle is a mid projectile that does 10% damage. Any mid projectile has to be slow on startup for balance. Honestly it makes no sense for it to be an overhead, like in Mk9. Mk9 Noob was a very different character. Even with his mixup options with tackle and slide he wasn't that good. Mk11 Noob looks pretty solid in comparison.