What's new

They're after our Sonya

Cooscos hit the ring cancel twice if I remember correct. I play Deg fairly often who is probably a Top 10 Sonya user, for long sets and he hits the ring cancels any time he lands the low in the corner. If you're playing Sonya players who aren't capable of doing it that's another story, but shouldn't be regarded in a conversation of balance.

Who are all these "stronger than Sonya" characters though???? Geras? Erron Black LOL. I mean if all we can say is "Geras is better" that's an issue in itself no? No rational person is looking at her toolset saying it's balanced in comparison to the cast. Hell Sonic placed her at #1 in the game ahead of Geras. Reality has to hit at some point. You can't remove everything, but the insane damage, the KB damage, the best projectile in the game, the Godlike buttons and frames, SOMEthing has to give to align the Character to the rest of the game. Otherwise Combo Breaker with high representation and winning the Finals is just the start.

As far as the Wavedashing, it's MK9-esque so I'm inclined to believe it will stay. People tend to be in support of it and are applying it more and more.

I dunno man. This sounds like the Quan Chi MKX "he needs it" people, or the "MMH only has one person winning he isn't that strong" crew lol. She doesn't need to be the best at everything to compete, it just makes it easier and dumber in the context of the overall game.
This comment was so bad and aged horribly...

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
This comment was so bad and aged horribly...
How? Sonya is still easily top 5 at worst, is one of the most used characters at every tournament, is one of the easiest to use, all the good players easily do the ring cancels now, still has some of the best damage in the game, and she still has one of the best projectiles in the game. Seems like it aged quite well.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
I can't do complex combos. I'm an old-skool MK gamer. For me, combos didn't exist in MK1/MK2. Throwing projectiles, uppercuts, kicks, throws...that's how I played those games. For me, Sonya is perfect. She's easy to use and does enough damage that I can fight back and win games against combo crazy players. MK is an esport now. I get it. But must every consideration be made for online/professional gamers and none for players like myself that just want a few fights without having to learn the minutiae of juggling/cancelling/combos?

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
I can't do complex combos. I'm an old-skool MK gamer. For me, combos didn't exist in MK1/MK2. Throwing projectiles, uppercuts, kicks, throws...that's how I played those games. For me, Sonya is perfect. She's easy to use and does enough damage that I can fight back and win games against combo crazy players. MK is an esport now. I get it. But must every consideration be made for online/professional gamers and none for players like myself that just want a few fights without having to learn the minutiae of juggling/cancelling/combos?
There are plenty of characters in this game with easy execution tbh