What's new

General/Other - Dualist They nerfed Dualist.

Ryncage

Noob
I go to my springfield missouri local every week which cost actual money considering I live 3 hours away. Tanya (which is my main) got nerfed thanks to the crying by a bunch of dumbasses who couldn't figure out a match up after 3 weeks. I know your trying to make me sympathize but you are preaching to the choir. Just complain enough and I'm sure you'll get a buff in the next patch.
"Stop crying"
"Oh just keep crying"

If you can sympathize you understand, if you understand why shitpost.

"Stop crying"
"Oh just keep crying"

If you can sympathize you understand, if you understand why shitpost.
No silly billy I said I think youre trying to make me sympathize with you. I really don't. Your main got nerfed just like other peoples quit bitching and fucking deal with it. Or complain to Paulo and hope he buffs you in the next patch. I stated two options there which are total opposites. Just like anybody would when they are stating options. Stop being a dummy please.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
I'm not overreacting to anything. I want Liu to be stronger and capable enough to handle his match ups without barebones use "use this string and that string" strategy. I want to lay out traps, do stance switch combos, and have at least competent zoning- Which, yes, he can do now, but let's be serious here there are many characters that can do what he can do, but better.

Ryncage

Noob
No silly billy I said I think youre trying to make me sympathize with you. I really don't. Your main got nerfed just like other peoples quit bitching and fucking deal with it. Or complain to Paulo and hope he buffs you in the next patch. I stated two options there which are total opposites. Just like anybody would when they are stating options. Stop being a dummy please.
1. Not my main. Doesnt need to be my main to recognize bullshit.
2. You werent providing options like the good goy you think you are, you forgot to add a "you could just" or "you should" but im not here to teach you how to keep up with your own shitposts and sentance structure.

Lastly, i ask again. Why shitpost? You know that pissing and moaning about other peoples pissing and moaning wont do dick, you understand nrs is bad at their jobs. Why do you do it.

1. Not my main. Doesnt need to be my main to recognize bullshit.
2. You werent providing options like the good goy you think you are, you forgot to add a "you could just" or "you should" but im not here to teach you how to keep up with your own shitposts and sentance structure.

Lastly, i ask again. Why shitpost? You know that pissing and moaning about other peoples pissing and moaning wont do dick, you understand nrs is bad at their jobs. Why do you do it.
Because I lurk these forums quite often and these dumb ass threads are giving me cancer, but yes you have a point I'll be a good goy and wurk on my sentance structure.

AssassiN

Noob
I'm not overreacting to anything. I want Liu to be stronger and capable enough to handle his match ups without barebones use "use this string and that string" strategy. I want to lay out traps, do stance switch combos, and have at least competent zoning- Which, yes, he can do now, but let's be serious here there are many characters that can do what he can do, but better.
So you want a character that has a bit of everything?
Doesn't seem like Dualist is designed for that purpose, his projectiles are a bit faster in light stance but nowhere near the level of his other variations. I'm not sure how is pressure is now in Dualist, I need to lab a lot more and play matches.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
So you want a character that has a bit of everything?
Doesn't seem like Dualist is designed for that purpose, his projectiles are a bit faster in light stance but nowhere near the level of his other variations. I'm not sure how is pressure is now in Dualist, I need to lab a lot more and play matches.
If I want a character that has a bit of everything, I'd play Quan Chi. All I'm asking for is decent buffs to his toolkit so he can use his space control abilities to keep pressure going while playing mind games, which is what I think they were aiming for when they designed this character. It's hard to think of a positive match-up Dualist has where I wouldn't rather just play DF or FF.

That's why we're looking at what NRS is doing for Kenshi, Kitana, Jacqui, Kano, and Takeda and we Dualists are like

I hope @colt and @16 Bit sees this thread and understands the struggle is real. Why are we getting meager pickings and worse yet, getting deceived by patch notes saying things like "7 frames off recovery for metamorphosis" when it reality it's more like...2.

kaseyk

Noob
[QUOTE="Dudley Dowork, post: 1884907, member: 922I go to my springfield missouri local every week which cost actual money considering I live 3 hours away. Tanya (which is my main) got nerfed thanks to the crying by a bunch of dumbasses who couldn't figure out a match up after 3 weeks. I know your trying to make me sympathize but you are preaching to the choir. Just complain enough and I'm sure you'll get a buff in the next patch.[/QUOTE]
They did buff liu once... but they stole it away immediately . We had the bad luck of having an infinite off the bat which caught us a few universal nerfs each patch . We won't get a buff and likely won't get the whiff issues that all us day one liu mains have been asking (hoping) for .
the infinite had to be fixed and the dash cancel needed tweaking too but all the other small nerfs and changes have held Liu back .
next they will nerfs his iafb to only allow 2 and heavily increased dmg scaling as more people become capable of doing them lol

so we lost dualist... they tried to buff it, but their Q&A can't understand a pressure character, they broke it, trying to buff it, but they are trying and with the kp2 we probably have more patches, so i'm gonna stay with the character but everybody jumped ship and that is stupid (i jumped to cryomancer cause it is stupid easy)

I'm staying with dualist

one of the issues is that we are like 100 worlwide so we are worthless to nrs, i really hope this isn't the case

I hope you all come back soon and they make this variation a beast!!! we don't need much, we are used to work really hard for our victories

p.d. we need two less frames in the dd1 and decent light fireballs, actually we don't need the low light ball, just give us a high 80-100 lightball, instead of the 180 aprox, it doesn't make any sense a two second fireball

these forum is dying right now, please give inputs

edit: right now every match up is at least 4-6 btw

You had to put weeks, months even to get actual legit great pressure with kabal! There was room for error everywhere. If liu's pressure was anything like scorpion's than that was like a few day learning curve. I don't feel bad! Lol

Parasurama

Dragon
I will keep playing with Dualist too. Hopefully they will fix the stance switch so there is more advantage, so it is not negative or neutral. Even if they do not, he is still fun to play but is he viable for tourneys still - is the zoning buff enough?

I will keep playing with Dualist too. Hopefully they will fix the stance switch so there is more advantage, so it is not negative or neutral. Even if they do not, he is still fun to play but is he viable for tourneys still - is the zoning buff enough?
He may be tournament viable, but you have to be extremely on point. He's low mid tier. Like in the 17-27 in the tier list

What I do now is forget about switching stance to pressure apart from bating or back-dash and b2 or njp kick or poke into db2. Its frustrating!!!!! I concentrate on using the ex solar flare for pressure but I don't always have meter. Also I use f21 fake, but not to much against a good player(you would get destroyed). I do some safe healing stance fake to bate a wakeup:p (everyone thinks I am unsafe.lol). Don't forget to 1 fake, 11 fake, 111(+2) into pressure, 11 low fireball bla bla.That's my pressure. :coffee: