What's new

General/Other - Dualist They nerfed Dualist.

So they nerfed dualist. I don't think it was intentional but they nerfed liu kang as a whole which nerfed dualist. No string into b12 breaks armor, at most from SS cancel he'll get plus; 4-5? Everything is armorable, backdashable, they didn't really fix the fireballs, the orb on block setups are more unsafe. Even though more things link on hit, they're not safe on block. Liu kang is about pressure, dualist losses pressure, especially from his main string. As of now I'm dropping the character.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Isn't plus 4-5 really good pressure? Just because something isn't guaranteed doesn't make it good. I don't know about your other points though.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
So they nerfed dualist. I don't think it was intentional but they nerfed liu kang as a whole which nerfed dualist. No string into b12 breaks armor, at most from SS cancel he'll get plus; 4-5? Everything is armorable, backdashable, they didn't really fix the fireballs, the orb on block setups are more unsafe. Even though more things link on hit, they're not safe on block. Liu kang is about pressure, dualist losses pressure, especially from his main string. As of now I'm dropping the character.
Its not as bad as all that. All his strings into SS are safe on block except for b12. This means you have to hit confirm into ss if you want to push buttons after.

f213 into orb is still safe against 90% of the cast.

dualist fireball on hit is now +9, used to be +4. Not really good but okay. When i tried I think b34, s3, f44, b44 into ss are all plus on block. Not sure

Its not as bad as all that. All his strings into SS are safe on block except for b12. This means you have to hit confirm into ss if you want to push buttons after.

f213 into orb is still safe against 90% of the cast.
F213 into orb isv now -12. Meaning that Kitana can reversal with no meter for a punish or enhance it for a free combo, making this mu 7-3. Tanya can reversal punish, kano can reversal punish. Etc.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
So he has to actually play the game and can't just safe pressure into safe pressure into safe pressure..YEEEAAAAHHHHHH.
#NerfD3

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Almost anyone can armor except those with slow armor (quan chi, takeda, etc.) Backdashes are very viable now
Are we talking about the same thing? After f213 ss I'm still catching all the backdashes I did before and beating all the armour that used to get beat. Maybe there are one or two things slipped past but very few.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Didn't Kabal's pressure used to be based on being plus but not Jailing everything but rather it's like a big guessing game of if you should poke or not? Work it like that, you gotta read if they're gonna armour out or push a button then interrupt it with a poke or a move faster than theirs.

Didn't Kabal's pressure used to be based on being plus but not Jailing everything but rather it's like a big guessing game of if you should poke or not? Work it like that, you gotta read if they're gonna armour out or push a button then interrupt it with a poke or a move faster than theirs.
Shhh I'm very salty right now, leave the sensible game plan out of this :DOGE

But kabal had multiple plus "cancels" liu kang has one that's +4/5
Everything else is either neutral or negative plus kabal could cancel that string into a semi-safe 50/50 if I remember correctly. Liu don't have that either

Everything else is either neutral or negative plus kabal could cancel that string into a semi-safe 50/50 if I remember correctly. Liu don't have that either
kabal also had godlike range moves, was good in the air and his AA also launched into combos, dualist has none of those

Scott The Scot

You're right. Fuck this patch, usesless crap :DOGE

I'm not saying he has to be Kabal, lords knows we DO NOT NEED THAT. However, I think Liu can take a page out his book. You're +4? They ain't gonna respect you? Block there reversal special and punish. They're gonna mash d1? Block then counterpoke OR do your F1 since it's 6f - there's a 2 frame gap; they don't have a 2 frame normal :p Oh they're going to respect it and try to bait out something from you? I think not. You're going just do the cancel again until they press a button. Or throw them haha.

This is what Liu Kang's pressure system is now. No more Jailing. Just a pure mind game :p

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
F213 SS is where his pressure came from and it stills stuffs armour and backdashes.

F213 Ex dark orb kind of sucks but it was a bit a bill anyway.

Scott The Scot

kabal also had godlike range moves, was good in the air and his AA also launched into combos, dualist has none of those
We don't need or want another Kabal. It's nothing to do with being in the air, we're talking about his pressure game. You're pressuring the opponent already, you're literally as close as you can get. I'm suggesting take a page out of Kabals book and learn from him, you won't be him of course. Stop the downplay please, at least Liu is at an advantage.

Mpizz10

Liu Kang and The Flash mains
Didn't every single dualist main all say very confidently that if they nerf the f213 string instead of the fbdc that dualist would be ruined? Also idk if it's just me but it seemed like every character got better except shinnok predator and liu how can liu even be close to how overpowered those other two were meanwhile quan chi gets an awesome buff specially for the block infinite from liu kang that no longer exists I just don't understand. I know it's not fair to say well liu hasn't won a major but his tools aren't over powered in anyway I would love to see someone like sonic fox main him so they will realize that you can out play your opponent for majority of match then still lose