What's new

They must fix houses in Monopoly

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
They must fix houses in Monopoly​

I’m sick and tired of this house hotel monopoly meta. Something needs to be done. How can they make them so broken? You land on a property with a house, its stupid expensive and can lead to bankruptcy in no time. It’s such a scrub friendly mechanic, it’s all anyone ever does. Oh, I randomly rolled well, got a monopoly on a property, now I’m going to spend the free money I got just for going around the board to buy houses derp derp. I played my 10 year old nephew, he doesn’t know a thing about rental properties and he was still win just by randomly getting some monopolies, building a few houses, and then I landed on them. Luxury tax and I’m dead. It just rewards random luck instead of skill.

Not to mention, the balance is way way off. The properties I typically main collect almost no rent compared to other properties, how is that even fair? And don’t even get me started on the broken Railroad or Utilities mechanics. And if you throw doubles 3 times in a row you go to jail? Why is the game punishing me for rolling good?

Seriously, this has to be one of the most broken and rushed board games ever. Maybe they should spend some time trying to fix their game instead of coming out with guest characters like Star Wars Monopoly. Get your shit together Parker Brothers. Until they patch this garbage pile of a game I’m going back to Clue Jr.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
So fucking agreed. They take zero skill and reward bad decisions instead of forcing people to think when to spend money.

The whole mechanic needs to be redesigned the game fucking sucks. Problem is Hasbro don't even care and it's just straight up disrespect at this point.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
They must fix houses in Monopoly​

I’m sick and tired of this house hotel monopoly meta. Something needs to be done. How can they make them so broken? You land on a property with a house, its stupid expensive and can lead to bankruptcy in no time. It’s such a scrub friendly mechanic, it’s all anyone ever does. Oh, I randomly rolled well, got a monopoly on a property, now I’m going to spend the free money I got just for going around the board to buy houses derp derp. I played my 10 year old nephew, he doesn’t know a thing about rental properties and he was still win just by randomly getting some monopolies, building a few houses, and then I landed on them. Luxury tax and I’m dead. It just rewards random luck instead of skill.

Not to mention, the balance is way way off. The properties I typically main collect almost no rent compared to other properties, how is that even fair? And don’t even get me started on the broken Railroad or Utilities mechanics. And if you throw doubles 3 times in a row you go to jail? Why is the game punishing me for rolling good?

Seriously, this has to be one of the most broken and rushed board games ever. Maybe they should spend some time trying to fix their game instead of coming out with guest characters like Star Wars Monopoly. Get your shit together Parker Brothers. Until they patch this garbage pile of a game I’m going back to Clue Jr.
Lmao, I did not expect this! I do agree, Though. Monopoly sucks. Too long, too boring.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Houses are OP. Never upgrade to Hotels. Just use as many houses as possible. That way the houses run out and then you can’t lose unless you get really, REALLY unlucky, which isn’t likely.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Let's also keep in mind the house crisis strategy where you never buy hotels, just fill up with houses, and then no one else can expand because there aren't any fucking house tokens! This is so unreflective of real life. Since when have houses been such a finite limited resource?

This is a real monopoly strategy I've used, and it actually works if you just seem authoritative like you know what you're talking about

xKMMx

Banned
THis all may be true but nothing is more satisfying than a rage quit after you buy Broadway and Park place and your opponent flips the board over and throws a handful of money across the room.

xKMMx

Banned
THey may be older and more primitive but the true neutral and footsies of games like Mouse Trap and Candy Land were made during the best era of board games

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
THis all may be true but nothing is more satisfying than a rage quit after you buy Broadway and Park place and your opponent flips the board over and throws a handful of money across the room.
What's actually most satisfying is choking your opponent to death with your slum properties like Baltic and vermont when they spent all that money on Board Walk and can't develop anything off it.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
We all agree that fuck the 3rd strip in the map right? Red and yellow spots are fucking evil

Fucking nerf them all to hell. Give them the IGAU Scorpion treatment