What's new

General/Other These Forums are Dead Let's Get Some Discussion

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Anyway how do quan players feel about using dashback b3 to beat some short range pokes? The few times i used quan it worked well and anything that makes your opponent poke less is a good thing for you.

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
STB Shujinkydink Are you talking about backdash b21 as a spaced AA thing or as an actual AA?

and Dr Flash, REO and I tested d3 ex rune. If they can counterpoke correctly, you're either losing meter from being poked on ex rune startup or you're going to eat a full combo (i.e. Kabal counterpokes with f4/f4~dash). Their counterpokes need to be on point, though

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Okay, super serial question (Joke aside, I am being serious):

What if I told you Quan Chi is being held back by importance being placed on rune trap?

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
STB Shujinkydink Are you talking about backdash b21 as a spaced AA thing or as an actual AA?

and Dr Flash, REO and I tested d3 ex rune. If they can counterpoke correctly, you're either losing meter from being poked on ex rune startup or you're going to eat a full combo (i.e. Kabal counterpokes with f4/f4~dash). Their counterpokes need to be on point, though
I know that, but know one ever counterpokese it except soapbox so I use it

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Okay, super serial question (Joke aside, I am being serious):

What if I told you Quan Chi is being held back by importance being placed on rune trap?
I will agree to a point. DrFlash44 does best against me when he uses his meter on a wider variety of things. Yeah if you have full meter and its round 1 or 3 go for it, but ex rune is really good in the footsies game too,which is an area where qc lacks.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
-4 point blank. Not -4 from further out.

It's +3 at 1/4 screen. +15 half screen.
WAit...... What is it at fulll screen? You probably get a free exrune

EDIT:Ok so ex rune is 21 frames..... so prob about 3/4 screen when a skull is blocked you get a free ex rune. trance is 25 so there are probably frame traps with that. Has anybody looked into this?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
WAit...... What is it at fulll screen? You probably get a free exrune

EDIT:Ok so ex rune is 21 frames..... so prob about 3/4 screen when a skull is blocked you get a free ex rune. trance is 25 so there are probably frame traps with that. Has anybody looked into this?
It's +25 full screen. +18 3/4 screen. Slightly further than 3/4 gives you free EX rune. Pretty sure half-screen is unjumpable trance.