What's new

General/Other These Forums are Dead Let's Get Some Discussion

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
I'll start. I went for a antiair trance the other day and I guess I messed up the input as a standing 3 came out. I reacted to the standing 3 coming out and put in a trance input. The standing 3 antiaired my friend and the trance caught him just before he hit the ground. It was in the middle of an intense set and it was a pretty epic moment. Any other quans have anymore epic moments like this to share.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I wish Quan chi had a few normals where he used that sword he has in that fatality he stole from scorpion, it's such a cool looking sword.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I just wanna say i was there for HGTV DrFlash44 and his moment. I have never been so hype in my life. I was playing the winner of them in a tournament and it looked like his opponent HGTV Ermacio had him and then it was like wtf. Best part is ermacio was playing kabal. lol

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
In many ways, the Rune Trap is like the Five Knuckle Shuffle of MK.

In some aspects, it's completely retarded, and has no logical reason to be as efficient in its environment as it is.
But in others, it is perhaps the single most dangerous comeback mechanic in the entire game, and it makes hype like promiscuous people make babies.

Quan Chi isn't Meter-dependant. Quan Chi is player-dependant.
Rune Trap, Spoon Trap, he needs a player at the top of their mental pillars to not only exploit his tools properly, but to avoid being exploited.

Quan looks more like Kurt Angle, now that I think about it.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
ive been using round 2 strictly for toasty boosts. Unless i lost the 1st round.

What do you guys think of following up a rune trap with 113 skull ball? guaranteed chip and leaves you at -4. builds a decent amount of meter too

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
ive been using round 2 strictly for toasty boosts. Unless i lost the 1st round.

What do you guys think of following up a rune trap with 113 skull ball? guaranteed chip and leaves you at -4. builds a decent amount of meter too
unless they duck the skull ball which is then full combo punish.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
This one time I was playing someone and everyone there had never heard of me before so they were watching me and getting really hype at all my quan shit and I hit an u3 trance and this guy was like, "Yeh his overhead is one of his best moves you see." I wanted to just stop playing and get and slap him.

DemoniChris

Lord of the Sick
This one time I was playing someone and everyone there had never heard of me before so they were watching me and getting really hype at all my quan shit and I hit an u3 trance and this guy was like, "Yeh his overhead is one of his best moves you see." I wanted to just stop playing and get and slap him.
Yeah, because a 25 frame blockable on reaction normal is his best utility :rolleyes:

RYX

BIG PUSHER
rune trap is cool if i do it to you but if you do it to me we can't be friends.

EDIT: some random BnBs that i love doing

jip b3 1+2, b21, b11 trance, jip 21 skull. it's like 39% no meter, ex is a guaranteed rune trap.
jip f12 trance, jip b21, b21, b11 EX mid rune. 43% and it just looks beautiful.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
I might have something video worthy. I don't know. I'm messing with it.
Yes we need another mayo vid. I personally think that what every quan has to do it after a d3 go ex rune and if you read that they are going to interupt it go d3 112. I think that it has potential to help him a lot with getting out of pressure and I'm gonna start doing it a lot more now.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Yes we need another mayo vid. I personally think that what every quan has to do it after a d3 go ex rune and if you read that they are going to interupt it go d3 112. I think that it has potential to help him a lot with getting out of pressure and I'm gonna start doing it a lot more now.
Wait............. if Im going to interrupt it with a downpoke.... and doesnt 112 hit high?

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
which is why you also have the 212 option which doesn't
So.... why use 112? If you think they are going to interrupt, use 212..... if they are not going to...... why wouldnt you just 212 and get more chip? Unless they are poking out of 212 on reaction cuz its slow..... then d3 rune.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
So.... why use 112? If you think they are going to interrupt, use 212..... if they are not going to...... why wouldnt you just 212 and get more chip? Unless they are poking out of 212 on reaction cuz its slow..... then d3 rune.
cause 112 is faster and is more rewarding on hit and just as awarding on block