What's new

These changes need to happen.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Kano's ex knives should explode on impact and rocket people into the air to give him full combo opportunities.
Kano should be able to hop through the air like a damn flea and catch people out of almost anything
Kano should get a 50/50 wakeup game where he'll either kick you in the shin and donkey kick you into the air or have a damn buzzsaw shoot out from his wrist.
Kano should get a teleport that is very difficult to punish and helps him get full combo off his new move where he throws oversized nets across the screen with hitboxes the size of vans.

Sonya is pretty good, but Kung Lao is still better.
Believe it or not but kung lao is one of the most undiscovered characters of the game, 24 low hat and ''safe spin'' prevented people from actually learning stuff. this character has really fast normals and he controls the air like a god, he gets in whenever he wants. he has high damage of off chip and corner and meter combos. builds meter like crazy.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I don't think you get it.

First and foremost, this thread was made for comedic purposes. Perhaps I should just throw up an image of a troll face whenever I'm not being 100% serious.

Second; the serious part of this thread is to look at Kung Lao as we look at Baraka... a junior character. People ask the question why play Baraka when you can play Cage? The same almost applies for Kung Lao and Sonya. Lao's teleport is the only real difference maker here. This is where we could have a stimulating, intelligent discussion on how to play Kung Lao differently than Sonya - and why not just play Miss Blade.

This thread isn't "fucking stupid". There's a serious discussion to be had covered up with comedy. You seem to have missed the boat.
what is "fucking stupid" is comparing baraka to cage
they play nothing like eachother,they both have an armored advancing special,a AA special and a reset,thats were it ends,
if u try play baraka like cage you'll never win a round and the sooner people cop on to this the better, its funny how its near always non cage/raka players than seem to say this

baraka is NOT a rushdown char,if u start 121212 or 2222 or f4f4f4f4 with raka your in for a long ride into the pit,even a quick look at the frame data shows there nothing alike
cage has no high/low mixup, baraka does, most of cages"frame traps" are pseudo ones or are on hit traps,while baraka has +5,+8,+10,+11 block traps.
cage is the better char yes but if u played raka for even a week youd see how wrong the statement u made is

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
16 bit you played PL's Kung lao, what were some unique things about his lao? like what kind of stuff does he do when he gets in?
I can't remember anything mind blowing as far as his pressure goes, it's his footsies and insanely good mobility. No one is as good at whiffing the dive kick and setting up the teleport.

1man3letters

What are you talking about? Baraka has amazing rushdown and is disgusting up close. He has traps similar to Cage where you cant get him off of you.
i didnt say he couldnt rush down but that is not his meta game, from cages 8 frame moves to barakas 23+ frame there is a BIG difference with rushdown,only after your opp respects the charge and d4 can raka "rush"

mileena has the u4,42 frame trap and the means to get in, does that make her rushdown?no, her meta game is counter zoning

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
Kung Lao should have both his normal and EX spin cover distance while still being hard to jump over, it should be safe on block, and it should lead into more damage, around 40%. He should also end all his combos with the opponent standing forcing them to block his next mix up, which both of them are safe on block and do around 15% on hit.

His dive kick needs to be way safer and also lead into 40% combos that leave the opponent stand blocking a mix up.

Take away his low hat but make his normal projectile much faster and a fast recovery.

Make his teleport just arc across the screen instead of go up and then down.

He can also d4, d3, and d1 into said safe Spin - it produces a total of 6% chip if all is blocked.

These are the changes that need to happen to Kung Lao imo. What do you guys think?
I don't mind any of this. As long as you can d1, d3, d4 or and low starter through the spin just like you can do for parry and Baraka's spin. Then you can have your safe spin.

CYracks

Command Grabber
Comparing Sonya's Cartwheel to Kung Lao's spin is ridiculous. When you're fighting Sonya and you see that she's
out of meter you think "Ok, now it's time to attempt some rushdown". But KL doesn't require meter for his spin so the comparison
is kinda stupid.

1man3letters

Both have a fast advancing special that has armor on the EX version. On hit they both send the opponent far away, making it not a tool to be used as a "get in for free" function.

Both have basic projectiles that while can help, are on the lower end of useful projectiles.

Both characters have amazing anti-cross up functions. Baraka has spin and cage has the upwards kick.

Both characters function on frame traps of some sort. Baraka has more legit frame traps while Cage does have a few legit frame traps (sweep, ect.) he takes advantage of strings ending on 0.

Both end their combos into a reset for added pressure.

How is this not similar? Also how is anyone going to argue that Baraka is a better character than Cage?
wtf? u just named the few things they have in common that i just did in reply to your message :confused:
many char have similar things but play nothing like eachother, kang and sindel have a high/low/air fireballs,are they similar versions of eachother??? no

and i said cage is a better char than baraka so no one is arguing that

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
With all due respect, do nothing but 2,4, lowhat in my face and enjoy taking 47% combos. Pre patch.
you placed high in that euro tourney. theres no doubt in my mind you are right, because everybody knows only the brainddead scrubs ate that shit.

oh and reo. DAYUM!

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
you placed high in that euro tourney. theres no doubt in my mind you are right, because everybody knows only the brainddead scrubs ate that shit.

oh and reo. DAYUM!
I'm sure it was just a moment when he forgot about interrupting it on block.

Wanting your character to be better so you can beat scrubs is no fun :p