What's new

These changes need to happen.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Just have him start at the top of the screen and do your signature on top of the other player.

Boom, he can win again.

gdf

Noob
Wow, just wow. I'll bet that this thread gets many posts, however other Kung Lao gameplay related threads will probably remain stagnant. smh

Oh wait, I forgot - I was just describing another character in the game!

Sounds OP huh? Sonya is the best character in this game. Proved it.
DAmnnnn, yes I hate sonya I play scorpion and she leaves him with less than half of his tools left.

the low hat was kung laos tool to fight low hitbox characters but now it cant be used upclose anymore. the only thing I could wish for kl right now is that his low hat is only punishable by moves with 9 or less frames, so only things like superman or reptiles dash for example. But im happy with Kl as he is right now. but dont give him the advantage on hit anymore with low hat

anybody got tips against this bitch?

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Yeah, his tele is better than her arc kick and it leads to full combo so that trades for the lack of full combo off of his dive kick (but then again tele has a different use so aren't comparable at all). Her dive kick is safer but not safe so there isn't really a difference in offline high level play except you punish a blocked KL dive kick with a anti air type combo (unless there is time to wait for him to hit the floor then punish? not sure of this) whereas sonya's with full combo because she's left on the ground.

But yeah of course she's freaking awesome, not arguing that. But both of their move sets have their uses and weaknesses. Don't want them to be the same character, but I do take this thread to be more about "Sonya's very good" rather than actually comparing the two though haha.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Kung Lao should have both his normal and EX spin cover distance while still being hard to jump over, it should be safe on block, and it should lead into more damage, around 40%. He should also end all his combos with the opponent standing forcing them to block his next mix up, which both of them are safe on block and do around 15% on hit.

His dive kick needs to be way safer and also lead into 40% combos that leave the opponent stand blocking a mix up.

Take away his low hat but make his normal projectile much faster and a fast recovery.

Make his teleport just arc across the screen instead of go up and then down.

He can also d4, d3, and d1 into said safe Spin - it produces a total of 6% chip if all is blocked.

These are the changes that need to happen to Kung Lao imo. What do you guys think?
Lmao, I was going to say, why does it feel like you are describing Kung Blade?

Flagg

Noob
Is this your way of saying that Sonya needs to be nerfed?

I've suspected for awhile that she is in the top 3 in this game.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Just saying, this thread is fucking stupid. I could make that argument for any character because it makes no sense.

Maybe I'll go into the Kitana forum and be like:

HER FANS SHOULD FREEZE.

HER SQUARE BOOST SHOULD GO ALONG THE GROUND AND HIT LOW.

SHE SHOULD GET AN ICE CLONE.

... oh wait I'm already describing SUB ZERO! HAHAH.

Seriously it makes about as much sense as this thread.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Kung Lao's Dive Kick and teleport are a huge deal. Sonya does not have that kind of mobility.

It's possible KL is better than Sonya too.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Kung Lao's Dive Kick and teleport are a huge deal. Sonya does not have that kind of mobility.

It's possible KL is better than Sonya too.
I dunno man, I think I'd have to disagree with that, the divekick and teleport are good moves, but sonya hes everything kung lao has but better.

The only thing she lacks is being able to close space with a fullscreen divekick, but that's pretty much it.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Dive kick, teleport and f+3 as tools to get in are a big deal that can't just be blown off. She also doesn't have a 6 frame launcher.