What's new

General/Other - Cassie Cage There's something about Cassie

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Some changes I have noticed through initial screen shots to the latest stream:

Her eyes became a bit brighter and are no longer flesh/subdue color (looks a lot better)

Her brawler stance- initially she appeared to have glowing green hands if not all the time- a majority of the time.. In the newest stream (end of feb) I see the glowing fist in the variation selection circle, but I don't see it at all in the brawler stream portion, the only difference I see is her gloves are a tan, fingerless variant, as opposed to fingerless grey leather (Hollywood), and full finger grey leather (Spec Op).

In her Hollywood variant- they are talking about certain moves adding a Johnny Cage-esque flavor to them, mostly in combos's, as a homage of where she came from, you see the same two punch, kick, glowing flash kick combo, it appears, and they make it appear as if it is a visual effect mid combo, however at the pause screen on the quick move list, you see:
Glow Kick B,F X
This leads me to believe she has daddy's shadow kick and it is more than just a fancy combo ender.

That's about all for now, loving the progression and things I am seeing- bring on April 14th already!!

How about you? Notice anything different? Any changes? Subtle, major, whatever.. Post em here

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Some changes I have noticed through initial screen shots to the latest stream:

Her eyes became a bit brighter and are no longer flesh/subdue color (looks a lot better)

Her brawler stance- initially she appeared to have glowing green hands if not all the time- a majority of the time.. In the newest stream (end of feb) I see the glowing fist in the variation selection circle, but I don't see it at all in the brawler stream portion, the only difference I see is her gloves are a tan, fingerless variant, as opposed to fingerless grey leather (Hollywood), and full finger grey leather (Spec Op).

In her Hollywood variant- they are talking about certain moves adding a Johnny Cage-esque flavor to them, mostly in combos's, as a homage of where she came from, you see the same two punch, kick, glowing flash kick combo, it appears, and they make it appear as if it is a visual effect mid combo, however at the pause screen on the quick move list, you see:
Glow Kick B,F X
This leads me to believe she has daddy's shadow kick and it is more than just a fancy combo ender.

That's about all for now, loving the progression and things I am seeing- bring on April 14th already!!

How about you? Notice anything different? Any changes? Subtle, major, whatever.. Post em here
i believe her glow kick is the upward anti air kick (ex has dive kick after) the shadow kick is just in a string

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
i believe her glow kick is the upward anti air kick (ex has dive kick after) the shadow kick is just in a string
You know what fred.. I hadn't even thought of that.. Touché sir!
I guess the fact that it goes upward, I would consider it a D,U X charge and not a B,F X charge..

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
I'd say the models we seen in the Story cut-scenes are final...At this point they're just spit shining the game...Changes were bound to happen, she looks realll gud

VOR

Noob
Her head and neck are more evenly proportioned with the rest of her body. I think her backflip kick/ goes a bit more backwards now, which makes it less of an option as a neutral tool. It's moreso for combos maybe?

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Her head and neck are more evenly proportioned with the rest of her body. I think her backflip kick/ goes a bit more backwards now, which makes it less of an option as a neutral tool. It's moreso for combos maybe?
The backflip has backward motion to it, all depends on how fast she recovers out of it as to where you can go with it. Also depending on the hitbox:
-Potential AA
-Potential combo extender
-Potential Brutality finisher
-Potential GTFO move to get space to zone

Last edited:
Reactions: VOR

VOR

Noob
The backflip has backward motion to it, all depends on how fast she recovers out of it as to where you can go with it. Also depending on the hotbox:
-Potential AA
-Potential combo extender
-Potential Brutality finisher
-Potential GTFO move to get space to zone
Yes, things more along these lines as opposed to a way of closing the gap, unlike sonya and batgirl.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
The Kombat Kast dated- 3/19
35:58 mark
Does she have a ground shot pop up?!?! Sure as shit looks like she shoots him off the ground. :eek:

Last edited:

Kal

<3
I love Cassie. When they initially said she's the daughter of Sonya and Johnny, I really didn't think I would like her as much considering I'm not a fan of her parents. The more I saw of her, the more I liked her, and now she's my 2nd favorite in this game after Mileena. They nailed her personality so extremely well, I find her to be a funny sassy smartass. All her interactions have been absolute gold so far, especially the one with Jacqui.

Neclord

Noob
I might main her now, just because her new face is really how a female character should look like! =P

Will probably main Jacqui and Cassie in the end. #daughterstoostronk