What's new

Strategy "There Is No Justice!" - Scorpion Oki & Mixups thread

Something that I found with Scorpion is when you end combos with his regular spear, you can create an unseeable cross up/fake cross up with his teleport punch. Right after Scorpion hits the opponent if you teleport quickly, then he'll be on the other side of the opponent right when they wake up. If you slightly delay the teleport, then he'll be in front of the opponent.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Something that I found with Scorpion is when you end combos with his regular spear, you can create an unseeable cross up/fake cross up with his teleport punch. Right after Scorpion hits the opponent if you teleport quickly, then he'll be on the other side of the opponent right when they wake up. If you slightly delay the teleport, then he'll be in front of the opponent.
This can be avoided by them tech rolling and recovering faster, which will mess up your timing and let them block the incoming teleport punch. I posted the same thing in the general discussion thread, but forgot to put the dummy on tech roll. Would have been awesome, but he has plenty more to make up for it =)

As for my own contribution:
Mentioned it in another thread, but MB Hellfire is guaranteed after a Flip Kick on hit.

The patch removed any and all OTGs it appears, but this one remains in tact, just VERY tight on timing. You can tell you've done it correctly by if it hits during the start of their tech roll.

Drecker

GET CITY.
After any combo ending with Teleport Punch (for the stagger vortex setup), you have time to set up his nj Instant Teleport (Teleport barely above the ground) and go for mixups.

Pretty dirty.

Mintt

Kappa
Just a heads up 113 teleport does not work on the following characters unless you burn teleport meter: Flash, BatGirl, Raven, Catwoman, Killer Frost, Green Arrow, Harley Quinn, Hawkgirl, and Nightwing. On the rest of the cast you can nail 113 teleport 113 spear without teleport meter into whatever u fancy.:confused:

I'll share mine. So you can cancel his 2+U3 into teleport. The nice thing is 2+U3 is an untechable knockdown so they can't roll. The teleport leaves you right in front of them and from there you can go for a cross up Ji3 for full combo if you hit. This isn't a safe jump but most wakeup attacks will whiff in the other direction and most of the wake ups that whiff you can stuff them if you do a jump back 3 instead of the cross up. Also 2+U3~tele combos on big character models like grundy, bane etc which is fine because you can follow up w/ 11~MB spear. I havent tested this on every wakeup attack but I know for sure J back 3 after 2+U3 beats out KF wake up slide.

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
Got a nice 41%, 1 bar, and trait corner combo into ambiguous crossover reset if the opponent decides to quick rise. Thanks to Abubagasa for giving me the idea for this corner combo. Sorry for the low quality.

edit: I've manage to sqeeze out a 53% into corner reset

inputs for 53%: ji2, b2, b2, 3xxTrait, F113xxBS(MB), b3, nj3xxTP, ji1xxTP

SmokeMaster

Trait has a cooldown of 10 seconds. It's better to use it within a combo instead of trying to end a combo with it. You'll need it to cancel out of his vortex setups for big damage.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Trait has a cooldown of 10 seconds. It's better to use it within a combo instead of trying to end a combo with it. You'll need it to cancel out of his vortex setups for big damage.
16 cooldown.

Skitzo

Noob
Would 212/21mb tele be a mix-up? or 2u3

cause of the way you'd have to block the overhead & tele lol

SmokeMaster

What are you talking about?

212 requires you to block high.
21ex teleport requires you to block high... the other direction.
It's not that hard to block it though after the string. I can see that coming and my reaction time is not that great.
Maybe because I come from Capcom games I can deal with crossovers like that. Your right though EX teleport is alot safer

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Just a heads up 113 teleport does not work on the following characters unless you burn teleport meter: Flash, BatGirl, Raven, Catwoman, Killer Frost, Green Arrow, Harley Quinn, Hawkgirl, and Nightwing. On the rest of the cast you can nail 113 teleport 113 spear without teleport meter into whatever u fancy.:confused:
AeroGrunt

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
This is simple but worth noting. His vortex remains in tact but better in my opinion because the low is pretty much hit confirmable now and the overhead(b2), is much safer on block than the traditional overhead sword smash. Buyers beware though....this game patches anything thats too good to be true and right now this character is very overpowering with mixups and his improved vortex. Dont get too reliant on it. Havent been able to check yet to see if b2 can be fuzzy guarded though.